Status
Not open for further replies.

Y0sh1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Now that Nintendo has published firmware 5.0.0 and probably fixed several vulnerabilities, why are the hacks not being made public?

I mean, usually you keep them in secret to prevent Nintendo from patching them. Now, anything that was patched in 5.0.0 should be made public IMO

I also hope that revealing the hacks will bring the scene closer together

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Now that Nintendo has published firmware 5.0.0 and probably fixed several vulnerabilities, why are the hacks not being made public?

I mean, usually you keep them in secret to prevent Nintendo from patching them. Now, anything that was patched in 5.0.0 should be made public IMO

I also hope that revealing the hacks will bring the scene closer together
because they are not ready and some might still be useful.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Another one?

Let's start with the answer... Because they're not done yet? Because they're not in a usable state?

Also, keep the questions to the other threads relevant to 5.0.0 and Hacks.

D

Deleted User

We all want Homebrew, but we must wait a bit longer for it. We need to be thankful that developers are even working on them in the first place.

Memfis

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Of course, it would be nice to get HBL on 4.1.0, but that's not our decision. But yes, I also hope there will be more information soon, what is planed for homebrew for 4.1.0 and I think we will get it, if the time has come.

Reactions: Deleted User

d12unk13astard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For every new 5.0.0 fw thread you newbs make the devs should delay any hax there working on, I know I would. It will be out when finished

/thread

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MichiS97

Y0sh1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
if this question has been asked before, I did not find it. If instead of rolling your eyes, you point me there to read the answers I will gladly close this

Reactions: Quantumcat

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because they are not ready and some might still be useful.

Speaking of, I know we got a new security measure in 5.0 but does anyone know how much progress was actually pushed back with the update?

We saw this with the 3ds many times before. New updates would break progress... Then we'd see a new similar exploit right around the corner. Could this be the same case with the switch? Or is the new SoC revision a whole different ballgame that would require work from the ground up to exploit?

I know 5.0 probably hasn't been explored enough to know yet but I am curious.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
if this question has been asked before, I did not find it. If instead of rolling your eyes, you point me there to read the answers I will gladly close this
You're obviously new to the scene. Next time read through threads. Also, don't ask why devs don't release something due to 'x' reason. It's a sign of entitlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1