Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5- week month; reporting period 10/31/10 through 11/27/10

Top 10 Games (New Physical Retail only; across all platforms incl. PC)

01. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, Wii, PC, NDS) ACTIVISION BLIZZARD ** - 8.4 Million
02. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (360, PS3) UBISOFT **
03. Just Dance 2 (Wii) UBISOFT
04. Madden NFL 11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP) ELECTRONIC ARTS
05. Fable III (360) MICROSOFT**
06. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) NINTENDO
07. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3, 360, Wii, PC) ELECTRONIC ARTS
08. Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) SONY**
09. NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP,PC) TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE
10. Wii Fit Plus (Wii) NINTENDO**

**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)

Hardware:

Nintendo DS: 1.5 Million (-11.8%)
Xbox 360: 1.37 Million (+68%)
Wii: 1.27 Million (+0.8%)
PS3: 530k (-25%)

1. November marks the sixth consecutive month Xbox 360 leads video game consoles in sales, with 1.37 million units sold. (Source: NPD Group, November 2010)

2. Xbox 360 is the only console to show double digit year-to-date growth at 42%, making it the fastest-growing console in 2010. (Source: NPD Group, November 2010)

3. 50% of spending at retail this November (for current generation consoles) was on the Xbox 360 platform. (Source: NPD Group, November 2010)

4. During the month of November, four of the top ten console game titles were for Xbox 360 including: Call of Duty: Black Ops, Fable III, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, and Halo: Reach. (Source: NPD Group)

5. Black Ops debuted as the best-selling game in its launch month (in history) with black ops selling 8.4 million units at retail in the U.S. With only one month of sales, it has become the 7th best-selling game of all time, life-to-date.

6. Black Ops accounted for 25% of all video game software units sold in the month of November.

7. The Music/Dance genre increased 38% in unit sales over last November fueled by Just Dance 2 and Dance Central.

8. The Xbox 360 Kinect was the best-selling accessory item in November. With one month of sales, it's the top-selling accessory item in terms of dollar sales on a year-to-date basis.

9. GT5 wouldn't have charted at all if it wasn't for combined multi-platform game SKUs

10. The Xbox 360 platform contributed five of the top ten accessory items for the month.

Source: VgChartz.com

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because of Kinect, snotty little kids (and other casuals) now get an Xbox360 too
frown.gif

I hate casual gamers!
And PS3 sales dropped because of mothers thinking:
''Xbox is less expensive then a PS3, so i'll get that brat a Xbox''

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
...And I haven't bought (or pirated) any of those. The only one I'm getting is DKCR, and that's as an Xmas gift.

Huzzah! I'm not a statistic!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, the 360 raised 68 percent and is still second.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft rises to become the new monopoly, killing Nintendo and Sony. It was bound to happen from the Kinect. I hold my DS to you, though, Nintendo, for staying the top for so long.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jonesman99 said:
QUOTE said:
9. GT5 wouldn't have charted at all if it wasn't for combined multi-platform game SKUs

What does that mean? I thought it was just considered a racing game.
The wording makes it seem like it's supposed to mean that if they hadn't combined the sales from for GT5 across all consoles, it wouldn't have charted at all. That doesn't make ANY sense though, because it was a PS3 exclusive...

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
jonesman99 said:
QUOTE said:

What does that mean? I thought it was just considered a racing game.
Reading comprehension fail.
If Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, and the other multiplatform games present in the chart; had their sales separated by platform instead of having the sales of all platforms accounted for in the chart, GT5 wouldn't be in the chart. The poster above didn't get it either, it seems.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorry but you sound like a big xbox fanboy or something

all your little comments are about how great the 360 is to other systems and your topic descrption

Sully99

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:

all your little comments are about how great the 360 is to other systems and your topic descrption

Those comments come from the NPD group. They are not my words. Cut & paste from VgChartz.com

I'm sorry but you sound like a defensive sony fanboy or something.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sully99 said:
Joe88 said:

Those comments come from the NPD group. They are not my words. Cut & paste from VgChartz.com

I'm sorry but you sound like a defensive sony fanboy or something.
I have a 360, what purpose is there calling me a fanboy when I have all 3 systems

Im only making a statement from what I can see, you made a new account and posted this thread only writing positive thing about the 360, and only negative things about the others

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you even considered the release date of those games before posting that title? GT5 was released the previous Wednesday this stats where taken. Sales highly incremented on the weekend in the US. I can draw my own conclusions too based on random statistics, but that would also be useless.

Worldwide Top 10 27th November 2010
1 PS3 Gran Turismo 5 2,135,545
2 Wii Wii Sports 1,041,811
3 X360 Kinect Adventures! 861,893
4 X360 Call of Duty: Black Ops 735,618
5 Wii New Super Mario Bros. Wii 670,545
6 Wii Donkey Kong Country Returns 553,636
7 Wii Wii Sports Resort 548,958
8 PS3 Call of Duty: Black Ops 537,418
9 X360 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 518,693
10 PS3 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 509,488
PS3>Wii>Xbox?
smileipb2.png
Source

Sully99

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sephxus said:
Did you even considered the release date of those games before posting that title?

Good thinking. Here are the release dates

Donkey Kong Country Returns Release Date: November 21st

Gran Turismo 5 Release Date: November 24th

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Release Date: November 16th

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Release Date: November 16th

Call of Duty: Black Ops Release Date November 9th

Fable III Release Date: October 26th

Just Dance 2 Release Date: October 14th

Wii Fit Plus Release Date: October 4th 2009

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm saying it here:

The keg at Activision has been tapped out for the last 7 years.

To think that repeatedly unoriginal games like Black Ops and every other generic shooter sells well, yet original amazing games like Psychonauts did not.

I swear, shooters will be the cause of the next Video Game Crash.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
ShadowSoldier said:
I'm saying it here:

The keg at Activision has been tapped out for the last 7 years.

To think that repeatedly unoriginal games like Black Ops and every other generic shooter sells well, yet original amazing games like Psychonauts did not.

I swear, shooters will be the cause of the next Video Game Crash.
well i've never liked CoD but i have to admit that the campaign in black ops was awesome

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITT: Trolls trolling trolls

This is all meaningless sales drivel.... Take anything out of context and it can look either good or bad. It all depends on how you present the facts. (Shipped vs Sold, US market only, Consolidated data, etc) This is why all sales topics are a gigantic waste of time.

Also, how anyone can cite vgchartz.com as a "legit" source is beyond me.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sully99 said:

Come again? GT5 is on another console besides PS3? I'm sure that'd be news to Sony. Someone should call them up.
rolleyes.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
Sully99 said:

Come again? GT5 is on another console besides PS3? I'm sure that'd be news to Sony. Someone should call them up.
rolleyes.gif
it means if cod were counted for each system separately
but besides the point gt5 it only had 4 days to sell that many copies to even get on the list

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
DryYoshi said:
Because of Kinect, snotty little kids (and other casuals) now get an Xbox360 too
frown.gif

I hate casual gamers!
And PS3 sales dropped because of mothers thinking:
''Xbox is less expensive then a PS3, so i'll get that brat a Xbox''
u-mad.jpg

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
GeekyGuy said:
Sully99 said:

rolleyes.gif
it means if cod were counted for each system separately
but besides the point gt5 it only had 4 days to sell that many copies to even get on the list

You're quantifying that backward. If GT5 sells on only one platform -- which, from what I understand, it does -- and Black Ops sells on four different platforms (not including DS), GT5 did pretty fucking amazing, all things considered.

Sure, if you combined the SKUs of Black Ops, no other games would chart.

None of this matters, though, as this listing should have been free of such ridiculously obvious (and poorly written) editorializing. If it's news, it's news. If you've got an opinion piece, this is the wrong place to post your love for 360, or hate for PS3, or whatever...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo