ROM Hack Notched-Ear Pichu Dissapeared?!

Mikehoncho16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tough luck man, i think pokesav changed itf to a normal pichu, since it probably doesnt recognize the notched ear pichu (yet), my advice is to wait for a pokesav update, maybe u could then change it back to notched ear pichu, since it is viewed as a different pokemon.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank God I keep spare save files, just found a file BEFORE my friend messed with it, and now I have it back WOOHOO~! Only thing is, I have to do about four hours over, Like one route and gym, but I have my NEP back!

Remember people, DON'T change it's stats or anything cause you might lose it!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CamulaHikari said:
Only thing is, I have to do about four hours over, Like one route and gym, but I have my NEP back!
You could have just transferred the NEP from the old save to your current save using Pokesav.

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you just sav the PKM file and reload it in you're other SAV file.

EDIT: Actually I don't think that will work, it will be normal again, but give it a try.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Arp1 said:
Why don't you just sav the PKM file and reload it in you're other SAV file.

EDIT: Actually I don't think that will work, it will be normal again, but give it a try.

Already tried that before using the old sav, doesn't work, it will just be a normal pichu... But I think I will take the pokemon that I caught later and transfer them to this save (the one with NEP)~!

PK Strike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can edit it's stats in a hex editor without losing the spiked ear. It's how I got my level 250 NEP
tongue.gif

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, A shiny Pokemon's shininess depends on their Iv's. You change them, you change it to a normal looking Pokemon. I know, because 1) Bulbapedia, and 2)Experience. Once had a gold Steelix on a Japanese HG ROM, tried to change it's Iv's and it became a normal, silver steelix.

So in all, a shiny pokemon will probably never be as strong as a normal Pokemon. But it is flashy and pretty and fun to have, don't get me wrong.
lecture.gif
gbasp.gif

EDIT: Lolz, thought you were talking about the Pikachu-colored Pichu *FAIL*. But maybe the same rules apply anyway. Make sense?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
IIRC a pokemon is shiny or not depending on it's ID combined with it's IVs, so if you modify it's IVs you need to also give it the new ID that will make it shiny with those new IVs.

I cannot for the life of me find a download link to IVPID.exe, so I put it on mediafire.
http://www.mediafire.com/?nzjn2zmnoe2

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, I'm tired. XD

s3k7i0n8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Olly said:
You can't pokesav the spikey eared pichu.
It will become normal.
Olly go to our chat I have something to tell you.
Edit: A shiny pokemon is determined by an algorithm with the TID, SID, UID, and LID. the UID and LID come from the PID and it has nothing to do with IVs b/c eggs IVs don't have to match the PID

DreamTrooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hahaha that would suck, i had a similar experience, but not cheating, started my HG game, first pokemon caught was a gold geodude, was psyched on it, then save file got corrupt, and no backup...i was heartbroken (hehe, pun totally intended)

G

GentleFist

i had this pichu too, then i used pokesav to change my charmander to having pokerus and my pichu became normal, i didnt even touch the pichu

my next approach was loading the sep pkm on my save and it worked but i was upset that it didnt have my ot and trainer id on it anymore and changing it to mine also made it normal...

so basicly using pokesav makes your sep normal, guess the spikey eared pichu is just too cool so pokesav can't comprehend with it

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
GentleFist said:
i had this pichu too, then i used pokesav to change my charmander to having pokerus and my pichu became normal, i didnt even touch the pichu

my next approach was loading the sep pkm on my save and it worked but i was upset that it didnt have my ot and trainer id on it anymore and changing it to mine also made it normal...

so basicly using pokesav makes your sep normal, guess the spikey eared pichu is just too cool so pokesav can't comprehend with it

That's strange, I didn't have this. I chaned quite a few pkmn to have pokerus and also changed my togetic move set (wanted it to have magical leaf, like the togetic on serebii pokedex said). Did the same to my magmar to have it learn thunderpunch, and my pichu is still NEP (this is with that save file that still had it, lucky~!). I also plan to use it to teach my new pokemon (tauros, miltank, magnemite, farfetch'd) to learn the tm's I have and they can learn (saves money
biggrin.gif
).

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Pokésav to edit my Pikachu-Colored Pichu too and it turned into a normal Pichu. I made a Backup Save File just in case...so I was right.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CamulaHikari said:
Altough, this makes me wonder, what will happen when you send it to the pokewalker, will it still be NEP when you send it back?
actually, they even included it in the pokewalker.
it has it's own image in the pokewalker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: