Emulation Not64 & Wii64 - Separate ROM directories?

Noizecreep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi All,

Finally made an account after lurking on here for a while and trying to learn how to hack my Wii U. This forum is a godsend for learning how to do everything!

I'm still a noob to all this, but from what I understand it's preferable to have both Not64 AND the latest version of Wii64 (with Rice & Glide) on my Wii U as each are able to load some games better than the other.

So my question is: Do I need to create separate directories for the ROMs on my FAT32 HDD? For example

HDD: wii64/roms

and also HDD: not64/roms

And essentially have 2 copies of each ROM, 1 in each folder until I figure out which ones work better on each emulator (or simply consult the gbatemp compatibility list)

and the same question for saves - separate directories? can the saves be transferred from one emulator to the other?

Appreciate any help offered! Thanks!

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Finally made an account after lurking on here for a while and trying to learn how to hack my Wii U. This forum is a godsend for learning how to do everything!

I'm still a noob to all this, but from what I understand it's preferable to have both Not64 AND the latest version of Wii64 (with Rice & Glide) on my Wii U as each are able to load some games better than the other.

So my question is: Do I need to create separate directories for the ROMs on my FAT32 HDD? For example

HDD: wii64/roms

and also HDD: not64/roms

And essentially have 2 copies of each ROM, 1 in each folder until I figure out which ones work better on each emulator (or simply consult the gbatemp compatibility list)

and the same question for saves - separate directories? can the saves be transferred from one emulator to the other?

Appreciate any help offered! Thanks!
It's best to do it that way in my opinion
N64 ROMs essentially don't take up much space at all you could probably get every N64 game and probably take a few GB's if that I believe highest game size I seen was Resident Evil 2 at 64mb or so
Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Last edited by danny19901,
Reactions: Noizecreep

Noizecreep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Many thanks for the reply!

Yeah indeed, space is not an issue at all, just wanted to make sure Not64 isn't programmed to search for ROMs in a Wii64 folder, but that's great, appreciate your help!

Dubya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump an old thread.

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Was hoping to run all 3 emulators (rice/glide/not) without duplicate roms

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum