Homebrew Having a Exception (DSI) occurred with Wii64 when I select "New ROM"

cadeswii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Having a Exception (DSI) occurred with Wii64 when I select "New ROM".

The FIRST time I select "New ROM" it works fine. I can play any ROM I want and it works. However, once I go back to the Wii64 menu and try to select "New ROM" a second time I get this error and my Wii freezes. I am able to just reboot my Wii and it works fine again but this is happening over and over again on the second time I try to use "New ROM". It doesnt matter if I even select a ROM to play or not if I even just press back and try to click "New ROM" again this happens. I am clueless.

I have a bipra 500gb external hard drive with gamecube and wii games on it. I have a 128gb sandisk SD with homebrew apps and n64 and other emulators on it. Both storage devices are FAT32 and work fine with other homebrew apps.

EDIT: I downloaded a new Wii64 instance and tried it on a completely different wii with different storage devices and it still happens. Maybe its just a bug with Wii64...

WIN_20230909_11_54_14_Pro.jpg

Last edited by cadeswii,
Reactions: SaulFabre

Dubya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been having this same issue.

Haven't found anyone else commenting about it either.

Funny thing is that I also have a Wii U using the VC version of Wii64 and it works fine ... someone suggested trying the VC version on my Wii and still no luck

Reactions: SaulFabre

cadeswii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been having this same issue.

Haven't found anyone else commenting about it either.

Funny thing is that I also have a Wii U using the VC version of Wii64 and it works fine ... someone suggested trying the VC version on my Wii and still no luck
I switched to Not64 and it works alot better

If you remove all the cover art for Wii64 it seems to fix the above problem.

Dauntingsalt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Having a Exception (DSI) occurred with Wii64 when I select "New ROM".

The FIRST time I select "New ROM" it works fine. I can play any ROM I want and it works. However, once I go back to the Wii64 menu and try to select "New ROM" a second time I get this error and my Wii freezes. I am able to just reboot my Wii and it works fine again but this is happening over and over again on the second time I try to use "New ROM". It doesnt matter if I even select a ROM to play or not if I even just press back and try to click "New ROM" again this happens. I am clueless.

I have a bipra 500gb external hard drive with gamecube and wii games on it. I have a 128gb sandisk SD with homebrew apps and n64 and other emulators on it. Both storage devices are FAT32 and work fine with other homebrew apps.

EDIT: I downloaded a new Wii64 instance and tried it on a completely different wii with different storage devices and it still happens. Maybe its just a bug with Wii64...

View attachment 392897
I had this same issue and found that it only happened when using the wiimote in wii64 when selecting “new rom”. When I use my gc controller it works fine.

Dubya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this same issue and found that it only happened when using the wiimote in wii64 when selecting “new rom”. When I use my gc controller it works fine.
Just came to this realization myself

... anyone know why having a GameCube controller plugged in would stop the crash dump?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto