Wii64 Boxart Issues

Dubya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying Wii64 1.3-20211222 basic mode with boxart support.

Everything initially works fine, box art loads up and I can start a game. But once I exit a game and try to load another I always get a crash dump.

Is this a known issue?

Also, the boxart / games take quite a long time to load up every time ... is there a cache/prefetch fix for this?

Thanks
Post automatically merged:

I should note that I also have a Wii U with the exact same setup using the WiiVC version and it works without issue.

Last edited by Dubya,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've been trying Wii64 1.3-20211222 basic mode with boxart support.

Everything initially works fine, box art loads up and I can start a game. But once I exit a game and try to load another I always get a crash dump.

Is this a known issue?

Also, the boxart / games take quite a long time to load up every time ... is there a cache/prefetch fix for this?

Thanks
Post automatically merged:

I should note that I also have a Wii U with the exact same setup using the WiiVC version and it works without issue.
you can also use tge wiivc version on regular wii there is no difference, if you want.

Dubya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure.

I've been using both the Rice and GL versions of Wii64 1.3-20211222 ... everything is running off the SD card btw.

I was using a forwarding channel but have since been opening them straight from HBC to make sure that wasn't the issue.

I have not changed any settings, so they should be whatever default settings are.

This will happen with any game and any amount of time playing ... after launching Wii64 it will start in "basic" mode ... selecting "new rom" will take me to game selection with box-art (after taking a while to load) ... after selecting a game and playing without issue I will exit the game and be taken back to the "basic" mode screen ... at this point, if I click on "new rom" I will get a crash dump.

Again, it doesn't seem to matter which game or for how long.

The only thing I notice different from the original Wii64 files that are currently on my SD Card is a "RiceVideo.cfg" file in the "Wii64" folder ... that and I have "mupen64plus.v64", "wii64.z64" and "fcube.v64" in my "roms" folder

As I've mentioned, I have a Wii U with the same setup using the WiiVC version without this issue.

Thanks for the help.

Dubya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bit of an update on this random issue ...

Found out that this crash WILL NOT happen if I have a GameCube controller plugged in.

... so take that for what you will

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto