Homebrew Not64 Update

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hopefully we can get a new not64 update soon its been 7 months and extrems usually releases updates like twice a year and we still didnt get a 2022 update on not64 xD

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

T0biasCZe

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hold on to your butts folks... Things about to get crazy in here :P

36304183-9a924dac-135e-11e8-8fff-5f19a59f1529.png

(Wii64 TexPack DOL) https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/releases/download/HiResTest/wii64-Rice.dol

Source: https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/releases

Props to Emukidid, Thanks Mate :)
when trying to convert the textures it gets stuck when it finished searching for possible textures...
174147026-b009e2f9-3e22-402a-af83-3803ad8b8f6e.png

Jochte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when trying to convert the textures it gets stuck when it finished searching for possible textures...
174147026-b009e2f9-3e22-402a-af83-3803ad8b8f6e.png
Some textures are problematic for the converter. When it encounters a single texture that is problematic it freezes at that texture - as you just described. The work around I found was to delete it from the folder where it is located. There could be several textures that are problematic.

How do you find it? It's trial and error as there is no way -- as far as I can tell -- how to identify which ones wont convert correctly. Try leaving out half of the folders and start a conversion. If everything fully converts then you know there's a problematic texture someone in the folders you removed. Add back half the folders then convert again. If it converts, you're even closer. It won't take long to find the folder that has the 'bad' texture in it. Then keep doing it one at a time and you'll find the problem one and leave it out on your next conversion.

You had success with the Molly Mutt SM64 texture pack precisely because there were zero problematic texture files for the converter. All it takes is one to lock it up.

Last edited by Jochte,

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bump... anyone?

i did further testing. this is wii64 readme:
**VideoMode**

* 0 = VIDEOMODE_AUTO (default)
* 1 = VIDEOMODE_PAL60
* 2 = VIDEOMODE_240P
* 3 = VIDEOMODE_480P
* 4 = VIDEOMODE_PAL
* 5 = VIDEOMODE_288P
* 6 = VIDEOMODE_576P

i tried every possible choice, but nothing seems to change.

then i switched wii64gl dol file with not64 dol (from official mupen64 archive), and 240p video mode works well. i even tried to put a working not64 settings.cfg in wii64 folder, but no result.

is 240p video mode broken for wii64?
thanks, spinoman.
Yeah this has been broken for as long as I remember, trying to change the viewport resolution to 240p in the actual Rice or glide plugin .inis just ends up making the game display in a 1/4 size box in the corner of the TV. It's a shame too considering that wii64 has better compatibility, so you have to make the choice between 240p and performance

Sogun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello @Extrems ,

Just reporting a "regresion" I just found out but that was introduced some iterations ago.
In Mario Kart 64 in the Bowser's Castle course, the texture used for the Thwomp's body doesn't render correctly.

November 16th, 2021 build
October 9th, 2017 build

I don't know when this issue was introduced since I don't have all Not64 builds installed, but they are present in all the Wii64 1.2 and 1.3 builds as well. Sorry if that info isn't very helpful or relevant.

Extrems

GameCube Wizard
Trophies
Website
www.extremscorner.org
XP
Country
Canada
i can but extrems will see it in seconds if he wants too lol but here it is

old not64 before the regression fix

View attachment 291346

latest not64
View attachment 291347
This has nothing to do with either version and you can get the same displays in either version.
Post automatically merged:

Hello @Extrems ,

Just reporting a "regresion" I just found out but that was introduced some iterations ago.
In Mario Kart 64 in the Bowser's Castle course, the texture used for the Thwomp's body doesn't render correctly.

November 16th, 2021 build
October 9th, 2017 build

I don't know when this issue was introduced since I don't have all Not64 builds installed, but they are present in all the Wii64 1.2 and 1.3 builds as well. Sorry if that info isn't very helpful or relevant.
This was introduced in August 20th, 2021. How annoying.

Last edited by Extrems,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hey @Extrems any chance for your Not64 to review my changes for have Wii U GamePad support?

I've opened a pull request time ago https://github.com/extremscorner/not64/pull/4 for try to add DRC (Wii U GamePad) support for use Not64 with the Wii U GamePad, when using WiiU WiiVC injects.
I wanted to try this by compiling Not64 by myself but i couldn't since it requires devkitRice, which is a private toolchain.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
New not64 released

https://github.com/extremscorner/not64/releases/tag/20221029

release notes are abit to technicall for me so no idea what improved i will be doing some compatibility testing later.

• Implemented CACHE IXIN/IHIN and LLD/SCD instructions.
  • Optimized LDL/LDR/SDL/SDR instructions.
  • Optimized ULW/USW/ULD/USD instruction macros.
  • Optimized AND/OR/XOR/NOR/ORI/XORI with 32-bit operands.
  • Updated Mupen64Plus RSP HLE plugin.
  • Updated xxHash to v0.6.5.
  • Other minor fixes
Post automatically merged:

Just testing some problematic games on my list and they seem about the same

Was this more off a speed update?rather than compatibility? or its just more specific changes?

GT 64 still has the gfx glitch where the track only renders like 20 meters ahead and its just fog around the screen
Body harvest still cant walk through bridges or mountains(shame since its an n64 exclusive)
Battletanx(usa and n64 exclusive) still doesnt start.
turok 3 still has black square around enemy feet
battlezone rise of the black dogs still cant see a thing ingame besides the background and your ship hud.
batman beyond still runs too fast it should run at 30 fps but runs at 60 fps so twice the speed.
Vigilant 8 1 and second offense there is still Black squares around every explosion and many menus are still graphically broken.FB textures are unstable and can crash both games before reaching ingame so only turn them on while inside game and turn them off every time you return to the menu.
Hexen Still cant see your main weapon on the screen its invisible
Paperboy 64 still doesnt start in dynarec only in interpreter.(you can switch to dynarec and play the game after fine tough)
bettle adventure racing trees and skybox still glitched but rest is fine
cruisn exotica still graphically broken(same texture repeated every time on every object)
Castlevania 64 seems to start in dynarec now but crashes before reaching ingame
Castlevania legacy of drakness seems to start in dynarec now but crashes as soon as you star ingame
wetrix still cat see anything ingame
winback still has grey square moving about.
World Driver Championship still crashes on boot
taz express (n64 and pal exclusive) still does not start intrepreter or dynarec
Lego racers need fb textures to see far away cars and they all have black squares around them.
Super man 64 still has pink sky and borders should be texture-less and they get solid random color texture.
Duke nukem zero hour has the lower half of the screen cut off when ingame on menus is fine ingame its not.

Last edited by pedro702,

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I haven't noticed any diffrences too (well, date is diffrent). But... on this pack there are two .dol files - one in apps directory, and one in root directory. They are diffrent. Both won't run on my Dolphin (the one from apps directory, which I tested on real hardware, hangs emulator, an the one from the root of the archive causes error). What's going on?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I haven't noticed any diffrences too (well, date is diffrent). But... on this pack there are two .dol files - one in apps directory, and one in root directory. They are diffrent. Both won't run on my Dolphin (the one from apps directory, which I tested on real hardware, hangs emulator, an the one from the root of the archive causes error). What's going on?
dol in the apps folder works fine for me the rest are not for us afaik.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night