Homebrew Not64 Update

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
None of you can even BEGIN to understand how happy I am that this project is being "revived".
Now that I moved from Wii to WiiU I'm in the process of updating/adding everything I can to it so hopefully, in time it could become the "Ultimate Nintendo console" meaning that it would play everything from NES to WiiU.
And now that Nintendon't is basically FLAWLESS (at least all the games I'm interested in appear to run without so much as a single glitch) and with retroarch taking care of everything before N64. these news re like a gift from above...
Could anybody tell me if the dol can be run from USB?
Thanks. For the help and SPECIALLY for the updates.
Please keep working on it and if I can help in any way I'll gladly do so.

PS: Maybe this deserves it's own post? I mean, like an "official" one... A place to post updates, links you know... the whole 9 yards.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Some more feedback from my testing (click on names for videos of games where applicable):
[Note: check page 23 for my post of what games work good with Not64 as well]

• OoT hack Zelda's Birthday works but freezes sometimes when entering a new area, music still plays fine.
  • OoT hack Voyager of Time works great.
  • GoldenEye hack CS map pack (GoldenEye multi with Counter Strike maps) works but has kinda slow splitscreen multi. Use FB textures ON to stop flashing screen of player 2.
  • Bomberman 64 & Bomberman 64 Second Attack now boot, they code dumped before. Video plugin issues, cause black screen however while music (and the game) play on the background.
  • S.C.A.R.S. works, has video issues but is very playable. It used to code dump before. Kudos to the new sound plugin of this version, thanks Extrems once again!
  • Army Men Sarge's Heroes (the first one) works
  • Southpark boots and runs in interpreter mode, used to code dump in last version. It resets after a while, like Turok 2 & 3 however.
  • Turok Dinosaur Hunter works fine as reported previously, bar two issues: if you fall on a cliff, the game may freeze while Turok is shown plunging and screaming. Also, loading level 4 blackscreens the game.
  • San Fransisco Rush (the first one) boots and runs fine until you select your car, it code dumps then.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Still has slowdowns in some places but much better than previous version. My settings are Audio:limit VI , Core: Dynarec and all else default.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Still has slowdowns in some places but much better than previous version. My settings are Audio:limit VI , Core: Dynarec and all else default.
Oh good to know that it has been improved somewhat.
Might also give Sarge's Heroes 2 another try too since it had similar responses with the emu.

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me, but I noticed the boot.dol file was last modded in 2012. Although the controlx.cfg & settings.cfg files were modded in 2014. Which is great. But isn't the meat & potatoes of this emu the *.dol? I assume this would have the same compatibility & issues as the previous 2012 Mupen.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new update is great is there anyway it can be updated to work with the Wiiflow emulator plugin? I tried just switching the dol out but when you try to play an n64 game from the Wiiflow menu it just opens the emulator and not the rom. https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/plugins-setup Anyways any help with this would be appreciated I love this emulator it lets me play all my old N64 games on my Wii since the N64 doesn't work very well any more. I only wish monstertruck madness and kirby 64 would work better hopefully we can get support for some of the other video plugins that those games work with. Keep up the great work!

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
The new update is great is there anyway it can be updated to work with the Wiiflow emulator plugin? I tried just switching the dol out but when you try to play an n64 game from the Wiiflow menu it just opens the emulator and not the rom. https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/plugins-setup Anyways any help with this would be appreciated I love this emulator it lets me play all my old N64 games on my Wii since the N64 doesn't work very well any more. I only wish monstertruck madness and kirby 64 would work better hopefully we can get support for some of the other video plugins that those games work with. Keep up the great work!

you should check the plugin ini file for not64
If you don't feel like experimenting just grab my latest wiiflow masterpack and enjoy the latest not64 plugin

link in my sig

Reactions: Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should check the plugin ini file for not64
If you don't feel like experimenting just grab my latest wiiflow masterpack and enjoy the latest not64 plugin

link in my sig

Oh so does the new masterpack have the newest version from this thread? I tried to get the master pack from the wiki originally but the link wasn't working I guess it's fixed now thanks a lot!

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Another new find:

Killer Instinct Gold does not get into match in this version. It stays on the character VS screen while musing is running.

Also, something that will make quite a few people happy: a complete 200% Donkey Kong 64 savegame for Not64!
https://www.sendspace.com/file/hqgbaa

It is a savestate (slot 0) so load the game, then exit to menu, then go current rom-->load state-->0 and then back into game. Now you can play all levels, all bosses, all bonuses as well as the DK arcade!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Also, something that will make quite a few people happy: a complete 200% Donkey Kong 64 savegame for Not64!
https://www.sendspace.com/file/hqgbaa

It is a savestate (slot 0) so load the game, then exit to menu, then go current rom-->load state-->0 and then back into game. Now you can play all levels, all bosses, all bonuses as well as the DK arcade!

The normal saves don't work yet, right?
Only save states for DK64?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hybrid Heaven still has the infamous ladder issue, which makes the game nearly unplayable, you have to switch between dynamic and interpreter cores, no one should have to switch cores to play a game, really. Of course though, the developers are aware of the issue, they just won't fix that among other remaining bugs.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hybrid Heaven still has the infamous ladder issue, which makes the game nearly unplayable, you have to switch between dynamic and interpreter cores, no one should have to switch cores to play a game, really. Of course though, the developers are aware of the issue, they just won't fix that among other remaining bugs.

That issue is also present with the Castlevania games, in which you have to switch between cores to be able to play a little bit further.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That issue is also present with the Castlevania games, in which you have to switch between cores to be able to play a little bit further.

The problem with Hybrid Heaven is there are dozens of ladders throughout the game, you have to switch to the Interpreter core to climb up or down, otherwise the camera spins outta control, but you can't climb on the Dynarec Core, the game works, but I wouldn't call it playable really, don't think they'll ever fix it. Konami games seem to be problematic on Not64.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The problem with Hybrid Heaven is there are dozens of ladders throughout the game, you have to switch to the Interpreter core to climb up or down, otherwise the camera spins outta control, but you can't climb on the Dynarec Core, the game works, but I wouldn't call it playable really, don't think they'll ever fix it. Konami games seem to be problematic on Not64.

It's even worse in Castlevania.
At least in Hybrid Heaven you DO KNOW where it will glitch.
In Castlevania, it glitches at random.

I remember I switched to the other core after a part I knew it froze.
I was playing fine, jumped and that was it, freeze. XD

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's even worse in Castlevania.
At least in Hybrid Heaven you DO KNOW where it will glitch.
In Castlevania, it glitches at random.

Proving that the developers don't give a rat's ass about Not64 stability, so far they've focused on speed but I don't think the Wii can put much more speed into games. Stability and compatibility need to be next.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will anger the gods, edit it. :P

Why? That's not really my concern :P People report the issues, and they are aware of that Konami issue (has to do with the dynamic core), but they haven't done anything about it. We can report issues till the cows come home, but it ain't gonna motivate them lol.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why? That's not really my concern :P People report the issues, and they are aware of that Konami issue (has to do with the dynamic core), but they haven't done anything about it. We can report issues till the cows come home, but it ain't gonna motivate them lol.

Same as the almost 200 other issues which I know they have read but no response. :P

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.