Hacking Not totally bricked, any advice before i screw it up more.

ryanfitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i have preloader 3.0 installed, HBC 1.0.6, and BootMii as a IOS... I only installed BootMii for the hell of it, in case i could use it in the future, etc... everything was fine, the wii booted into BootMii and i selected to boot to system menu from bootmii... the wii turned off, i turned it on, the light came on, disc motor spun up and it turned back off, i went into preloader and changed autoboot from bootmii to system menu to bypass bootmii interaction, same thing, went into HBC from preloader, removed bootmii as IOS, same results, if i boot into preloader and choose system menu it still loads and works fine... however i cant turn the wii on with the wiimote and if i just turn it on it turns back off... the only way everything works is through preloader.... can someone give me some advice on this... it started happening after i tried to load system menu through bootmii....

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes some strange problems are being reported by certain users. It is odd. It seems to work perfectly for me. I'm on 4.1U, had v.29 j0di patched, upgraded to .30 with the test file from yesterday, then upgraded again today with the final release. No issues to report of any kind. Wiimote will turn the Wii on and Off fine.

puzzling.

ryanfitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.30 has a uninstaller, i dont want to completely remove preloader then id be screwed... is it possible to use the uninstaller, go back to HBC and reinstall 0.29 JODI? Or does the uninstaller reboot the system? I suppose if preloader wasnt booting before the system menu and getting confused about the autoboot settings it would simply boot the system menu... but im not wanting to take the chance.

ryanfitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took a chance... installed .29 over .30 and it went fine, rebooted and it went right into system menu. Thanks for the help.

ryanfitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
transam81 said:
do you still have your bootmii folder on the same SD card now. where is your nand backup?

I have BootMii installed only as a IOS as i dont have a vulnerable boot2... so i have a nand backup, but its pointless.

phantagom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A nand backup is never useless, and you dont have a dont vulnerable boot2 you mean a boot 1
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Every so often they only come around like once a year