Gaming Not been banned, but been online once (PokeSM)

Umbra-Luna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I went online just before the first ban hammer came down and wondertraded a few pokemon. After I found out that people were being banned, I turned off my wifi and played it offline not daring to go online again.

I've just checked today, and I can still access the e-shop and Friend network, so can I go online? (After midnight tonight, cuz I'm europian) and not get banned?

I heard something about Nintendo reading your play logs to figure out if you've played before release or not, and banning through that (rumors or truth?)

Anything I should be aware of? Whats the current state of the scene in terms of online play with Sun and Moon?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you went online Thursday? If that's the case, your ban is probably still waiting for you unfortunately.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I went online just before the first ban hammer came down and wondertraded a few pokemon. After I found out that people were being banned, I turned off my wifi and played it offline not daring to go online again.

I've just checked today, and I can still access the e-shop and Friend network, so can I go online? (After midnight tonight, cuz I'm europian) and not get banned?

I heard something about Nintendo reading your play logs to figure out if you've played before release or not, and banning through that (rumors or truth?)

Anything I should be aware of? Whats the current state of the scene in terms of online play with Sun and Moon?

If you are really paranoid about Nintendo viewing your play logs just remove Sun/Moon from the log simple.

Umbra-Luna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So you went online Thursday? If that's the case, your ban is probably still waiting for you unfortunately.

Okay, so I'm not sure how I managed to not see it, but apparently I am banned now? I wasn't when I checked on Sunday... Getting error 022-2812. Is there a fix to go online with this, or am I screwed?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm not sure how I managed to not see it, but apparently I am banned now? I wasn't when I checked on Sunday... Getting error 022-2812. Is there a fix to go online with this, or am I screwed?

You can't get your nnid unbanned (you won't be able to access your pokemon bank/your eshop account), but you can inject a lfcs_b to enable online multiplayer. Unfortunately you need a 2nd CFW 3ds and you run the risk of banning yet another console.

Reactions: Umbra-Luna

Umbra-Luna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't get your nnid unbanned (you won't be able to access your pokemon bank/your eshop account), but you can inject a lfcs_b to enable online multiplayer. Unfortunately you need a 2nd CFW 3ds and you run the risk of banning yet another console.

Euuuuugh. So I'm pretty much screwed either way? Think they'll be a way round it? Or is this ban temporary?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Euuuuugh. So I'm pretty much screwed either way? Think they'll be a way round it? Or is this ban temporary?

The nnid ban is perma. Most people think the online multiplayer ban is perma too.

There may be a way around the online multiplayer ban if the lfcs_b can be generated, and Nintendo is using a blacklist.

Also. You didn't notice you were banned because you have to power down, and then power back up for the ban to take effect. A lot of people reported this fact.

Umbra-Luna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The nnid ban is perma. Most people think the online multiplayer ban is perma too.

There may be a way around the online multiplayer ban if the lfcs_b can be generated, and Nintendo is using a blacklist.

Also. You didn't notice you were banned because you have to power down, and then power back up for the ban to take effect. A lot of people reported this fact.

Shit. Shit shit shit. Well I'm screwed. Before I put a CFW on my 3DS it had at least £100 worth of games on there, so I can't access them at all?

Eugh Nintendo why are you like this. I didn't even get anything good from the wondertrade :P

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit. Shit shit shit. Well I'm screwed. Before I put a CFW on my 3DS it had at least £100 worth of games on there, so I can't access them at all?

Eugh Nintendo why are you like this. I didn't even get anything good from the wondertrade :P

You can download those games with freeshop just fine. I know it sucks to lose something you paid for, but you will get the exact same files through a freeshop download.

Umbra-Luna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can download those games with freeshop just fine. I know it sucks to lose something you paid for, but you will get the exact same files through a freeshop download.

No I know. I probably wouldn't use the games I downloaded anyway cuz of freeshop, but down the line if Nintendo finds a way to fuck all the CFW consoles up, it would still be nice fall back to the legitimate way and have some games to play.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm gunna try and get online once again, if I can. See if I can't talk to Nintendo to get my NNID unbanned at some point over the next few weeks. I'll be sure to post on here if I get anywhere

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I know. I probably wouldn't use the games I downloaded anyway cuz of freeshop, but down the line if Nintendo finds a way to fuck all the CFW consoles up, it would still be nice fall back to the legitimate way and have some games to play.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm gunna try and get online once again, if I can. See if I can't talk to Nintendo to get my NNID unbanned at some point over the next few weeks. I'll be sure to post on here if I get anywhere

Tons of people have called Nintendo. You won't get anywhere. They actually have the exact day/time you went online with a illegitimate copy of sun/moon.

Further, Nintendo of Japan actually banned you - so the European Nintendo representatives don't even have the power to unban, just to ask NoJ nicely.

Good luck, but honestly your call will be a waste of time :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*