Homebrew Not able to move nand.bin from sd to computer

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since I installed bootmii and made a back up a few months ago I have never been able to move the nand.bin from my sd to my computer. I've tried this on both Windows and Linux. I get an I/O error(input/output) when trying to move it. But...everything thing else on my sd is able to copy to the computer.

So today I backed up everything else on my sd, then formatted it. Then dragged all the content back onto the sd, put it into the wii, then made another nand backup. Hoping this would solve the problem. But it didn't. When I try to move the nand.bin to my computer again, I get the same I/O error.

Anyone else ever come across this? And if so, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
might be your sd finally giving up, try a error check on it in windows it might be that the .bin is saved on a few corruped or fragmented blocks.. the only way to really no is to try a different sd card

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I use Linux. So I'm not using a virus checker.

I'll try a different SD as pepxi suggested. Thanks guys.

EDIT: By the way, I did a filesystem check in Ubuntu, and all I got was this:

fsck 1.41.4 (27-Jan-2009)
dosfsck 3.0.1, 23 Nov 2008, FAT32, LFN
/dev/sdb1: 924 files, 59341/61427 clusters

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
youre not using beta2 and canceling the verification process are you? as this can lead to a 0kb sized nand when its actually 540MB (or whatever size it really is, just going off memory atm), which could confuse your os.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: