Hacking Normal Save for Supercard SD

ThriLL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I do the normal save in-game then go on back to the menu, load it up then continue, the saved game is still there. But when I actually turn off the GBM and turn it back on, the saved game is gone. My Realtime Save works perfectly fine, I have Enable save, and Enable Saver Patch turned on, on the games' properties so what am I doing wrong?

PS: I'm completely new to all this so explain it in newb terms thanks guys =]

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know how you're doing real-time save? Just do the same thing after you save in-game, but with the A button instead of the B button. In other words, first save in-game, then press L+R+A+Select to send the updated save data to the *.sav file on your card for permanent storage.

ThriLL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
You know how you're doing real-time save? Just do the same thing after you save in-game, but with the A button instead of the B button. In other words, first save in-game, then press L+R+A+Select to send the updated save data to the *.sav file on your card for permanent storage.

Oh ok. Thanks a lot man, I was wondering what the L+R+A+Select was for. I did it, but when I turned off/on the GBM, it didn't perm. save it.

Also, is RTS saving most of the time bad for your flash cart? I have about 8 games RTSaved. I was thinking maybe having those many games RTSaved might be bad for the flash cart o.O

One more question, what are those "Enable more saver" and "Enable more real time saver" for? Are they important and should I have them enabled for the games?

ThriLL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wth. I did that L+R+A+Select save for my battle network 3. Turned off/on the gbm, on the menu all there was was MMBN (in card). I load it up then it just took me to a blank white screen. I plugged my SD to the computer then found out ALL my games were deleted even the saves, everything. My SD had nothing on it. Wth happened? o.O

Argh, three hours of Shining Soul 2 down the drain...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's rather odd, shouldn't have happened. Seems like the card needs a reformat. =/

You can try recovering it first, but you might not get too much. Right-click the drive in My Computer, hit Properties, go to the Tools tab, click Check Now, check the first checkbox only and let it run.

On a side note, make sure you keep regular backups of your save files.

ThriLL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
That's rather odd, shouldn't have happened. Seems like the card needs a reformat. =/

You can try recovering it first, but you might not get too much. Right-click the drive in My Computer, hit Properties, go to the Tools tab, click Check Now, check the first checkbox only and let it run.

On a side note, make sure you keep regular backups of your save files.

I already reformatted it on the day I got the Flash cart from the mail, since I had some files to delete on it anyway. Well it's not actually an SD. It's a microSD plugged into an SD adapter. Maybe that's the reason?

Also, I encountered two more problems.

1 was this thing called Srampatch. On some games, when I add the games' on the list it says 'Fail' on the Patch instead of 'Yes'. What's wierd is when I just installed the software, it didn't happen. All the games loaded up perfectly, and worked fine. But when I added them again on the software, it started happening. I have to uninstall the software, then reinstall it to get it to work, and it'll only work once. I'll have to uninstall/reinstall the software over and over if I need to add the games in again.
This happens to these games:
Megaman Zero 4
Metal Slug Adv.
Tales of Phantasia
TMNT

The other problem is one of my games, Buu's fury only works at some parts of the game. But right when I enter this building, it says "this game cannot run on this hardware". Any ideas why it does that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*