Homebrew Question Noob Question : Scared & Would like Someone To Hold My Hand In This Process ...

escc1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone

Good Day , Hope Everyone is Staying Safe

Im a noob

and yes Embarrassing as it may seem... yes , my title is fact ... i need someone to literary be here to guide me step by step ... so im looking for someone with patience and willing to dm or have discord

i previously asked this in the forum ... but all i got was " read this , read that , follow this , follow that " well sometimes if you new at something , you may not understand everything you read and there goes 300 dollars down the toilet ... i have heard many horror stories regarding , black screen of death , bricking , and updating firmware and games dont work , this seems like a delicate subject ... im truly doing this for my son because this is his switch , i love the switch but when it comes to stuff i have no idea about , i need help , i need someone to hold my hand , guide me through and through incase anything goes wrong , this is an expensive toy

here is the best info about what i need help with (please ask me if you need more info about my set up )

i Just bought a second hand switch (First Gen)

im on firmware 5.1.0

i was able to jailbreak the switch with this method https://www.bitchute.com/video/ZX8dB885BIVV/

when i turn off my switch , i have to turn it back on with this payload fusee-primary.bin , it then starts Atmosphere and im good , i can install games and play games with cheats using edizon ... yes my son has a blast .....

now the problem where i need someone to help me ...

im on a very old firmware 5.1.0 ... should i update firmware ? would it be the best idea ... i was brought up never to update and stay as far behind , if everything is running how you enjoy things .

except with this new stuff i have no idea .... my son says he wants Mario maker 2 and a few other newer titles , which is a higher firmware ... so i have to update .... if i update will things be the same except i will be able to put the newer titles ?

i have been sitting on this idea for along time because i haven't found the help needed ... plus i wouldn't want to brick my sons switch ... 300 is alot of money for myself and i know the first gen switch are harder to find , wouldn't want to spoil a good thing

i hope someone is able to lend me a hand and talk directly with me in message in my processing this , my son would really like it for Christmas

Thank you everyone in advanced

escc1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone Mentioned to me

"stay on 5.1.0, setup a emummc and update that to latest version then u can 100% use Homebrew"

unfortunately , i dont know how to do that ?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason to stay on a lower firmware is for a potential exploit (saying there will be) so if your Switch is unpatched (which sounds like it is). There really isn't a reason to stay on a lower firmware

escc1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i followed a guide to use choi to update firmware ... when i hit reboot

black screen .

any help anyone to restore my device .. or is it bricked for good ?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you didn't turn it off, it probably installed autorcm. (First off, if you haven't updated your cfw, you need to that before what I suggest here)

Try holding power for 30 sec
Plug in your dongle or whatever method you use to boot into cfw
Hold volume - (minus) and hit the power button.
Profit

escc1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you didn't turn it off, it probably installed autorcm. (First off, if you haven't updated your cfw, you need to that before what I suggest here)

Try holding power for 30 sec
Plug in your dongle or whatever method you use to boot into cfw
Hold volume - (minus) and hit the power button.
Profit

tried the message ... it does go into rcm mode but when i select payload

black screen ... any other help advice ?

(the guide never mention to diable autorcm , im sorry for the mistake )

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

would it be smart to do this ... or a bad move ????

System Wipe
System Wipe

This will wipe everything from your system. Including saves, installed games and everything else. Be safe and always have a nand backup

What you need:

Instructions:

1. Put the systemwipe.tegrascript script on the root of your sd card
  2. Inject TegraExplorer using your favorite payload injector (for example TegraRcmGui)
  3. Navigate to your SD, then select systemwipe.te, then Launch Script
  4. Press vol+ to wipe saves from sysmmc
  5. Confirm using vol+

Last edited by escc1986,

escc1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't do that, it not needed yet.
First I would update your cfw
how to i update now ...

all im getting a black screen ...

i can get to the hekate black screen ... but i have no i dea what to do ?

when im in the hekate black screen i get the error

failed to apply nosigchk

when i press continue i get ..

a fatel error occured when runiing atmosphere

title id 010000000000000005
press power to reboot

then black screen

Last edited by escc1986,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw