Noob question regarding cIOS rev13 a/b

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Helsionium, Jul 5, 2009.

Jul 5, 2009
  1. Helsionium
    OP

Member Helsionium Alpha and Omega

Austria
    I'm really sorry for starting a new topic for such a pointless/noobish question, but the vast amount of info is very confusing and I'm not able to find exactly the info I want, so I thought I might as well just ask here:

cIOS 13b has a bug that causes my custom game channels to only work every other time (or after I manually un- and re-connect the USB wire). This appears to be the same or a related bug many other people have encountered when trying to load a second game, it wouldn't boot.

1. Does cIOS 13a have the same bug? If yes, what version of cIOS was the last without this bug?
    2. Is it known whether cIOS 14 will fix this bug?
    3. Some loaders appear to have workarounds to fix this bug. Is there any loader .dol (for game channels) that directly loads a game from USB that also has a workaround for this bug?

I'm actually asking WiiPower specifically, because I appreciate his precise knowledge of everything ©IOS-related, but anyone who knows the answers, please feel free to answer.
    I apologize for this noobish topic and hope it will be my last one.

EDIT: Oh no, I even posted it to the wrong board...

2. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    cios 13a does not have this bug for me,so maybe 13b is the only one. I know rev10 is considered by most as very stable
    theres no way to speculate about waninkokos cios releases bcuz since rev10 IMHO the havent been tested and debugged as much. He may fix everything, he may do something weird, hes just that kind of guy

I use USB loader gx, and made my channels with JAUCLT and they work fine on rev13a

Hope that helps you

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    As far as i know the only difference between 13a and 13b is that b has the 002 patch, which makes it unusable for serious use.

4. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Also, use the PM system next time.

5. Dan_Aykroyd

Member Dan_Aykroyd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Rev. 14 will be launched at July 15 (according to Waninkoko)