Noob question on FW versions...

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by DCXPIG, Oct 9, 2019.

1. DCXPIG
    OP

DCXPIG Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2013
    United States
    Hello all-

I've been searching through but haven't found a direct answer. I'm just getting into Switch soft-modding and have a unit on FW 6.02 with a current Atmosphere (9.4 I believe) installed. When trying to install more NSP's through Goldleaf many I've tried state the firmware is either too low or too high, what am I doing wrong? I'm struggling with trying to understand all of the nuances so just warming up. I have a pending 9.xx package that I am able to wipe however it appears to linger no matter what I do.. I am nervous that I'll do something wrong or d/l the latest and undo what I have now.. HELP?

2. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    If you're still on 6.X, you should update anyway. Many many games require a higher firmware than 6.X already. Use ChoiDujourNX to update to 8.1.0 or 9.0.1.

3. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    If you have 6.0.2, you might want to keep your fuses low or use emummc (to make it easier), as you might get a warmboot.

DCXPIG likes this.
  4. DCXPIG
    OP

DCXPIG Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'm trying to understand all of it albeit in chunks.. I'm slowly crawling thru the FAQ, if you have a suggested read plz point me to the post.

5. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    If you update with ChoiDujourNX and enable autoRCM, you save fuses.

6. DCXPIG
    OP

DCXPIG Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2013
    United States
    Thanks

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted