Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

SonicZfan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm new here, and if my question has been answered already, please forgive me as I've looked through the site, and googled quite a bit. Couldn't find answers so I decided to ask here. Basically I'm trying to run Day Of Reckoning 2 on Nintendon't it crashes randomly, and apparently I need to enable Speed Limiter or w/e. How would I enable Speed Limit, I can't find any option for that? Happy Holidays!!

Goldfinder 9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys, I am trying to create forwarders of a homebrew app called BootOpera. This app allowed you to boot the internet channel from the homebrew channel and to boot a specific website, you had to post the link to that website in url.cfg. The app loads the website in url.cfg just fine from the homebrew channel, but when I make a forwarder for it it just ignores cfg.url and loads the internet channels default site. My question is: How do I get my boot opera forwarder to load from a specific website?

Should I make a thread for this question?

Justin Young

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I have a computer science degree, and used to be a programmer. I thought I would hack my wife's old wii
so I could games off a usb drive. I thought it would be sort of cut and dry.

However, I have referenced so many different videos and guides, it is hard to know what is the most reliable
and what is the most updated guide.

Anyway, I decided to follow a tutorial from here: http://www.wiihacks.com/showthread.php?t=96886

Before that, I got home-brew on my wii using the Letterbomb hack. I then installed the softmods from
the above link. However, I choose to install a new version of priiloader from its website, as opposed
to the priiloader from the above tutorial, which was something like priiloader mod239.

The mod worked, and I have several channels, like for WiiFlow, Will Usb Loader GX, and so on. However, they seem to be looking for a usb drive with wbfs format, and I thought from my research that, the loaders did not
need that anymore.

Therefore this is my question. First, did I make a mistake by not installing the priiloader mod239 verses
the newest version of it, which was just stock. In other words, is priiloader mod239 needed for the soft mod
that I ran from the tutorial. If so, should I install that older priiloader mod239 over the new one? I am afraid
to do stuff like that and mess up the system.

Secondly, the softmods I installed applied like 30 wads, with several being cIos wads. From my limited knowledge,
it appears like cIos's are not used as much. Have I modded my system, with an archaic method, which is
now simpler?

I wanted to restore my Wii back to just after my Letterbomb hack, because I took a snapshot of my firmware
at that point with BootMii. That is because, I wanted to install my loaders using a newer install guide then
the one that I did, and I want to start fresh. Is that necessary? I even thought of using ModMii now, and just
running on top of the other soft mod that I did, from the tutorial. However, with all the cIso mods in there,
I am afraid of really messing my system up.

What is the advice. Should I restore my firmware, and then start with a newer hack? Or just try to do a newer
install on top of the older mods that I have done.

Finally, I was not able to put BootMii on boot2. I tried to use BootMii to restore my firmware, but it said without
a boot2, it would not allow me, unless I used KONAMI code. Unfortunatly, I have no Gamecube controllers,
and can't input it -- which honestly, is very frustrating, and wished such a thing was not coded. Regardless,
is it safe to restore my firmware without a boot2? I am trying to buy a gamecube controller as I speak, to
enter KONAMI.

Honestly, I have never found such a divergent and complex system of install. It seems like all the software
is there to run the WII in amazing ways, and the home-brew coders have to be commended for such work.
However, the application of those processes seems a little hairy. Anyway, it is just my frustration talking.

My desire is to use BootMii to restore my firmware, and then use a newer tutorial. It would give me more
peace. Any thoughts?

D

Deleted User

One could reinstall all IOS again, by downloading them using NUSD and installing them via a WAD manager. There is an editor, called WiiFlashToolz, which allows you to append your keys to the NAND dump, which I've used to bypass the konami issue.

Justin Young

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One could reinstall all IOS again, by downloading them using NUSD and installing them via a WAD manager. There is an editor, called WiiFlashToolz, which allows you to append your keys to the NAND dump, which I've used to bypass the konami issue.

Hey,

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate the advice.

I am assuming you mean that I should install each IOS that was overwritten by a custom mod. For instance some of the mods that were installed on my
system were, cIOS36, cIOS70, cIOS90 and so on, so I guess I have to reinstall ISO36, IOS70 and so on.

As for using WiiFlashToolz, I downloaded it and will be looking into that option. I couldn't find a lot of documentation, and I am a little worried
about bricking my system, because I am a little unsure about what is going on. I take it, that when the key is appended to the dump, this somehow
passes the verification process from BootMii or something?

Honestly, I have an extremely important job to do at the moment, and I thought to myself, I will quickly mod my WII for fun, and figured to have
it done in a few hours. I installed from the hip, and when I use a script thing, I never know what is going on under the hood, and now I am left
in the dark, with a system I am not pleased with. Unfortunately, my nature is one, that I will tinker with this until I have it fixed, and that means
getting to the heart and nuts of how the WII is really hacked, and that would be a fun project, if I had the time right now.

Anyway, I told my friend that hacking the WII is harder then programming a space shuttle. However, it seems to be, that I am getting confused
by all the divergent tutorials from different times over the years.

With that said, thanks so much, I really appreciated it.

One last question. Can I just install new versions of WiiFlow, USB Loader Dx, and so on, and be done with it. Or, are the newer versions using different IOS and perhaps the older cIOS might mess with it.
Anyway, the problem is, I have no idea how this all works underneath the hood. Like can I just leave it as is, and these custom IOS will just float unused? Anyway...humbled by WII soft modding.

Last edited by Justin Young,

Wiiiiiiiiii

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I have a 4.3 Wii that I just softmodded. I used one of HighTeckMan's guides if that helps. My software was a little old after that (version 1 of USB Loader GX) so I just upgraded to v3 by replacing the boot.dol. I also installed d2x-cios. My usb stick was working up until that point (it was being read most of the times by the Wii) but most of the games weren't working. After I did this, the games started working for a couple of days but now the Wii doesn't even recognise the USB drive anymore... :wacko:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I have a 4.3 Wii that I just softmodded. I used one of HighTeckMan's guides if that helps. My software was a little old after that (version 1 of USB Loader GX) so I just upgraded to v3 by replacing the boot.dol. I also installed d2x-cios. My usb stick was working up until that point (it was being read most of the times by the Wii) but most of the games weren't working. After I did this, the games started working for a couple of days but now the Wii doesn't even recognise the USB drive anymore... :wacko:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone.
Update 249 (base 56) and 250 (base 57) as well, Then delete all the USB GX files (I believe it creates a folder in the root directory as well) and download a completely fresh copy from ModMii.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way I can sell my softmodded wii online?
ebay and craigslist....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey,

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate the advice.

I am assuming you mean that I should install each IOS that was overwritten by a custom mod. For instance some of the mods that were installed on my
system were, cIOS36, cIOS70, cIOS90 and so on, so I guess I have to reinstall ISO36, IOS70 and so on.

As for using WiiFlashToolz, I downloaded it and will be looking into that option. I couldn't find a lot of documentation, and I am a little worried
about bricking my system, because I am a little unsure about what is going on. I take it, that when the key is appended to the dump, this somehow
passes the verification process from BootMii or something?

Honestly, I have an extremely important job to do at the moment, and I thought to myself, I will quickly mod my WII for fun, and figured to have
it done in a few hours. I installed from the hip, and when I use a script thing, I never know what is going on under the hood, and now I am left
in the dark, with a system I am not pleased with. Unfortunately, my nature is one, that I will tinker with this until I have it fixed, and that means
getting to the heart and nuts of how the WII is really hacked, and that would be a fun project, if I had the time right now.

Anyway, I told my friend that hacking the WII is harder then programming a space shuttle. However, it seems to be, that I am getting confused
by all the divergent tutorials from different times over the years.

With that said, thanks so much, I really appreciated it.

One last question. Can I just install new versions of WiiFlow, USB Loader Dx, and so on, and be done with it. Or, are the newer versions using different IOS and perhaps the older cIOS might mess with it.
Anyway, the problem is, I have no idea how this all works underneath the hood. Like can I just leave it as is, and these custom IOS will just float unused? Anyway...humbled by WII soft modding.

There is no need to change that mod, nothing is wrong with it. All you really need to do is update your apps at this point, which from the wiihacks site should have the latest in the app pack you download and install.

lallilulelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi guys, I recently bought an EU region wii. However, as I live in Argentina, on every TV I try it on will just give me black and white. I've read that this is a common problem, and I tried everything, tv settings, cables, forcing ntsc, however there is one thing left for me to try.
I want to use the Any Region changer or similar to change the video settings to Ntsc, however I heard it has sone really high chances of bricking your wii. I want to know if someone can say it works and if there is a complete guide on how to do it, avoiding bricking (I am really new to al this wii hacking stuff, I only did some stuff on the 3ds but this is much more complex).

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
any gamecube loading using WiiFlow or Nintendont gives me a DSI exception error.

Loading Nintendont gives me DSi error and messing with DIOS MIOS gives me back screen. All I want to do is play Mario party 5 with my best friend D:

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any gamecube loading using WiiFlow or Nintendont gives me a DSI exception error.

Loading Nintendont gives me DSi error and messing with DIOS MIOS gives me back screen. All I want to do is play Mario party 5 with my best friend D:

Post a current SysCheck? Make sure, especially for Nintendont, that you don't have a custom HBC theme installed.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY