Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

CyborgGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've finally managed to get Dios Mios to work, the issue now is the speed of my usb drive.
It's pretty old with only 2GB and terrible read speed which really effects the games, so before I go out and buy a new one what kind of speed does the usb drive need to play Gamecube games perfectly?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any usb external drives speeds are fine, your next step is to hopefully get a drive that is compatible, and has a no sleep option.
I use Verbatim, and Seagate drives. any size will do.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Anon10W1z'] and @[member='ddetkowski'], thanks m8s. I will try later today and post results as you suggested.

That said, I'm annoyed that I can't install the 'so called' latest version of Modmii i.e. v7 (and this is from the Modmii website). The reason I used letterbomb was that it wasn't included in the version I used (6.1.5), as a 4.3 hack but I have seen screen shots where it is included in the hack menu in the latest version.

Also, the version of the ios236 installer (v5), that came with the Modmii bundle didn't work and I had to use the one I used when I hacked the console previously which, as it turned out was newer! (v7). I'm thinking that maybe the Modmii CIOS wads didn't install because they were older too.

I don't know, I really am a n00b. :)
v7? That was from an April fools joke!

cerebr_al

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry @[member='Anon10W1z'], that was V6.

So the update to my problem is. I re-hacked my 4.3e Wii and installed Bootmii at Boot2, made another NAND backup, re-patched IOS236 (intaller v6) and Installed Priiloader.

No problems so far.

Via Modmii, I downloaded a bunch of wads. I then used MMM to install them as per the wizard.

All the channel wads installed no problem.

All the IOS wads - IOS9-64-v10-34 through to IOS61-64-v5662, installed no problems.

All the IOS wads - IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]) through to IOS80v16174(IOSv6174[FS-NP-VP-DIP), failed to install - even after several attempts.

All the CIOS wads cIOS202[60]-v5.1R through to cIOS250[57]-d2x-v8-final also failed to install.

Finally, the loader wad - USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v11b-IDCL failed to install as well.

16 files altogether failed to install.

Now, I also have a cIOS 'X' Rev 19 installer but my controller disconnects from the wii after pressing A the first time (I used this previously with no problems).

I also have a d2x custom installer (v7), but am unsure about using it because when you choose the IOS to install it also asks you to select a base and I have no idea re that.

Help!!

BTW I used Hackmii 1.0 as the source for the boot.dol. Could that be the cause of the problem?

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry @[member='Anon10W1z'], that was V6.

So the update to my problem is. I re-hacked my 4.3e Wii and installed Bootmii at Boot2, made another NAND backup, re-patched IOS236 (intaller v6) and Installed Priiloader.

No problems so far.

Via Modmii, I downloaded a bunch of wads. I then used MMM to install them as per the wizard.

All the channel wads installed no problem.

All the IOS wads - IOS9-64-v10-34 through to IOS61-64-v5662, installed no problems.

All the IOS wads - IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]) through to IOS80v16174(IOSv6174[FS-NP-VP-DIP), failed to install - even after several attempts.

All the CIOS wads cIOS202[60]-v5.1R through to cIOS250[57]-d2x-v8-final also failed to install.

Finally, the loader wad - USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v11b-IDCL failed to install as well.

16 files altogether failed to install.

Now, I also have a cIOS 'X' Rev 19 installer but my controller disconnects from the wii after pressing A the first time (I used this previously with no problems).

I also have a d2x custom installer (v7), but am unsure about using it because when you choose the IOS to install it also asks you to select a base and I have no idea re that.

Help!!

BTW I used Hackmii 1.0 as the source for the boot.dol. Could that be the cause of the problem?
You don't seem to have a patched IOS36, why not try to use IOS236 Installer? It comes from ModMii.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hi
Is there anyway of using a 64gb sd card on my wii,i would like to store games on it and then play through the homebrew channel using a usb loader...
The Wii only works with 2GB SD Cards. I'd get an External HDD if I were you. They're better suited for USB Loaders.
Actually, you MIGHT be able to use your 64gb card for some things. If it works it will just take some preparation.
FIRST, SD cards that are 64gb and up will probably use an exFAT file system where the Wii can only read FAT32 so you will have to reformat it with something like this http://www.ridgecrop...k/guiformat.exe since Windows won't format FAT32 for anything over 32gb by itself.

They SD menu on the Wii System Menu might not see the card very well (System Menu v4.0 and up say their limit is 32gb) but some homebrew should be able to work well with it. Throw put a couple of apps on it and test it with the Homebrew Channel just to be sure. Feel free to report back any problems, too.

cerebr_al

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='Anon10W1z'], I tried the IOS236 installer that came with Modmii but it didn't work on my console (i.e. refused to load). Like I said above, the version that comes with Modmii is v5 but the version I've got is v6 and that works.

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
Is there anyway of using a 64gb sd card on my wii,i would like to store games on it and then play through the homebrew channel using a usb loader...
The Wii only works with 2GB SD Cards. I'd get an External HDD if I were you. They're better suited for USB Loaders.
Actually, you MIGHT be able to use your 64gb card for some things. If it works it will just take some preparation.
FIRST, SD cards that are 64gb and up will probably use an exFAT file system where the Wii can only read FAT32 so you will have to reformat it with something like this http://www.ridgecrop...k/guiformat.exe since Windows won't format FAT32 for anything over 32gb by itself.

They SD menu on the Wii System Menu might not see the card very well (System Menu v4.0 and up say their limit is 32gb) but some homebrew should be able to work well with it. Throw put a couple of apps on it and test it with the Homebrew Channel just to be sure. Feel free to report back any problems, too.

Wow ,it actually worked,in fact it works 100% so far , my wii now recognizes my 64gb sd card.
Configurable usb loader,wii2600,wii64 and fceugx emulators all load and work without a problem from the Homebrew channel.

I have tried it on 2 different wii's,one is v4.3 and the other is v3.3 ,both work.

I will have to get my kids to road test it now to make sure everything runs smoothly.....thanks for this.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Wow ,it actually worked,in fact it works 100% so far , my wii now recognizes my 64gb sd card.
Configurable usb loader,wii2600,wii64 and fceugx emulators all load and work without a problem from the Homebrew channel.

I have tried it on 2 different wii's,one is v4.3 and the other is v3.3 ,both work.

I will have to get my kids to road test it now to make sure everything runs smoothly.....thanks for this.
Thank YOU, actually, for reporting back. There's always people wanting proof that a SDXC card actually works on a Wii before going out and buying one (Which is understandable) but it's hard to find anyone who actually has one just laying around to try. Technically speaking, it's obvious it would work but some people just have their doubts. I hope you don't mind me quoting your post every once and a while to reassure somebody somebody who's hesitant to get one for themselves.

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank YOU, actually, for reporting back. There's always people wanting proof that a SDXC card actually works on a Wii before going out and buying one (Which is understandable) but it's hard to find anyone who actually has one just laying around to try. Technically speaking, it's obvious it would work but some people just have their doubts. I hope you don't mind me quoting your post every once and a while to reassure somebody somebody who's hesitant to get one for themselves.

You may quote me ,no problems.
I recently bought the sd card for our camera,so I was lucky to have one around.
The sd card I am using in the wii is a Topram 64gb sdxc card,they are around $38 on ebay..

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

hahaha what??? are you stupid? Really how stupid are you.

Reactions: 1 person

bobea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After much reading and thinking i could do it on my own i find my self here in the noob forum.

What is the fastest USBloader that works for RawkSD, and how fast is it? I have read anywhere from 3 min to 25 min to load.
Is it possible to run 2 instances of RockBand 2 with each their own DLC folder from the same loader?
Can RawkSD 3 be run with out the expiry date now? Is there indication that the work is progressing or is it stopped 100%?

The Idea is i want all the songs from my detail discs (including GH ones) to all load from the same Rock Band 2.

bobea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks i already have a class 10 x133 card...has little to do with what i asked but could improve loading (if i ever get to that point)

cerebr_al

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='Anon10W1z'], Yes MMM does load and I have installed all but 16 of the wads that came with the Modmii download (as stated above), with it.

VSigma100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

How about I ask a question now. How ignorant are you? Did you even consider whether I was new to this or not?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

How about I ask a question now. How ignorant are you? Did you even consider whether I was new to this or not?

It doesn't matter how new or old you are at this. You shouldn't state misinforming facts that you dont know are true or not. Guess this is the "noob paradise"

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone