Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
So I have looked nearly everywhere and this seems like the best place to post this so here goes...

I understand Dios Mios has recently been released and I was really excited for it but I have had little success finding a guide actually showing and/or telling me what it is I have to do. From what I can recall I and running 4.3U Wii-wise and the real kicker: I am a Mac user. If anyone can give me a noob tutorial on crediar's creation you will receive much gratitude.
There's a guide here
http://gbatemp.net/topic/318585-how-to-createuse-dios-mios-lite/
as far as the Mac issue, if you were already using Dios Mios Lite then you would just move your /games/ folder to your hard drive since the programs used in the guide are windows ones I think.
If you have the GC disks for the games you want somewhere where you can get at them, some of the different loader programs will let you rip the games in the right format right to the hard drive.
I think it will also work if you rename your disk images to exactly "game.iso" and put them in a folder (with any name) inside the /games/ folder on your hard drive so you wouldn't even have to convert them. otherwise I think the guide should be good enough by itself.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hello I would like some help.
I downloaded and installed the new dios mio lite today and the install went fine.
I have tried two games so far Super Robot Taisen-J which didn't work (Although I've never been able to get it to work anyway)
and Sonic Adventure 2 -Pal which works fine but the gamecube controller stops responding as soon as it loads making it unplayable.

Can anyone help me with this?
I know of at least two other people that have complained about that same issue. They both say that of the collection of games they have, only Luigi's Mansion lets them use the controls. There's evidence that that issue might be fixed in the next release of Dios Mios but I'm not sure what the exact issue might be.

CyborgGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I would like some help.
I downloaded and installed the new dios mio lite today and the install went fine.
I have tried two games so far Super Robot Taisen-J which didn't work (Although I've never been able to get it to work anyway)
and Sonic Adventure 2 -Pal which works fine but the gamecube controller stops responding as soon as it loads making it unplayable.

Can anyone help me with this?
I know of at least two other people that have complained about that same issue. They both say that of the collection of games they have, only Luigi's Mansion lets them use the controls. There's evidence that that issue might be fixed in the next release of Dios Mios but I'm not sure what the exact issue might be.
I have Luigi's Mansion so I'll copy it to my hard drive and give it a go.
I guess I'll just have to wait untill the next update to play anything else.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
You could also try any other games you have just in case. I'm not sure if Luigi's Mansion is really the ONLY one that worked or if those two other's just happened to have all incompatible games EXCEPT Luigi's Mansion.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As this is the noob thread, I'm going to ask here.

Can I use dios mios on a virtual nand and if so how?, I've never used a virtual nand before. Reason being, I still play from discs sometimes and if I don't have a compatible usb device plugged in, dios mios just blackscreens rather than running the disc from disc channel. So I'd like to virtual nand it, so when I want to play from usb, run from there, when I just want to play discs, use real nand.

Possible?

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As this is the noob thread, I'm going to ask here.

Can I use dios mios on a virtual nand and if so how?, I've never used a virtual nand before. Reason being, I still play from discs sometimes and if I don't have a compatible usb device plugged in, dios mios just blackscreens rather than running the disc from disc channel. So I'd like to virtual nand it, so when I want to play from usb, run from there, when I just want to play discs, use real nand.

Possible?
Yes, at the Dios Mios google code page, copy the neek files to your SD card for SNEEK, USB drive for UNEEK. Launch neek and launch the GC games via the game menu (press 1)

cerebr_al

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please let me know if this post doesn't belong here. I've only done so because it is inherently n00bish. ;)

I have (err had), a softmodded 4.1e wii with bootmii in boot2. Today, I come home from work and my wife tells me the kids clicked "OK" to a update to 4.3 message on the console. Apparently my wife just walked in the room as they clicked OK and in panic, she switched the console off at the wall seconds later.

I turn the console on now and check the firmware and yep it says 4.3e. A few things though:

- Bootmii is still active but won't restore the backed up .bin - first gave a message it couldn't do it and now it just flicks straight back to the bootmii menu.
- Homebrew channel is still there (seems to be at least), but I can't update it. Needless to say Wiiflow no longer works.
- The disc channel still asks that the update be done when the culprit disc is inserted.

My questions are:

1. Why can't I restore my nand backup through bootmii - is it because the console is not softmodded any longer or is there a possibility the backup is corrupt?
2. Do I finish updating to 4.3 and then re-softmod or can I re-softmod the console as it is? (I guess I sorta know the answer to this question).

Any responses will be heartily appreciated!! :)

CyborgGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You could also try any other games you have just in case. I'm not sure if Luigi's Mansion is really the ONLY one that worked or if those two other's just happened to have all incompatible games EXCEPT Luigi's Mansion.
Just tried Luigi's Mansion and it works fine, I guess it's just a matter of finding games that work.
I'll report if any other games work to help the people with the same problem.

VSigma100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I plan on using my External HDD for USB Loader GX. It's already formatted to FAT32 and I was wondering, am I going to need to back up the stuff that I have on it already, and then partition it, or am I fine with keeping what I have on it untouched?

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
Is there anyway of using a 64gb sd card on my wii,i would like to store games on it and then play through the homebrew channel using a usb loader...

VSigma100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
Is there anyway of using a 64gb sd card on my wii,i would like to store games on it and then play through the homebrew channel using a usb loader...
The Wii only works with 2GB SD Cards. I'd get an External HDD if I were you. They're better suited for USB Loaders.

cerebr_al

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please let me know if this post doesn't belong here. I've only done so because it is inherently n00bish. ;)

I have (err had), a softmodded 4.1e wii with bootmii in boot2. Today, I come home from work and my wife tells me the kids clicked "OK" to a update to 4.3 message on the console. Apparently my wife just walked in the room as they clicked OK and in panic, she switched the console off at the wall seconds later.

I turn the console on now and check the firmware and yep it says 4.3e. A few things though:

- Bootmii is still active but won't restore the backed up .bin - first gave a message it couldn't do it and now it just flicks straight back to the bootmii menu.
- Homebrew channel is still there (seems to be at least), but I can't update it. Needless to say Wiiflow no longer works.
- The disc channel still asks that the update be done when the culprit disc is inserted.

My questions are:

1. Why can't I restore my nand backup through bootmii - is it because the console is not softmodded any longer or is there a possibility the backup is corrupt?
2. Do I finish updating to 4.3 and then re-softmod or can I re-softmod the console as it is? (I guess I sorta know the answer to this question).

Any responses will be heartily appreciated!! :)
i would go with 2 :) but this time make sure you have priiloader installed and use the hacks to block online and disc updates:)

OK, so I went with 2 and fully updated and I re-hacked with letterbomb - no problems.

Then, I thought I would use Modmii as a quick way to re-install everything.

Everything went smoothly up until installing the wads. There was a long list to install and out of that list 16 refused to install. Modmii page said that might happen and to just re-try - I did but nothing.

most were the CIOS wads and there was also their usb-loader forwarder.

Now I had a prefectly working wiiflow loader and a forwarder before. I can still see the forwarder but it doesn't work. I tried uninstalling the forwarder with MMM but that didn't work either.

So I'm now stuck. I can't install the wads I apparently need and I can't uninstall the ones that were there before the console was accidentally updated from the disc.

Any suggestions (as usual), would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. :)

cerebr_al

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='Anon10W1z'] and @ddetkowski, thanks m8s. I will try later today and post results as you suggested.

That said, I'm annoyed that I can't install the 'so called' latest version of Modmii i.e. v7 (and this is from the Modmii website). The reason I used letterbomb was that it wasn't included in the version I used (6.1.5), as a 4.3 hack but I have seen screen shots where it is included in the hack menu in the latest version.

Also, the version of the ios236 installer (v5), that came with the Modmii bundle didn't work and I had to use the one I used when I hacked the console previously which, as it turned out was newer! (v7). I'm thinking that maybe the Modmii CIOS wads didn't install because they were older too.

I don't know, I really am a n00b. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    no I dont torrent
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A type of fish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna do my homework
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    see ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man steams only downloading 15mbps
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, wdym thats quite fast
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Just upgraded to 1Gbps Internet, it was cheaper than the other company by a few bucks lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 15mbps is fast
    Ken do I mention that I had 500Mbps and upgraded to 1Gbps and it is only 40 dollars a month?
    But honestly next month will likely be 10 bucks a month.... Dude called his boss and pretty much got a job out of the deal making like 30 bucks an hour.
    They get a 30 dollar discount being an employee lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, how much do you earn
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    After taxes enough for one meth pipe
    +1
    About 4K a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, that'll probably double within a year att?
    Well 4K then bonus and stuff lol
    Ken no I will be working for Satan.... Spectrum AKA Comcast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should call att just to see how they can beg me to come back
    +1
    But 10 bucks a month for phone and 1Gbps internet and make like 4K+ a month... I will work for the devil lol
    With that kind of money might get a Pi5 and an Orange Pi lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm hanging up on you if you call me about my bill
    +1
    lol Ken I will be going door to door in Florida fighting off meth addicts lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Att still wants 80 a month
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att still wants 80 a month