JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
just go in the bootmii folder and you should see the armboot file compress it in a rar file and if you want call it. EXTRACT WHEN YOUR WIIS BRICKED (lol) and done
Quit giving her different directions than me, lol. I keep trying to give her instructions for hacking her Wii and now setting up Bootmii Configuration Editor, but I just realized why she would take a random left turn every once in awhile. She is following two different sets of instructions. :rofl2:

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just go in the bootmii folder and you should see the armboot file compress it in a rar file and if you want call it. EXTRACT WHEN YOUR WIIS BRICKED (lol) and done
Quit giving her different directions than me, lol. I keep trying to give her instructions for hacking her Wii and now setting up Bootmii Configuration Editor, but I just realized why she would take a random left turn every once in awhile. She is following two different sets of instructions. :rofl2:

HAHA yep, reading two different things here, both sound good though LOL

ok i'll stop

You have been incredibly helpful you dont have to stop I appreciate your advice

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

ok i'll stop

Well then I will stop. I say left, he says right. Both left and right lead to the same end, but you choose to go straight as a middle ground because you think it's going to be twice as good. You need to pick one path and stick with it.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ok i'll stop

Well then I will stop. I say left, he says right. Both left and right lead to the same end, but you choose to go straight as a middle ground because you think it's going to be twice as good. You need to pick one path and stick with it.

Im going with leaving things alone for now..just leaving the bootmii folder and renaming it as BCE, that way the Wii boots normally..as long as nothing bad can happen by doing it like that then its all good :-) everyone's advice has been extremely helpful..now on to the next task at hand, the external drive, do I let the Wii(USB loader program) format the drive for me or do I use the PC program(FAT 32 GUI formatter) to format the drive

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

ok i'll stop

Im going with leaving things alone for now..just leaving the bootmii folder and renaming it as BCE, that way the Wii boots normally..as long as nothing bad can happen by doing it like that then its all good :-) everyone's advice has been extremely helpful..now on to the next task at hand, the external drive, do I let the Wii(USB loader program) format the drive for me or do I use the PC program(FAT 32 GUI formatter) to format the drive
Either or, you can even leave it as NTFS if you want (as long as it is only being used for game backups). If it is already FAT32, then there is no need to format it (unless you are trying to set up UNEEK and it isn't working).

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ok i'll stop

Either or, you can even leave it as NTFS if you want (as long as it is only being used for game backups). If it is already FAT32, then there is no need to format it.

I was told before that FAT32 was the better format to go with..when I did the ModMii configs yesterday I put it as FAT32 because it was recommended..but I know that Wii ISO games are over 4gb so I downloaded that WiiBackup program on my PC, not sure how to use it yet but will start using it once I get some games for it..just dont want to format the drive on my PC then when I plug it into my Wii it will format again and will lose my stuff
So what I did with changing the bootmii folder to BCE in the meantime, its fine right..its what I did a year ago when I softmodded so if it worked then it should work now;-)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I was told before that FAT32 was the better format to go with..when I did the ModMii configs yesterday I put it as FAT32 because it was recommended..but I know that Wii ISO games are over 4gb so I downloaded that WiiBackup program on my PC, not sure how to use it yet but will start using it once I get some games for it..just dont want to format the drive on my PC then when I plug it into my Wii it will format again and will lose my stuff
So what I did with changing the bootmii folder to BCE in the meantime, its fine right..its what I did a year ago when I softmodded so if it worked then it should work now;-)
By me, and it's true. FAT32 works with everything, NTFS works with a few things.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By me, and it's true. FAT32 works with everything, NTFS works with a few things.

Yeah I figured FAT32 is the way to go..will format it on my PC and also have those two program files on it..when I get a game I will have to figure out how to put it on the external drive(Will cross that bridge when I get to it) but when I plug in the drive and open up the USB loader, it wont format the drive(Dont want to lose anything)..so just to confirm, since I am more concerned with this more than anything, its Ok that I changed the name of Bootmii to BCE and now the wii boots normally like it did before

fejity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've been trying to get downloaded games to work with WiiFlow since last week, but stumbled into some problems with that.

First of all some information:
  • Wii 4.2E is specified in the wii settings
  • Wii is softmodded and Home Brew Channel is the latest version, since it updated on last internet connect
I had two WiiFlow apps, one for IOS222 and one for IOS249 (if that makes any sense?)

None of them ran when pressing "start" in HBC, just blackscreen.

Did some googling and found out about Multi Mod Manager, this says the currently loaded IOS is IOS61,
and the only other IOSes that can be loaded are < 61, with exception 70 and 254 (the latter can't be loaded though, because then MMM gets stuck...)

So, since WiiFlow is for IOS version 222 or 249, I tried installing the new IOS'es:
http://www.wiihacks....html#post580025 (the "install all recommended cIOS pack" button)

So when I try to install these wad's through MMM, I get ticket 2011 for each of them.
From this link http://gbatemp.net/t.../page__st__4185 I seemed to understand that I need IOS 236 to install those other IOS versions, so went on with the instructions for installing IOS 236 (http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236), which installed succesfully.

HOWEVER:
installing the WAD pack through MMM would require me to load IOS 236 as the current IOS right? From the manual install over here http://gwht.wikidot.com/d2x (which is the sequel from the IOS 236 install) it says als "select IOS 236 as the IOS to use for the installation". Even though the installation of IOS 236 was succesful, I can NOT select/load IOS 236 through MMM neither in the list specified in the manual installer...

What is wrong, because it seems like I am on the right track here but something is still going wrong?!

Thanks in advance for people willing to help :)
Let me know if you need any more information!

Cheers,
fejity

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a definitive neek tutorial? I would like to try oneek, but still cannot quite figure out how to set it all up. I have read around and it seems too difficult to worry about it.

Ice God64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a pretty simple question. I modded my Wii a long time ago, years. What I want to do now is just completely clean it of all modding and restore it entirely back to factory default. That includes losing all cIOS's, and even losing my channels and save data. My guess is that formatting my Wii is not exactly the best idea, so what IS a good way to do this?

Hopefully, it will be simple enough too.

EDIT: It's a 3.2U console and was first modded a couple of years ago. The only thing it doesn't support to my knowledge is Bootmii.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
after restoring to default do u intend to modify it again? If so, skip the "cleaning" step and just use ModMii, it will get u to resoftmod ur wii overwriting an old softmods.

If u just want to remove everything, just do an official ninty update, if any custom channels survive the update just delete them through the data management page. There's no point trying to remove all traces that the wii was ever softmodded, it simply cannot be done (at least not yet). The next best thing is to remove any signs of softmodding to the average user, which is as simple as deleting any custom channels.

fejity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
after restoring to default do u intend to modify it again? If so, skip the "cleaning" step and just use ModMii, it will get u to resoftmod ur wii overwriting an old softmods.

If u just want to remove everything, just do an official ninty update, if any custom channels survive the update just delete them through the data management page. There's no point trying to remove all traces that the wii was ever softmodded, it simply cannot be done (at least not yet). The next best thing is to remove any signs of softmodding to the average user, which is as simple as deleting any custom channels.

Would this also be a possible solution to my problem (http://gbatemp.net/t...07#entry3984707) ?

Ice God64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
after restoring to default do u intend to modify it again? If so, skip the "cleaning" step and just use ModMii, it will get u to resoftmod ur wii overwriting an old softmods. If u just want to remove everything, just do an official ninty update, if any custom channels survive the update just delete them through the data management page. There's no point trying to remove all traces that the wii was ever softmodded, it simply cannot be done (at least not yet). The next best thing is to remove any signs of softmodding to the average user, which is as simple as deleting any custom channels.

Wow, I wish something that simple existed the first time I modded my Wii! Thanks a lot, everything works great!

fejity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@fejity, yes ModMii works for everyone. Please buy your games though, hearing u are "downloading" games and planning to use my program just pisses me off.

@Ice God64, glad to hear it :D

XFlak, no worries, I got tons of bought wii games :)
I'll try to resoftmod my wii then using ModMii and see if I can resolve my issues! thanx

keitaro0516

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone... i dont know why i keep looking elsewhere and always keep ending up on gba temp #1 community on helping the noobs of today ( pros of the future ) xP

the problem is... that i just hacked my wii 3.3U with this guide (whoops my bad should have read the rules first xP mb) of our friends on wiiso... i dont know anything about versions on wii... my question is do i have to update anything in any way? and if so plz help me/point me on the right direction to do it... thank u so much in advance

regards

KEi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.