Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I have a 3.4U Wii and Modmii installed on my PC. Since I bought the gold wiimote zelda bundle and im planing playing the retail disc. Can anyone tell me what my options are. Do I need to update to 4.3U? Also I tried the syscheck with Modmii and it gives me a guide to update to 4.1U, is it ok to follow that??? Thanks in advance!
4.1U will be fine as long as you follow ModMii to hack it.

I see, can I just install priiloader and disable system updates keeping 3.4U or is it better to just update to what Modmii recommends?
You could keep 3.4, but you wouldn't get the features and bug fixes of 4.1U, such as the ability to run channels from your SD card.
Ok, I updated to 4.1U and so far its working, My problem right now is that Gamecube back ups dont work or maybe im doing something wrong, I had a cMios installed (long ago) and wigator GC backup launcher 0.2. I dont know if cMios was uninstalled in the 4.1 update process and I need to install it again or something. I noticed that Gamecube backups now show in the disc channel as gamecube games but they dont work, restarts my wii...

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have a 3.4U Wii and Modmii installed on my PC. Since I bought the gold wiimote zelda bundle and im planing playing the retail disc. Can anyone tell me what my options are. Do I need to update to 4.3U? Also I tried the syscheck with Modmii and it gives me a guide to update to 4.1U, is it ok to follow that??? Thanks in advance!
4.1U will be fine as long as you follow ModMii to hack it.

I see, can I just install priiloader and disable system updates keeping 3.4U or is it better to just update to what Modmii recommends?
You could keep 3.4, but you wouldn't get the features and bug fixes of 4.1U, such as the ability to run channels from your SD card.
Ok, I updated to 4.1U and so far its working, My problem right now is that Gamecube back ups dont work or maybe im doing something wrong, I had a cMios installed (long ago) and wigator GC backup launcher 0.2. I dont know if cMios was uninstalled in the 4.1 update process and I need to install it again or something. I noticed that Gamecube backups now show in the disc channel as gamecube games but they dont work, restarts my wii...
Reinstall BC. It's available in ModMii.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok installed BC, still Gamecube backups dont work, retails do work. I installed BC usinf IOS 249 in wad manager, should I change that to another IOS?

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok installed BC, still Gamecube backups dont work, retails do work. I installed BC usinf IOS 249 in wad manager, should I change that to another IOS?
Try installing WiiGator cMIOS-v4 v0.2. You can use 249 to install it, that's not an issue.

Ok that did the trick, thank you soooooo much for the help!!!

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
I have another question. Ok I know little about channel forwarders, I have wiiflow 2.1 in HB channel and would like to know if I can install a wiiflow forwarder and make it use that same wiiflow 2.1 I already have? Thanks in advance!

Spansh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there guys.
So my noob question is about the installation of ios's, everywhere i look people just confuse me as to how exactly they are supposed to be installed. for example, with the LoZSS "fix" am i just supposed to install the wad file for ios249, or do i install them all? and do i have to install each wad in their respective ios's? (ios247 fix wad in ios247, or in ios 249?)

I also cant get anything to freaking work right. neogamma reads my SD card (only loader that even bothers to check for my SD, apparently) but when the game is supposed to launch, i get the "error has occurred" screen suggesting i reset the wii and consult the manual. for usb loader and wiiflow, the loaders wont even try to look for the SD, and just go "what? no usb? pffft"
Finally i used configurable usb loader, which supposedly uses SD as an option.... only for it to tell me something like "warning: partition: blah blah" saying it cant be used because its not WBFS...except that it is... infact, i wasted a whole freaking 8 gig sd card converting it to WBFS to AVOID these types of errors. thats real fun considering i just found out that config usb loader apparently supports normal file types. In addition to that, when i attempt to launch the config usb loader channel, it goes black for a moment, then returns me to the wii menu.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't kept up with the Wii hacking scene for probably over a year now, but I plan on buying Skyward Sword soon. Is there anything I should know to keep my Wii hacks going? I was thinking of just blocking the updates, but I realize that there are probably some files needed to play to game properly (especially for a first time motion plus user). I think I am not a modified version of 4.2.

Are there just some WAD files I need to find, or am I okay updating?

Facas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
seguinte vcs n vao entender poha nenhuma dessa primeira frase por que ela esta em portugues.
sorry about that i am a brazilian. anyway.

i dont know more what i do in my wii.
is 4.3 have the last version of homebrew, have a lastest version of cfg usb loader, usb loader gx, uloader, wiiflow.
i have d2x cios [247-250] i use v6 and v7 , hermes 222 223 v4 202 224v5.1 rodries but i try other versions too.

my problem is.
First: the hermes cios dont works always stop fast in begin of games sometimes i can enter in games but stop too.

Second: kirby return to dreamland, samurai warriors, mario and sonic at olympic winter games [in this is just in curling game], the cios d2x stop in all them i try 247 248 249 250 in alternatives bases.

Third: movies dont work i use 202[60] and try 202[57] v5.1 rodries and try v4 v5 v5.1. i think is because the first partition is wbfs and the movies in a ntfs partition dont read good.

ah and yes i have format my external hd, i try take again the games and try use wbfs / ntfs / fat32. But the result is always the same. and i read all and get inform of a lot of thinks but i dont no more what i do.

Spansh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I undo the LetterBomb exploit, and go back to vanilla?
Dont try this without confirming it (go to the ask section, if you must, they are fast about helping there), but i believe you can simply format your wii from the wii menu (thats to say, you CAN format your wii, i just dont know if you can format it while running hacks). You should look up to see if formatting is safe while using homebrew.

Oh yea, the formatting option can be found in the options (the wii logo on the bottom left of home screen) -> settings -> page 3, right at the bottom.

Fevy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Luxembourg
I haven't kept up with the Wii hacking scene for probably over a year now, but I plan on buying Skyward Sword soon. Is there anything I should know to keep my Wii hacks going? I was thinking of just blocking the updates, but I realize that there are probably some files needed to play to game properly (especially for a first time motion plus user). I think I am not a modified version of 4.2.

Are there just some WAD files I need to find, or am I okay updating?

Well, I had the same issue.
I downloaded ModMii, but I first did a sysCheck on my Wii (you can download the WAD from ModMii), imported it on ModMii, and it told me exactly what I needed to download.
It's pretty easy from there on. Just launch the WADs you downloaded from ModMii, and you'll be good to go.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT: dumb mobile site and not taking me to the last page when I think it does. Makes me answer questions that have already been answered.

EDIT 2:
@JustApollo and Spansh: While formatting will work on a hacked wii, it won't get rid of all your modifications. I don't believe it touches any IOSs or the system menu, so things such as priiloader and bootmii and cIOSs won't be removed, but any channels you had will be, this will also delete all your legit stuff to, like saves and things downloaded from the wii shop.

Instead, if you want to remove stuff, I would start by using something like MMM to remove any IOS above 200. Then uninstall any channels you installed using WADs, and remove the homebrew channel (just through data management. You could use AnyTitleDeleter, but that could get really dangerous if you don know what you are doing). Next turn on your wii while holding the reset button. If priiloader comes up then go to system menu hacks and make sure they are all disabled. Next go to the wii menu, then to the system settings, and install a wii update. Finally, remove all the homebrew stuff on your SD card.

That's about it, that is as close to clean as you will get (well, you can get rid of more, but then you run a higher risk of bricking your wii).

skallah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too am prepping my Wii for the onslaught of holiday games.

I followed this thread to run DOP-Mii/syscheck to see what is required for the next update.

The checks start with checking my IOS'. It goes through to IOS56 successfully but then freezes. I've tried other syscheck utilities and believe it is freezing on IOS55. After I did a little searching around it would seem that I need to reinstall IOS55. Is this correct?

Is there anything that can point me to re-installing this? Am I even using the correct terminology for this problem?

Rokubato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hello everyone.. I really need your help
my brother updated my WII by mistake and now all the Homebrew channel changed into weather channel and the backup loader won't work..
my wii was set on japanese via homebrew channel.. and now I can't do anything.
I want to be able to run backups again.

My wii is now in Japanese (I can read most of it) and i think it got the latest update, assuming that once you update your wii it gets all the updates it can.
Where do I start? ):

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Huge crts on both eye lids