Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

caboyzcoti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like an idiot even asking this cause ive been searching for so long but im tired at almost 10 hours adjusting my wii lol so i just cleaned up my original softmod a bit and i just want to be able to use a usb for my wii backups and the disk drive for my gc backups. I have wii usb backups working so far through my ntfs 120gb hd so im good with that but now gc backups arent working with neogamma anymore. i used modmii and dont remember the mios that it installed but i would really appreciate any help to get gc backups working through neogamma as well as usb wii backups. I didnt think that this was something that i would have to patch each time i decided on gc or wii but if it is im happy with that too and can restart that process when i get there. thanks in advance.

kingtai927

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
!Help!
I try to play rune factory tides of destiny on wii but i get black screen IOS 249
Im using CFG Loader
Please reply if you know whats wrong!!
Size=2.22 GB
Got it from my cousin

operat0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
automatic network based patches ?

I have been out of the loop for a while. I just wondered other then manually downloading patches if there is a magical all in one app for HBC that can just apply all the common patches for me ?

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like an idiot even asking this cause ive been searching for so long but im tired at almost 10 hours adjusting my wii lol so i just cleaned up my original softmod a bit and i just want to be able to use a usb for my wii backups and the disk drive for my gc backups. I have wii usb backups working so far through my ntfs 120gb hd so im good with that but now gc backups arent working with neogamma anymore. i used modmii and dont remember the mios that it installed but i would really appreciate any help to get gc backups working through neogamma as well as usb wii backups. I didnt think that this was something that i would have to patch each time i decided on gc or wii but if it is im happy with that too and can restart that process when i get there. thanks in advance.
Just make sure you're using a modded MIOS. You can get a wad from ModMii if you need to or use WiiGator's cMIOS installer, but once it's installed, you should be good to go without worrying about it again.

automatic network based patches ?

I have been out of the loop for a while. I just wondered other then manually downloading patches if there is a magical all in one app for HBC that can just apply all the common patches for me ?
You can use ModMii to scan a syscheck of your wii and it will automatically download a bunch of wads you can install to bring your wii up-to-date. There's also pimp my wii which will, supposedly, install anything you're missing directly to your wii, but I haven't used it before.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's also pimp my wii which will, supposedly, install anything you're missing directly to your wii, but I haven't used it before.
There is a reason many call it brick my wii, and I strongly recommend not messing with it. Just use ModMii to remod it, it really can't get much easier

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a reason many call it brick my wii, and I strongly recommend not messing with it. Just use ModMii to remod it, it really can't get much easier

Ah, ok. I thought I'd heard it wasn't recommended, but I'd seen lots of people using and recommending it so I thought I'd mention it, but now I know better :lol:

Mr.kuchinawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, thought I try to post this here, hope it's not in the wrong section:
I haven't used my wii in ages, so I can't remember anything really useful regarding this, anyway:

I tried to boot a backup of punch-out for Wii via the lastest Gecko loader. It says I need IOS53. How do I install it? I have firmware 3.2E.
Any help would be appreciated.

eldealero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stupidly accepted the 4.3 upgrade from Nintendo. Went through all the steps on the SoftMOD any Wii. guide from this site. I also attempted to downgrade to 4.1, which didn't work. On HBC, each time I try to install WADs, RawkSD, CIOSREV20v, and WADmanager start to work, but then the Wiimote loses functionality. When I try to load a file on the HBC page, it takes me to the loading page. I get to the part where it says "hit A to continue, or B to return to the Home menu, but the Wiimote does not work. I also tried to use the power and reset buttons, but those didn't work either. Are there any work-arounds, or other solutions I can try? Or is 4.3 just not able to run HBC the way it should?

I searched the forums for an answer to this issue but didn't find one. I apologize if my question is redundant. Thanks for any help!

stardust2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
after i soft modded my wii it was working good, the pack i downloaded had something called 'MyMenuity' and i chose a dark theme. Now everytime i try to click wii settings i get a black screen, and i cant connect to the wifi settings and all. I have a NAND backup and tried going through bootmii to restore it, but it says
"checking boot2...
bootmii not found, too dangerous to continue!! If your SD card is corrupt or restore is interrupted, you will be unable to boot to fix it. If you are
SURE you want to do this, KONAMI.
Otherwise, press Z to give up."

and then when u attempt to press any button it says,
"Try harder Hashimoto-san!
Im pretty new at this and im pretty upset that i screwed my wii :( Can anyone with experience help me with this?

frigid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've been searching long and hard for this answer, and I'm really about to pull my hair out.

I was away for a few days and came home to find that the internet on our Wii no longer works, and thus we cannot connect to Netflix or the likes. I've no idea what to even try to get this fixed. The internet in general works, because I'm on it now. Edit: Rather, I'm on my computer on the internet.

I used the BATHAXX exploit, and I have HBC installed, and bootMii as an IOS or whatever it was. I'm on 4.3U.

When I attempt to do the NAND backup, thinking that perhaps my younger sister messed with something (though I'm not sure what), I get the same error as the user above. I believe this is because I don't have boot2 installed due to the fact that I have a newer console, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was tempted to completely reset to factory conditions, just because it is frustrating me to no end although I am aware others strongly advise against it.

Any advice or ideas would be appreciated greatly!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
after i soft modded my wii it was working good, the pack i downloaded had something called 'MyMenuity' and i chose a dark theme. Now everytime i try to click wii settings i get a black screen, and i cant connect to the wifi settings and all. I have a NAND backup and tried going through bootmii to restore it, but it says
"checking boot2...
bootmii not found, too dangerous to continue!! If your SD card is corrupt or restore is interrupted, you will be unable to boot to fix it. If you are

Im pretty new at this and im pretty upset that i screwed my wii :( Can anyone with experience help me with this?
No need to mess with a nand backup. What System Menu do you have, including the region (4.1U for example)?
Alright, I've been searching long and hard for this answer, and I'm really about to pull my hair out.

I was away for a few days and came home to find that the internet on our Wii no longer works, and thus we cannot connect to Netflix or the likes. I've no idea what to even try to get this fixed. The internet in general works, because I'm on it now. Edit: Rather, I'm on my computer on the internet.

I used the BATHAXX exploit, and I have HBC installed, and bootMii as an IOS or whatever it was. I'm on 4.3U.

When I attempt to do the NAND backup, thinking that perhaps my younger sister messed with something (though I'm not sure what), I get the same error as the user above. I believe this is because I don't have boot2 installed due to the fact that I have a newer console, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was tempted to completely reset to factory conditions, just because it is frustrating me to no end although I am aware others strongly advise against it.

Any advice or ideas would be appreciated greatly!
It has nothing to do with boot2. Please be more specific about the error.
How do I install IOS 53 on a 3.2E system?
Download the wad from ModMii and install it with a wad manager.

stardust2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"checking boot2...

No need to mess with a nand backup. What System Menu do you have, including the region (4.1U for example)?

I have 4.1U...i downgraded from 4.3u, i followed a tutorial on youtube to do the whole soft-mod (MicrowaveSam)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
"checking boot2...

I have 4.1U...i downgraded from 4.3u, i followed a tutorial on youtube to do the whole soft-mod (MicrowaveSam)
Use ModMii to download both 7b.app and MyMenuify Mod (from the System Menu Themes page) and install the app file with MyMenuify Mod.

stardust2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"checking boot2...

Use ModMii to download both 7b.app and MyMenuify Mod (from the System Menu Themes page) and install the app file with MyMenuify Mod.
ok im kinda new at this so where do i find modmii. I dont have the internet set up for i changed the password on my reuter and now cant access wii settings as mentioned earlier. Is it possible for a step by step guide or something? Like i have no clue what 7b is...

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok im kinda new at this so where do i find modmii. I dont have the internet set up for i changed the password on my reuter and now cant access wii settings as mentioned earlier. Is it possible for a step by step guide or something? Like i have no clue what 7b is...
ModMii is an app for your computer (assuming you are running windows), and it is in the stickied topics. Just download it and start it up, from there it should be fairly straight forward, go to the system menu themes section from the main menu, and download the 2 files Joostin said to.

Add MyMenuify mod to your sd card, like any other homebrew app, and put the .app file in a folder called modthemes on the root of your sd.

Start up MyMenuify with the homebrew channel, and install the .app

EDIT: oops, didn't realise Joostin had already replied to that...

Mr.kuchinawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok, since I can't find any cohecent info on this:

Is there any burning-speed that is considered better than others for backups? I use verbatim dvd r-. I wanna damage my lens as little as posslbe..

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Download the wad from ModMii and install it with a wad manager.

So it's perfectly safe to install the IOS53.WAD on a 3.2E system just like that? I just wanna make sure..
System menu 3.2 runs on IOS 30, so yes, installing IOS 53 is perfectly safe, and you will not get a brick.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol