JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since nobody seems to be answering me on my thread I might as well ask here
smile.gif

Here's the situation, I just installed UNEEK+DI and everything is working fine, but I want to install the Homebrew Channel. I have HBC 1.0.7 installed on my real nand and I'm following this guide :http://gbatemp.net/t218725-sneek-di-quick-guide I have wad creator working on my wii and when I try to create any wad (IOS, Channel, ect) it says Mounting Device... OK Reading TMD... error ret-1017 or something like that... So I have no idea how to fix this. My other thought was to do Smash Stack, since I have SSBB, the problem is when I convert my SSBB iso using WiiJManager it shows up in the sneek menu but when I select it the disk channel says Please insert a disk. Is this a bad dump or does sneek not support DL games?
Final question: some of my games show up in the sneek menu with weird names, is it possible to change the name of a sneek format game?

Phazon13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, I'm from europe and I'm going to the usa. If I buy an ntsc gamecube game can I play it on a pal Wii with any sort of loader or something???

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Phazon13 said:
I have a question, I'm from europe and I'm going to the usa. If I buy an ntsc gamecube game can I play it on a pal Wii with any sort of loader or something???
Just use NeoGamma R9 and force the video mode to PAL.

Phazon13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
Phazon13 said:
Just use NeoGamma R9 and force the video mode to PAL.

Ok thanks for letting me know. Going to look if I can find some gc classics there:P

Gvaz

Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of an issue, I downloaded the cios installer and I think, or at least thought I installed something with cIOS 56 or 57? and I think I might have used 249 as a base?

I don't really understand but now I can't seem to load anything in HBC, all I get is a black screen and my wii controller goes off. Pressing reset on the console brings me back to HBC.

HBC wants me to update to 1.0.8 but I'm afraid in doing so I wont be able to get back to the HBC menu.

HBC says it's using IOS 61 v21.29? I don't remember it doing that...?

Matekking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I remember reading about a proof-of-concept loader from an SMB network share. Is this possible now? Is there any way to stream games that are too large to fit on my flash drive?

alucard2x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. I recently starting using my Wii again and got HBC updated and everything. I was wondering if there is any current benefit to updating the firmware? It's currently at 3.2J and the last time I really used it 3.2 was the best firmware to use.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alucard2x said:
Quick question. I recently starting using my Wii again and got HBC updated and everything. I was wondering if there is any current benefit to updating the firmware? It's currently at 3.2J and the last time I really used it 3.2 was the best firmware to use.
Only the SD Card Menu, which sucks anyway. Make sure to update your cIOS and loaders as well.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Matekking said:
I remember reading about a proof-of-concept loader from an SMB network share. Is this possible now? Is there any way to stream games that are too large to fit on my flash drive?

No. The wifi on the wii sucks too much to do that.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gvaz said:
I'm having a bit of an issue, I downloaded the cios installer and I think, or at least thought I installed something with cIOS 56 or 57? and I think I might have used 249 as a base?

I don't really understand but now I can't seem to load anything in HBC, all I get is a black screen and my wii controller goes off. Pressing reset on the console brings me back to HBC.

HBC wants me to update to 1.0.8 but I'm afraid in doing so I wont be able to get back to the HBC menu.

I would recommend re-downloading the latest version of cIOS (rev20) and reinstalling. Just use all the default settings. And updating HBC to 1.0.8 just updates the HBC so you will be able to get back to the HBC from the wii menu.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dispel said:
Dispel said:
just had somewhat of a problem - loaded RE Umbrella Chronicles via USB loading (a 250GB USB HDD, NTFS .. rev17 & CFG USB Loader v51 - old I know, but they were the latest when I softmodded my Wii .. also Hermes v4 and I used mload 222, which is IOS37 merged with 38 I think .. all default settings for the game in the loader) and the cutscenes were very laggy, freezing almost every second - both the initial before the menu and the one before the first mission .. gameplay was ok .. shut off the Wii and tried again - everything was ok .. is it just a random glitch or ? happened for the first time afaik
any ideas ?

First of all I would recommend updating everything; USB loader CFG, Hermes cIOS (v5.1), Waninkoko cIOS (rev20). But I have a feeling that it probably was just one of those one time things.... I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Dispel

Trophies
XP
Country
Wilabob said:
Dispel said:
Dispel said:
just had somewhat of a problem - loaded RE Umbrella Chronicles via USB loading (a 250GB USB HDD, NTFS .. rev17 & CFG USB Loader v51 - old I know, but they were the latest when I softmodded my Wii .. also Hermes v4 and I used mload 222, which is IOS37 merged with 38 I think .. all default settings for the game in the loader) and the cutscenes were very laggy, freezing almost every second - both the initial before the menu and the one before the first mission .. gameplay was ok .. shut off the Wii and tried again - everything was ok .. is it just a random glitch or ? happened for the first time afaik
any ideas ?

First of all I would recommend updating everything; USB loader CFG, Hermes cIOS (v5.1), Waninkoko cIOS (rev20). But I have a feeling that it probably was just one of those one time things.... I wouldn't worry too much about it.
thanks, solved this by updating CFG loader

this one still interests me though:

http://gbatemp.net/t243453-ciosx-rev20-released
from Wanin's cIOS rev20 release notes :
- Implemented IOS reload block (only works properly with DVD titles).
what is this exactly ? will it work with MPTrilogy burned to a DVD ? without alt-dol or DARKCORP or patching the iso ?

Gvaz

Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
Wilabob said:
Gvaz said:

I would recommend re-downloading the latest version of cIOS (rev20) and reinstalling. Just use all the default settings. And updating HBC to 1.0.8 just updates the HBC so you will be able to get back to the HBC from the wii menu.
I was able to get it to work by reinstalling 61, 36, 58, then updating HBC to 1.0.8, then reinstalling cIOSx rev 20 and then reload IOS36, IOS249 slot, IOS56 base, and network installation.

dacore84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all!

I got a 4.2E with USB Loader CFG (not sure of rev but an older one). Was about to play Metroid Prime Trilogy when it warned me about problems with ios249rev14 which I have been using for quite some while.

I read a bit and got the info that rev14 and rev16 had problem with dual layer games. So I downloaded the program ModMii and was about to download ios249rev19. But there are 3 different ones (bases?):

24937 = cIOS249 [37]-v19
24938 = cIOS249 [38]-v19
24957 = cIOS249 [57]-v19

Is the "57" the latest and the best? Is that the one I should use?

Also many seem to recommend "Hermes IOS 222/223". Is it possible to install both cIOS249 and Hermes IOS222/223 and then choose which one to use in CFG USB Loader? They won´t intervene with each other?

Sry for bad english and my noobiness.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, this isn't a big issue, but I'll ask anyway. When I boot up my Wii and BootMii shows up and I select the homebrew channel, it doesn't load at all.. As a matter of fact, my tv looses its signal. Now I can just load to the main menu and go to the channel from there, but I would like to know what's wrong.

Sorry if this has been asked before, and thanks in advance.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Defiance said:
Hey guys, this isn't a big issue, but I'll ask anyway. When I boot up my Wii and BootMii shows up and I select the homebrew channel, it doesn't load at all.. As a matter of fact, my tv looses its signal. Now I can just load to the main menu and go to the channel from there, but I would like to know what's wrong.

Sorry if this has been asked before, and thanks in advance.
Start the latest hackmii installer and reinstall bootmii to fix this.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trying to install the new official Priiloader v0.5....getting message: "cIOS infected IOS detected, mission aborted." assuming this is because of DARKCORP....which IOS(es) do i need to un-CORP to make it work (i assume it's 36, 70 or 58 related); will the new priiloader still work if i then re-CORP those IOSes?

4.2U (unthemed)
Hermes v4
cIOS38 r17
DARKCorp v1.1
Priiloader v0.5 Beta4 (not HBC 1.0.7/8 compatible)
Bootmii as Boot2
HBC 1.0.8

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
brausm08 said:
trying to install the new official Priiloader v0.5....getting message: "cIOS infected IOS detected, mission aborted." assuming this is because of DARKCORP....which IOS(es) do i need to un-CORP to make it work (i assume it's 36, 70 or 58 related); will the new priiloader still work if i then re-CORP those IOSes?

4.2U (unthemed)
Hermes v4
cIOS38 r17
DARKCorp v1.1
Priiloader v0.5 Beta4 (not HBC 1.0.7/8 compatible)
Bootmii as Boot2
HBC 1.0.8
Try to install it holding B down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ