icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alexkapi12 said:
How do I safely update preloader 0.28 to 0.29?
Also, can I safly format my sd card to update from 3.2u to 4.1?

What system menu are currently running?Im pretty sure preloader .29 is only for 4.0 and 4.1
If your on 3.2 with preloader .28 and update to 4.0 or 4.1 then its going to erase preloader .28

Also formatting your sd card has nothing to do with updating 3.2 to 4.1 Im not sure what your asking here.

tdlo123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hey everyone, I need help with Wii sports resort.

whenever I put the game I get error #002, I can fix that with Trucha signer, but I cant now since it crashes every time I try to load the ISO.
I tried using Wiisrubber to extract the main.dol, but GWP does not detect error 001 or 002.

oh, and I have a 3.2U wii, it's not hacked, so I can only make changes to the ISO in order to fix that. = /

can anyone tell me what to do? -.-

mushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tdlo123 said:

whenever I put the game I get error #002, I can fix that with Trucha signer, but I cant now since it crashes every time I try to load the ISO.
I tried using Wiisrubber to extract the main.dol, but GWP does not detect error 001 or 002.

oh, and I have a 3.2U wii, it's not hacked, so I can only make changes to the ISO in order to fix that. = /

yeah i need to update my ISO so i can get the neogamma loader.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tdlo123 said:

1. Get NeoGamma R7:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884
2. Run NeoGamma from HBC
3. Select alternative .dol loading from disc
4. Start the game
5. Select the .dol that is NOT the main.dol
6. Watch all movies
7. The Wii will crash/reboot
8. Set NeoGamma back to no alternative .dol loading
9. Use your preferred method to play the game

wiiesel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i heard about a video mode changer where i have to patch the main.dol

does this work with monster hunter 3?? i would like to patch it from ntsc to pal

tdlo123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
icpmattj said:
tdlo123 said:

1. Get NeoGamma R7:
2. Run NeoGamma from HBC
4. Start the game
6. Watch all movies

dude, thank you so much
happy.gif
It's working now.

so if the same thing happens with any other game can I use this method to fix it?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
When we try to install DVDx (we've tried on 2 wiis) we always get an error (2011). Any ideas how to get it running?

And what would be the best apps to use to run Wii and GC games from an external USB hard drive, and what other thingd would we need to get that running?

And if I "backed up" (wink wink) a game that had an update or was from another country, would I need to patch it or anything, or are they just fine to use as they are?

Hitoshura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Allright, sorry got another question. I've got some old things installed, like an ooooooold homebrew channel and some hacked-VC wads I don't need anymore. Is there any way to go about uninstalling them?

Leechmo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haven't seen this mentioned yet and wonder if someone more experienced (preferably a coder) could speculate/answer

bushing recently posted an article 'of TMDs and hardware' and one of the things he said was
QUOTE said:
At normal boot, boot2 will read the System Menu (1-2)’s TMD, find a zero, and call syscall_54(0). Once it reloads into this “0002” title, IOS will call syscall_54(1), which — get this — enables access to every single fucking piece of hardware, directly from the PPC. This lets their factory tests access all of the hardware in the simplest way possible — you can access NAND, the SD card, WiFi, everything from a DOL running on the PPC. This makes the tests much easier to write — many of them would have required IOS modifications, otherwise — and probably saved them a lot of time — also, it suggests that originally there was no restriction and that they went in and placed that artificial restriction towards the end of the Wii’s development cycle.

does this mean that we could see a usbloader for GC in the future?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tdlo123 said:
so if the same thing happens with any other game can I use this method to fix it?

This fix is only for wii motion plus games.Once you watch the video one time with the alt dol method its not needed anymore after that even
if its a different game with wii motion plus.

002 fix and 002 anti will fix other games that do not work under regular settings.
Check the wiki for the games and what additional settings they require if any.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Launcher_v1

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
When we try to install DVDx (we've tried on 2 wiis) we always get an error (2011). Any ideas how to get it running?

And what would be the best apps to use to run Wii and GC games from an external USB hard drive, and what other thingd would we need to get that running?

And if I "backed up" (wink wink) a game that had an update or was from another country, would I need to patch it or anything, or are they just fine to use as they are?

dvdx issue - I have no idea.Try a different sd card maybe.

Best apps would be neogamma R7 or usbloader GX.Gamecube games can not be run from an external usb hard drive.Its not yet possible.

For backing up out of region games with an update.Its fine if your using the usb loaders.When you add the game to the hard drive all the updates will be removed.If your playing the out of region games with an update on them from a burnt disc then YES its an issue.Get preloader and use the hack for skip disc updates.

alexkapi12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have just updated to 4.1 with a guide but now when I load the photo channel or the shopping channel I get a black screen, why?
I did not use Trucha Bug Restorer at all. Do I need to use it even after I updated to 4.1?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
ShatteredScreens said:

dvdx issue - I have no idea.Try a different sd card maybe.

Best apps would be neogamma R7 or usbloader GX.Gamecube games can not be run from an external usb hard drive.Its not yet possible.

For backing up out of region games with an update.Its fine if your using the usb loaders.When you add the game to the hard drive all the updates will be removed.If your playing the out of region games with an update on them from a burnt disc then YES its an issue.Get preloader and use the hack for skip disc updates.

Thanks, anyone know about my problem with DVDx? I'm just wanting to use Wii for DVD.

And what would I have to do to play GC game backups, a disk?

Thanks for help.

Edit: Wait, so if I copy and paste to the hard drive the updates are removed?
blink.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
Thanks, anyone know about my problem with DVDx? I'm just wanting to use Wii for DVD.

And what would I have to do to play GC game backups, a disk?

Thanks for help.

Edit: Wait, so if I copy and paste to the hard drive the updates are removed?
blink.gif

Gamecube games will have to played as discs.There's no way around it right now.
You will need a modified mios though.Look for wiigators mios R8.Use the HBC to install it but it requires a GC controller in ordered to be installed.

You can't copy and paste an iso to the hard drive then use it on the wii.The hard drive your using has to be formatted to WBFS in order for the wii to read it.Get a program called wbfs manager 3.0 and use that to format the drive to wbfs.Then you use the same wbfs program to add the iso files to the hard drive.It will remove the updates for you when its transferring the games to the drive.

mushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
tdlo123 said:

1. Get NeoGamma R7:
2. Run NeoGamma from HBC
4. Start the game
6. Watch all movies
i tired that it goes my disc could not be read, it goes i ahve cISO revision 7 and its designed for revision 14. Any links and instructions on how to update that.

mullenlegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok! I still need any help with my 002 error from Punch out! Punch is on my External Hard Drive. I need someone to take me through the steps one by one! If anyone could please, PLEASE PM me. I will rep you!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mushi - You need to get cios rev14 installer.Get it from the link below
Make sure the .dol file is named boot.dol and place it inside its own folder(cios14installer for example,but it can be named whatever you want it to be named).Then place the ciosrev14installer folder inside your apps folder on your sd card and run it with the HBC.

http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blogs/waninkoko

Mullenlegend - You can run Dop-IOS.It will check all your ios files to see if they are up to date or not.It will also tell you if your missing some ios files.Download it from the link below and run it through the HBC.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Dop-IOS

ShatteredScreens-That is correct.There are ways to remove the update before you burn the disc but its just a lot easier to use the preloader hacks instead.

manofsand

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mullenlegend said:
Ok! I still need any help with my 002 error from Punch out! Punch is on my External Hard Drive. I need someone to take me through the steps one by one! If anyone could please, PLEASE PM me. I will rep you!
Use Cover Flow Loader for your usb loader.
Click the game and before you start the game, fo to the options and turn error 002 fix on.

Btw does anyone know how to make pictures on crazyintro fullscreen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy