Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a problem with wii IOS's.
I have the homebrew channel and wad manager 1.1. I can install VC games properly, but when I try to install a new IOS to play that VC game, WAD Manager gives an error. It installs the ticket correctly but when it tries to install the 'title' it gives ERROR (ret = -2011).
I have searched around but cannot find a solution.
My wii is updated to whatever firmware came with Super Mario Galaxy. The particular IOS I'm trying is ios 53. The IOS is on a usb stick, as was the VC game. My wii's region is JAP/NTSC-J.
Anyone?

Rassium

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I'm using a 400gb WD elements external drive with my wii, and everything has been great for the most part. The drive came unformatted so I made a 120gb partition for wii games (which I formatted with the USB loader on the wii), and I put the remaining space towards another partition.

All my games have worked great except for my NTSC version of Godfather: Blackhand edition and HotD:Overkill. Overkill started fine but has begun giving me really bizarre zombie stuttering (sometimes they hop all over the screen instead of following normal animations). With Godfather I've made it past the main menu one time, the rest of the time it freezes on the main "Press A" menu (often times in the same spot, and from my understanding this is different than the 'code dumping' discussed in the other thread). I thought these were errors on my side but I've ensured my HDD is supported and has proper cooling... and I've also reformatted my wii partition.

Any ideas? And sorry if this is a bit of a noobish post, it's my first one here, after all.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
outlawpika said:
Does anyone know of a channel for anyregion changer?.....
i need to use the 3.2 downgrader and i cant reinstall my homebrew channel yet i still have my wad installer.....

Just install the homebrew channel from a .wad

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=90409 - Beta 8 but you can update later.

QUOTE(Tom S @ Apr 10 2009, 01:46 PM) Hello. Its a noob questions thread, so I'm just going to ask away.
I've set up the gamecube backup launcher v0.2 and can run most backups ok, like Tales of Symphonia. My problem is when I try to run Wind Waker. On the compatibility list it says it runs ok, but when I try to start it, no matter what button I press, I either get a black screen, and then it reboots, or I get a dvd read error at the bottom. If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
smile.gif

Im pretty sure that its a bad burn. IMGBURN at 3x or lower usually works perfectly.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Hi everyone,

I'm using a 400gb WD elements external drive with my wii, and everything has been great for the most part. The drive came unformatted so I made a 120gb partition for wii games (which I formatted with the USB loader on the wii), and I put the remaining space towards another partition.

All my games have worked great except for my NTSC version of Godfather: Blackhand edition and HotD:Overkill. Overkill started fine but has begun giving me really bizarre zombie stuttering (sometimes they hop all over the screen instead of following normal animations). With Godfather I've made it past the main menu one time, the rest of the time it freezes on the main "Press A" menu (often times in the same spot, and from my understanding this is different than the 'code dumping' discussed in the other thread). I thought these were errors on my side but I've ensured my HDD is supported and has proper cooling... and I've also reformatted my wii partition.

Any ideas? And sorry if this is a bit of a noobish post, it's my first one here, after all.

The usb loader 10./1.1 isn't 100% compatible so your going to get a few that don't work!

I have 40+ games on my h/d and the only one that doesn't work is tiger woods 09 , loads up fine and shows me whats new in this version but as soon as i press a to move onto the actual game it just freezes!

Some games need a dvd (any old dvd) in the wii drive to get a game to work as i found out with another game i have , all i can suggest other than what i already have is to reinstall the games again to your h/d or wait for a future fix to usbloader.

QUOTEI have a problem with wii IOS's.
I have the homebrew channel and wad manager 1.1. I can install VC games properly, but when I try to install a new IOS to play that VC game, WAD Manager gives an error. It installs the ticket correctly but when it tries to install the 'title' it gives ERROR (ret = -2011).
My wii is updated to whatever firmware came with Super Mario Galaxy. The particular IOS I'm trying is ios 53. The IOS is on a usb stick, as was the VC game. My wii's region is JAP/NTSC-J.
Anyone?

Not sure about this but why are you not using wad manager 1.3?

paul

bowserevilking

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
paul3100 said:
QUOTE said:
I have a problem with wii IOS's.
Anyone?

Not sure about this but why are you not using wad manager 1.3?

paul
Because I read somewhere that Wad Manager 1.3 had problems with usb drives. My wad is too big to fit in my sd card.(Don't ask)
wink.gif

Anyway, Wad manager is not the problem, because wii wad installer gives the same error.(ret = -2011)

Niklas_101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, having just ordered a Wii with WiiKey2, and being totally fresh on the Wii scene, all this talk about HBC and IOS and such is a bit confusing to me.
If all I want to do is play backups, do I really have to worry about all this? Also, is there any danger in updating the firmware in the Wii, might it make it unable to play backups?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Niklas_101 said:
OK, having just ordered a Wii with WiiKey2, and being totally fresh on the Wii scene, all this talk about HBC and IOS and such is a bit confusing to me.
If all I want to do is play backups, do I really have to all this? Also, is there any danger in updating the firmware in the Wii, might it make it unable to play backups?

If you just want to play back-ups, you're fine with your Wiikey2.
If you don't care about homebrew, you can just update your firmware. Your chip isn't going to be affected.

Niklas_101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Niklas_101 said:
If all I want to do is play backups, do I really have to all this? Also, is there any danger in updating the firmware in the Wii, might it make it unable to play backups?

If you just want to play back-ups, you're fine with your Wiikey2.
If you don't care about homebrew, you can just update your firmware. Your chip isn't going to be affected.

Awesome, thanks.

Hyroero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Hyroero said:
I have the USB loader working but i was wondering if there is a channel i can install so i dont have to open it from the HBC every time.

Yeah, I'm using this one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wdtlz2jetne

Since this is a WAD do i need a special version for a PAL wii as apposed to a NTSC wii like with wiiware?

I dont want to brick my wii since i don't have preloader installed...

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hyroero said:
Satangel said:
Hyroero said:
I have the USB loader working but i was wondering if there is a channel i can install so i dont have to open it from the HBC every time.

Since this is a WAD do i need a special version for a PAL wii as apposed to a NTSC wii like with wiiware?

Uh no, I don't think so. You can use it on any region Wii.

Hyroero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Hyroero said:
Satangel said:
Hyroero said:

Link doesn't work
frown.gif
won't load the download.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hyroero said:
Satangel said:
Hyroero said:
Satangel said:
Hyroero said:

Link doesn't work
frown.gif
won't load the download.

Try this one then:

http://rapidshare.com/files/217811325/usb_..._childproof.rar

rbluesy77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Noobish question, I have gamma 0.3 launcher installed and working fine but it doesnt have the 002 fix, found the Wii-ish launcher with the 002 fix and am planning to install that, my question is, do i need to remove gamma first and do i need anything else to get the 002 fix running? many thans!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You don't really need to remove the old version, but if you want only one version on your wii, it's better to delete it.
If its just a .dol file for use with the Homebrew Channel, you can overwrite it with the new version

rbluesy77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
You don't really need to remove the old version, but if you want only one version on your wii, it's better to delete it.
If its just a .dol file for use with the Homebrew Channel, you can overwrite it with the new version
thanks, its a wad so i will just uninstall it and install the new one.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
thanks, its a wad so i will just uninstall it and install the new one

Correct , actually usually when im installing a new channel (wad ) i put the old one right at the last page so its not showing when the wii boots up but good to have incase the new file has problems!

paul

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway