Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well you'll need then the offline version of AnyRegionChanger or the SysMenu.wad and IOS30.wad...!!
wink.gif

Hero#1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I have a Wii 3.4U and Wiikey 1.9s
so I was stupid enough to update my wii
unsure.gif
and now i want to downgrade it.
so, i want to install wad manager with wad installer in HBC; however, when i try to it gives me some error message.
anyway, i was wondering if i could remove the HBC and download it again using the Wii Fix Guide ?
because i dont think i can reinstall HBC on Wii 3.4U, correct ?
if I cant can someone help me with installing wad manager ?
wacko.gif

Infection

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi again guys,

I've successfully ran the TP hack, installed Homebrew Channel, downgraded to 3.2U, installed/ran Any Region Changer and Preloader, then ran CORP Installer and installed a bunch of files that I got off a pack on the Net.

So I tried loading TP (I'm using first gen Wiikey btw) via Disc Channel, and bam, it can't read my disc. And funnily enough it loaded just fine right before I did any of the above! I tried running the TP disc via Backup Loader (gamma 0.3) and it worked just fine.

I'm wondering.. did any of cIOS files or IOS files clashed with my Wiikey? If so.. what should I do? :S

«þ»

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone,

I've been out of the loop with Wii Hacking since SSBB.

I've got Wiikey 1.9 and 3.0E Wii and i'd like to run Marble Saga: Kororinpa

I've read the threads and all the instructions and now theres a long list of instructions to do with extracting .dol files, removing 002 errors and whatnot.

Can someone explain why this is the case? Will I have to install the Twilight hack to get the homebrew channel?

Will I still have to do it with a hard modded Wii (eg. can I just run RegionChanger and WiiBrickBlock?)

monkeydjeffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
good day... i have used anyregion change to make my ntsc-j wii to pal...

is there anyway to get weather/news channel for pal ?

i was on 3.4J and did the downgrade...

currently, i'm on 3.2E... and when i try to update to 3.4E to get the weather/news channel... i have a message saying i'm on the latest firmware already.. and its up to date...

any ideas??

Kamora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this is n00b paradise, right? cool, i'm in the right place then.

like many people here, i want the option to play games i've downloaded. i'm not a complete n00b, but i only know the square basics of hacking the wii. i'm not really interested in other wii applications. i've never connected to the internet on my wii, so that doesn't really matter.

first question: am i able to mod at all? my wii was purchased a month or so before this last christmas, in the UK, which is where i live. i read the 'boot1' topic, but i have no idea if this affects my console.

second question: how do i find out what version of firmware i have(3.*E)? im sure if i dig around in settings i could find out, but i'm a little lazy.

so, here's what i have:
2GB micro SD card, SD adapter, & a card reader.
unchipped EUR wii(completely unmodded). like i said i don't know what firmware i have.
zelda: TP EUR

if someone could point me in the right direction for softmodding my wii, i'd be really grateful. links to relevant tutorials would be great, as well as anything i need to keep in mind to avoid or prevent bricking my console.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hero#1 said:
Hi all,
I have a Wii 3.4U and Wiikey 1.9s
so I was stupid enough to update my wii
unsure.gif
and now i want to downgrade it.
so, i want to install wad manager with wad installer in HBC; however, when i try to it gives me some error message.
anyway, i was wondering if i could remove the HBC and download it again using the Wii Fix Guide ?
because i dont think i can reinstall HBC on Wii 3.4U, correct ?
if I cant can someone help me with installing wad manager ?
wacko.gif

Wad Manager doesn't get installed unless you mean a Wad Manager Channel, you need to do the FIX for downgrade, wich is installing IOS16, reboot, use Custom Wad Manager (wich runs off IOS16) and then install ios249_r7.wad, and finally downgrade using cIOS and IOS Downgraders, and now you can use Wad Manager as normal and install wad intaller or whatever you ment
laugh.gif

QUOTE said:
Hi again guys,
I've successfully ran the TP hack, installed Homebrew Channel, downgraded to 3.2U, installed/ran Any Region Changer and Preloader, then ran CORP Installer and installed a bunch of files that I got off a pack on the Net.
So I tried loading TP (I'm using first gen Wiikey btw) via Disc Channel, and bam, it can't read my disc. And funnily enough it loaded just fine right before I did any of the above! I tried running the TP disc via Backup Loader (gamma 0.3) and it worked just fine.
I'm wondering.. did any of cIOS files or IOS files clashed with my Wiikey? If so.. what should I do? :S

I believe your problem has to do with some HACKS from preloader, cause your Wiikey has a region free feature, and then you installed a SysMenu with region free feature (ARC1.1b_mod5) and I assume you enabled the REGION FREE hacks in preloader menu, so to solve this, just disable any region free that preloader has..!!
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
Hey everyone,
I've read the threads and all the instructions and now theres a long list of instructions to do with extracting .dol files, removing 002 errors and whatnot.
Can someone explain why this is the case? Will I have to install the Twilight hack to get the homebrew channel?
Will I still have to do it with a hard modded Wii (eg. can I just run RegionChanger and WiiBrickBlock?)

To fix the 002 error is not that hard really, but I guess you haven't used Trucha Signer or WiiScruber, and that's why you don't understand any on the info there, cause it is really just:

Extract the main.dol with Trucha Signer or WiiScruber from the .iso
Use GWP1.2 to patch this main.dol
Use Trucha Signer or WiiScruber to replace the original main.dol with the patched one in the .iso
Burn your .iso

and to do this you also need to be runing on FW 3.2 or earlier, I'm sure that if you read my thread about 002 FIX you'll be able to solve this without installing the Homebrew Channel in your Wii, altought is better to have it..!!!
biggrin.gif

good day... i have used anyregion change to make my ntsc-j wii to pal...
is there anyway to get weather/news channel for pal ?
i was on 3.4J and did the downgrade...
currently, i'm on 3.2E... and when i try to update to 3.4E to get the weather/news channel... i have a message saying i'm on the latest firmware already.. and its up to date...
any ideas??

Delete the channels with Any Title Deleter MOD4, and then extract the channels from PIKMIN (PAL) with Trucha Signer and just install them with Wad Manager, about your updating issue I have no idea why it doesn't want to update..!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Kamora said:
this is n00b paradise, right? cool, i'm in the right place then.
like many people here, i want the option to play games i've downloaded. i'm not a complete n00b, but i only know the square basics of hacking the wii. i'm not really interested in other wii applications. i've never connected to the internet on my wii, so that doesn't really matter.
first question: am i able to mod at all? my wii was purchased a month or so before this last christmas, in the UK, which is where i live. i read the 'boot1' topic, but i have no idea if this affects my console.
second question: how do i find out what version of firmware i have(3.*E)? im sure if i dig around in settings i could find out, but i'm a little lazy.
so, here's what i have:
2GB micro SD card, SD adapter, & a card reader.
unchipped EUR wii(completely unmodded). like i said i don't know what firmware i have.
zelda: TP EUR
if someone could point me in the right direction for softmodding my wii, i'd be really grateful. links to relevant tutorials would be great, as well as anything i need to keep in mind to avoid or prevent bricking my console.

Well there are several guides here at GBATemp check the stickies, you need to read them so you can see wich one you understand better, the boot1 thing is still a rumor not really confirmed although I believe this can be true, but the only thing you wont be able to do for that matter will be downgrade in case you are in 3.4 so don't worry about it as you still can be able to run backups with the Gamma Launcher; your version FW is displayed in the upper right corner of your screen when you enter in the Wii's configuration....!!
smile.gif

«þ»

Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
[
QUOTE said:
Hey everyone,

To fix the 002 error is not that hard really, but I guess you haven't used Trucha Signer or WiiScruber, and that's why you don't understand any on the info there, cause it is really just:

Extract the main.dol with Trucha Signer or WiiScruber from the .iso
Use GWP1.2 to patch this main.dol
Use Trucha Signer or WiiScruber to replace the original main.dol with the patched one in the .iso
Burn your .iso

and to do this you also need to be runing on FW 3.2 or earlier, I'm sure that if you read my thread about 002 FIX you'll be able to solve this without installing the Homebrew Channel in your Wii, altought is better to have it..!!!
biggrin.gif

Really appreciate the help, thanks
smile.gif

One more question... since I am trying to run a NTSC-U game on a PAL Wii, do I have to run anything else to make it compatible and to prevent bricking (like RegionFrii)?

Looking at the GBATemp Wiki, it looks like these programs are no longer used as the compatability pages are no longer updated.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To protect against disc updates, you just need one of the following methods:
- use a disc update blocker like the one from starfall or preloader
- brickblock the disc
- use a loader to run the game

These 3 methods don't affect each other, so if you do 1 of these, you don't need the others. Just keep in mind never to click on update if you are asked to, whenever you are not sure where to click(...) turn off the Wii.

When playing import games i really really recommend you to use a loader, this will save you from a lot of trouble. The most advanced region free loaders(in my eyes) are Gamma/Gecko OS and my toy(look at my sig).

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question here. I am wondering how to make my own custom system menu and health warning screens? I tried Heathii and it keeps saying "Error retrieving list of files" Then i go through the SoftMii tweak toy and it finds the files, but says install failed every time.

Sajiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks to ether2802 I was able to restore my Wii, thank you so much!

My next question is, I want to access the shop channel but am currently on the 3.2U with the SoftMii
I would like to redownload some of the N64 titles I purchased before my Wii was bricked. ether2802 tells me I need an IOS file but I don`t know where to find it...

Also a friend softmii`d his Wii and ran SSBB retail copy but it messed up or something and now when he goes to settings it gives him this error:

fix/us/eng/index01.html

Is there anyway to fix that?

jabran200

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NOOB alert lol. I need some questions answering.

My wii is not modded totally standard but I want to run backups on it.

Can I do this without the twilight hack? if so how?

thank you.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sajiko said:
Thanks to ether2802 I was able to restore my Wii, thank you so much!

My next question is, I want to access the shop channel but am currently on the 3.2U with the SoftMii
I would like to redownload some of the N64 titles I purchased before my Wii was bricked. ether2802 tells me I need an IOS file but I don`t know where to find it...

Also a friend softmii`d his Wii and ran SSBB retail copy but it messed up or something and now when he goes to settings it gives him this error:

fix/us/eng/index01.html

use this: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS51_installer
The error is a semi-brick, you know what to search now
smile.gif

QUOTE(jabran200 @ Mar 20 2009, 07:12 PM) NOOB alert lol. I need some questions answering.

My wii is not modded totally standard but I want to run backups on it.

Can I do this without the twilight hack? if so how?

thank you.
only with a modchip

PSeeCO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I still have some problems with Metal Slug Anthology (MS6), i've patched it to 249 and it loads with gamma loader but not with softchip...any clue? Is the compatibility list different between them?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Korudo said:
Quick question here. I am wondering how to make my own custom system menu and health warning screens? I tried Heathii and it keeps saying "Error retrieving list of files" Then i go through the SoftMii tweak toy and it finds the files, but says install failed every time.

You have either a bad region file, a corrupted file OR a corurpted SD
Solution:
Reformat you SD, redownload the file and this time check it is for your region (42.app for NTSC 45.app for PAL)

QUOTE said:
a friend softmii`d his Wii and ran SSBB retail copy but it messed up or something and now when he goes to settings it gives him this error:
fix/us/eng/index01.html

Ok he changed his region installing the SysMenu with Any region changer, and then he updated his Wii with SSBB, that's why he got that, thing that I really don't understand cause he was supoused to install preloader and enable the hack that blocks updates, if he didn't install the wrong sysmenu, then he changed the setting in any region changer to other region, he needs to change those back to his region and press SAVE, then just reboot..!!!
smile.gif

I still have some problems with Metal Slug Anthology (MS6), i've patched it to 249 and it loads with gamma loader but not with softchip...any clue? Is the compatibility list different between them?

Have you setted SofChip to run over IOS249..??

PSeeCO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ether2802 said:
QUOTE said:

Have you setted SofChip to run over IOS249..??
Mmmh...maybe not, but i setted softchip for the autoboot, how can i get to the option menu again?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't use SoftChip at all anymore so I couldn't know, I just know that by default it comes pointing towards IOS36 wich is not a usable IOS to run backups..!!
smile.gif

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
You have either a bad region file, a corrupted file OR a corurpted SD
Solution:
Reformat you SD, redownload the file and this time check it is for your region (42.app for NTSC 45.app for PAL)

Do they have to have all the 00000 before the 42.app? How should the file names be setup exactly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas