Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

D

Deleted User

Starfall does not recieve updates anymore.

What you need to do is remove all Starfall hacks, and follow The Preloader Guide (Search for it)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
AetherMaster said:
Hi everyone. I have a question that's been bugging me for a while now.

Recently, About 2 weeks ago, I got a new Wii. This one came with 3.3U firmware, so I followed the 3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial to downgrade to 3.2U. I just yesterday realized that I'm still not able to load any Trucha signed discs, though. Is there a reason? I used the IOS downgrader like the tutorial says.

My question, then, would be "is there a homebrew program that allows Trucha, or will I have to manually downgrade my IOSes? (Or should i just try using IOS downgrader again?)"

If I need to manually downgrade, what are the IOS names and versions that I'd need to get?

thanks for any help at all!
smile.gif

Wich game is it, and you can check wich IOS versions you have installed if you run Title Lister, do that and report back, please..!!
smile.gif

QUOTEIs their a homebrew app to run audio cds?

Wii can't read CD's only DVD's discs..!!
smile.gif

McBacon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I asked this in the MadWorld topic, but I'll ask here too because its pretty Nooby

I have a ModChip (Cylcowiz) and I'm on 3.4E

I'm in PAL, and I used RegionFrii to change MadWorld to a PAL Game

Its asking me to install a system update; will this brick my Wii?

Thanks

Dave

alexkapi12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
afif95 said:
Starfall does not recieve updates anymore.

What you need to do is remove all Starfall hacks, and follow The Preloader Guide (Search for it)

So by removing the starfall hacks my wii will not get messed up?

Donmoonie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't touched my wii in I think over a year, but I want to play madworld.
It's a PAL 3.3E (I think will double check what version it is) installed with a wiikey v1 modchip, updated to the 1.9s software. I've used wiibrickblocker and regionfrii to change the region and remove the update, is there anything else I need to do? I have never heard of any of this WAD or IOS stuff. If I put the game in will it brick my wii?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
McBacon said:
Hey, I asked this in the MadWorld topic, but I'll ask here too because its pretty Nooby
I have a ModChip (Cylcowiz) and I'm on 3.4E
I'm in PAL, and I used RegionFrii to change MadWorld to a PAL Game
Its asking me to install a system update; will this brick my Wii?
Thanks
Dave

Yes it will semi-brick your Wii, casue it has a USA update, better just install IOS53 - 55 - 38 with Wad Manager, or use a launcher with the 002fix

QUOTE said:
So by removing the starfall hacks my wii will not get messed up?

Why..?? you are just changing some offsets inside the main.dol of the SysMenu, and by changing I mean BACK TO ORIGINAL STATE

I haven't touched my wii in I think over a year, but I want to play madworld.
It's a PAL 3.3E (I think will double check what version it is) installed with a wiikey v1 modchip, updated to the 1.9s software. I've used wiibrickblocker and regionfrii to change the region and remove the update, is there anything else I need to do? I have never heard of any of this WAD or IOS stuff. If I put the game in will it brick my wii?

Install IOS53 - 55 - 38 with Wad Manager or use a launcher with the 002fix, and I think you should use a 1:1 non-BB or patched to other region copy, not sure if BB and region free patches count as fake signed, and if it is then the game will not work on 3.4 at all so you better downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS and IOS downgraders..!!
smile.gif

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
AetherMaster said:
Hi everyone. I have a question that's been bugging me for a while now.

Recently, About 2 weeks ago, I got a new Wii. This one came with 3.3U firmware, so I followed the 3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial to downgrade to 3.2U. I just yesterday realized that I'm still not able to load any Trucha signed discs, though. Is there a reason? I used the IOS downgrader like the tutorial says.

My question, then, would be "is there a homebrew program that allows Trucha, or will I have to manually downgrade my IOSes? (Or should i just try using IOS downgrader again?)"

If I need to manually downgrade, what are the IOS names and versions that I'd need to get?

thanks for any help at all!
smile.gif

Wich game is it, and you can check wich IOS versions you have installed if you run Title Lister, do that and report back, please..!!
smile.gif

QUOTEIs their a homebrew app to run audio cds?

Wii can't read CD's only DVD's discs..!!
smile.gif
Well, I just ran IOS downgrader again. It downgraded two IOSes that it hadn't before (strange
unsure.gif
), and Trucha works now. thanks though!

NOTWORKING123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry but i dont know which section this post should be in,i downloaded mario power tennis wii iso and when the torrent file is done, i open the containing folder. there is alot of rar folders, i extract the first one then i open the zip and it show s another rar! i thought your supposed to find a iso in the zip. whats wrong?

Posts merged

Sorry but i dont know which section this post should be in,i downloaded mario power tennis wii iso and when the torrent file is done, i open the containing folder. there is alot of rar folders, i extract the first one then i open the zip and it show s another rar! i thought your supposed to find a iso in the zip. whats wrong?

Posts merged

Posts merged

sorryabout triple post but sumthing screwed up

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I finally got a Wii, and want to perform the Twilight Hack to enable homebrew.
Though, I'm not sure if some firmwares/versions of the Wii are un-hackable (For example, like the PSP 3000 is)

If the hack works on every version, then I'll go ahead and do it ASAP.

Also, the hack guide I found says that TP must be played at least once.
Does this mean I should pop the game in, create a profile, play and save my file before attempting the hack?

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZML said:
I finally got a Wii, and want to perform the Twilight Hack to enable homebrew.
Though, I'm not sure if some firmwares/versions of the Wii are un-hackable (For example, like the PSP 3000 is)

If the hack works on every version, then I'll go ahead and do it ASAP.

Does this mean I should pop the game in, create a profile, play and save my file before attempting the hack?
It'll work on any version. I recommend the 3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial. It lets you get everything you need running, even on the newest firmware.

Now, I have a question of my own. What does it take to play a trimmed Wii ISO? I have the FlatMii, I'm on 3.2U, I can use Trucha discs, but when I try to play the game, I get the oh-so-famous "An error has occurred" message. any ideas?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
NOTWORKING123 said:

install winrar and just do a right click and then choose "extract here" it will take a while to perform the totall extraction of it..!!
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
I'm a total noob.
Just got a brand new wii today...very quick question to the pros here:
My wii comes with 3.4U. Since the new TH beta2 supports it, should i just use that? Is there still a need to downgrade these days?
Thanks in advance.

yes you need to use the TH beta2, and do not reboot, turn off or go from the saves to the main menu pressing HOME cause it will be deleted, there is no need to downgrade, but it is very recomendable, about the guides...use the one you understand better..!!
smile.gif

Now, I have a question of my own. What does it take to play a trimmed Wii ISO? I have the FlatMii, I'm on 3.2U, I can use Trucha discs, but when I try to play the game, I get the oh-so-famous "An error has occurred" message. any ideas?

You need to run the iso thru the multiboot loader inside the WiiScruber 1.40 package, you can't run it thru the disc channel (till Waninkoko figure this out
tongue.gif
), there is even a video about this, was posted in the thread of wiiscruber actually, but don't remember the name or the author..!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ZML said:

Buy the game and pop it in, then the game will ask you if you want to create a save file, say "yes" to it, if you don't do this first, the wii will refuse to copy the twilight hack from the SD to the internal memory of the Wii..!!
smile.gif

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alexkapi12 said:
Do I need a usb gecko to use ocarina or can I install it without?

No, just an SD card. Go download ocarina, put it in the apps folder, make a folder called codes on root, put them in there.

Use the PC app to make them.

If you meant Gecko OS, then No. Just find an older version on the net somewhere ( google ).

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK... every time I think I'm starting to get all this stuff something else crops up which proves that I know nothing!
wink.gif

I'm running 0.3gamma with a backup launcher channel and have just come across the #002 error whilst trying to load JOB ISLAND. People say "use a launcher with 002 fix" but I'm getting confused.

Here's what I've done: Grabbed "WiiIsh Autoload 002 fix" ZIP file which contained Wiiish-BKUP.wad

Installed the new disc launcher channel via the Homebrew Channel. Tried running the game via that and still get the #002 error (I've not deleted my other launcher channel incidentally)

I'm clearly being dumb somewhere!

Am I supposed to be installing a new version of the gamma bit as well or...??? I've seen guides such as this one http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html but I'm not sure what to do if I've already got stuff installed on the Wii. Do I need to delete anything first or will it over-write what I've got or....? I'm getting seriously confused as I don't want to just keep randomly installing stuff!

TIA
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Psi likes Cream Pie I hear