Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you use a 002 loader you may get various issues, but the 002 error can't be one of these, whatever IOS or cIOS you use.

NDSPhr34k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
If you use a 002 loader you may get various issues, but the 002 error can't be one of these, whatever IOS or cIOS you use.

Oh okay. The 002 fix has nothing to do w/ the cIOS files for it's applied with the loader being used?

D

Deleted User

Well, everything that you done wrong can brick your Wii.

Softmii is safe, if you follow the guide closely (And not being a smart-ass like swf3)

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
Well, everything that you done wrong can brick your Wii.

Softmii is safe, if you follow the guide closely (And not being a smart-ass like swf3)
i head somewhere that after you install softmii your wii becomes unbrickable, is that true?

D

Deleted User

Not really.

Just, don't do a fucking format.

Format is useless, and selfless.

And the wii is not unbrickable. Even with Bootmii, if you done something wrong (like messing with boot1 or something) you could get bricked too

oldcqr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please excuse the newb-ness of this....

I have a 3.4U Wii that is soft modded and can run backups from my region just fine with Gamma (HBC/everything is installed). Now, I would like to branch out and play an import backup and I'm scared of bricking my Wii. Are these the steps I take to try to run an (E) game on my (U) Wii with no brick risk? ->

1 - Use brick-blocker and remove any updates found on the import ISO
2 - Load up Gamma and change the 'Force NTSC' setting to 'YES' (and possibly force the language if necessary)
3 - Launch Game just like any other backup

I also noticed that under 'Rebooter Options' in Gamma, there is a 'Region Free' setting. Do I need to load the backup with the rebooter, or will the normal 'Launch Game' work?

D

Deleted User

Brickblocker is old. If you have Gamma, it skips update so don't bother.

Just burn the game like you used to.

Playing it, just one more step, force NTSC

The normal Launch game would work (Depends on the game).

I also, recommend you to downgrade, and install Preloader

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WHAT..??
wtf.gif

that is sooooo not true (not flamming I swear) you just missread it, or they are sooo bad informed...!!
smile.gif

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
WHAT..??
wtf.gif

that is sooooo not true (not flamming I swear) you just missread it, or they are sooo bad informed...!!
smile.gif
whew thanks. So i take it that you have softmii installed and running backups at 8x? I have another question though, how do you install preloader? Why would you want it, and what does it do?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Slient_Blade said:
How do you guys change the wii shop in Japanese shop from US? I am using Anyregionchanger but it gives me an error like 5000.

I think I read about it wasn't possible anymore, but I could be wrong

QUOTEwhew thanks. So i take it that you have softmii installed and running backups at 8x? I have another question though, how do you install preloader? Why would you want it, and what does it do?

I have softmii installed, the backups run at 3X, but they can be burned at any speed (as long as they are well burned, Eg. I use Sony media and Nero6 with a Lite-On writter to burn them at 16X, and I have no coasters at all), Preloader needs certain buttons to be pressed so it can run the installer, like the last v0.27 needs "hardlump" wich is:

HOME
A
Right
Down
Left
Up
Minus (-)
Plus (+)

The v0.28 only can be updated, once v.027 is installed, thru your Wi-Fi connection (wired connection not supported yet).

You want it because it can save your @$$ if you mess and toy around with different hacks on your Wii, and it is kind of a pre-menu so if the sysmenu of your wii is screwed you can still load HBC and fix it, it also can aply different hacks to your Wii, and it's obligatory if you are going to install custom health screens on your Wii...!!
smile.gif

Slient_Blade

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Slient_Blade said:
How do you guys change the wii shop in Japanese shop from US? I am using Anyregionchanger but it gives me an error like 5000.

I think I read about it wasn't possible anymore, but I could be wrong

QUOTEwhew thanks. So i take it that you have softmii installed and running backups at 8x? I have another question though, how do you install preloader? Why would you want it, and what does it do?

I have softmii installed, the backups run at 3X, but they can be burned at any speed (as long as they are well burned, Eg. I use Sony media and Nero6 with a Lite-On writter to burn them at 16X, and I have no coasters at all), Preloader needs certain buttons to be pressed so it can run the installer, like the last v0.27 needs "hardlump" wich is:

HOME
A
Right
Down
Left
Up
Minus (-)
Plus (+)

The v0.28 only can be updated, once v.027 is installed, thru your Wi-Fi connection (wired connection not supported yet).

You want it because it can save your @$$ if you mess and toy around with different hacks on your Wii, and it is kind of a pre-menu so if the sysmenu of your wii is screwed you can still load HBC and fix it, it also can aply different hacks to your Wii, and it's obligatory if you are going to install custom health screens on your Wii...!!
smile.gif

Thanks

Loginer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A few short questions: I need to revert my firmware back to 1.0E, or whatever firmware the Wii had when I bought it (currently on 3.2E, if it matters). Will a format do the trick, and if not, is there any other way to downgrade my Wii to 1.0E? And is there any way to back up things like Miis and Shop Channel data?

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loginer said:
A few short questions: I need to revert my firmware back to 1.0E, or whatever firmware the Wii had when I bought it (currently on 3.2E, if it matters). Will a format do the trick, and if not, is there any other way to downgrade my Wii to 1.0E? And is there any way to back up things like Miis and Shop Channel data?
why would you want to downgrade to 1.0? 3.2 is the best firmware right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee