Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
if i get a full brick, lets say if im installing cioscorp and i lose power or it just goes tits up could i just boot preloader and re-install my sysmenu.wad or will preloader stop working if you fully brick.
Also how do i backup my original ios files prior to installing cioscorp

Rainy

Trophies
XP
Country
How do i install softmii? when i downgrade it freezes need help urgently
biggrin.gif

teriaki 511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simple question, is there a decent tutorial somewhere on how to customize the system menu, heath screen, message board, pointers, etc.? I've searched everywhere and I've come up with nothing...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Littlegreenmen said:
if i get a full brick, lets say if im installing cioscorp and i lose power or it just goes tits up could i just boot preloader and re-install my sysmenu.wad or will preloader stop working if you fully brick.
Also how do i backup my original ios files prior to installing cioscorp

Well a full-brick is when your SysMenu or IOS30 (lets say you are on 3.2) it is no there, so your Wii can't function because the lack of either one of those, if you are trying to install CIOScorp the danger is when you install the cIOS30, cause that's the support of the SysMenu, if the electricity goes out during the installation of this one, then you are full bricked, to be able to recover from it you need a NAND Dump and your Wii's keys, so you need "NAND Dumper" and "xyz" (I think that is the name of the app) to have your NAND and keys, but you still need an infectus2 chip and some knowledge on how to re-flash or re-program your NAND, thing that I'm going to research tomorrow, hence my infectus just got to my hands
biggrin.gif
(finally), of course you can install Preloader before starting any of this proccess so you can have a fall-back, but I think if the IOS30 is missing or currupted then it wont work, so just to prevent even more put it to "autoboot=HBC", and pray God nothing go wrong
laugh.gif
I still think the installation it is not cause of bricking, just the uninstallation...!!!

QUOTE said:
simple question, is there a decent tutorial somewhere on how to customize the system menu, heath screen, message board, pointers, etc.? I've searched everywhere and I've come up with nothing...

You can use healtii to make your custom health screen and PRESS A, but I haven't seen yet any tutorial for the entire SysMenu

when i try installing with any region changer M5 i get an error
Error making http request

Ask DigityDogs how to install this offline, you'll only need Wad Manager 1.3 ...!!!:D

bhavinjpatel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got done backing up my wii fit game and i keep on getting a greenscreen....can any please help me....i also have a backup of simcreater 2 and also have the same problem. By the way i am using Verbaitam DVD-R's and my backups are PAL and My Wii is US NTSC and yes i am forcing NTSC

NightKry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have some problems with my wiikey and my wii, and I was hoping someone could answer them
Well, the last time my wiikey was updated was this summer (somebody did it for me), I bought my wii on launch date in Canada, and currently the wii firmware is at 3.3U

I also have the HBC installed, and the apps there are running normally.
'Real' games (non-pirated; my vocabulary is really limited, see..) are running properly, Mario Kart, Brawl, Wii Sports... etc
But none of my pirated games are working now... which is weird, because they use to work and now none of them work.

And apparently there's a new wii update again... (I've been out of the loop these past months)
So, is it safe to update?
And why aren't my games working? =S

And yeah, I think my wii has toppled over quite some bit these past months (i kept moving it from one TV to another playing Brawl)
I also plan to install the Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma with 002 fix soon...

So yeah, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks =D

Kry

barcafc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a friend who was on 3.3E before and played nfs undecover (NTSC-U) and it upgraded to 3.4U.

He now has a semi-brick (cannot access settings as it has an opera error)

Would waiting for a game to come out and then update it work OR is installing another IOS a good idea.

He does not have internet connected to the Wii currently so he cannot use the Downgrader.

Thanks
smile.gif

shinato91 said:
hey everyone, is it very risky to downgrade my wii?

No, if you know what your doing, its fine
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
bhavinjpatel said:
I just got done backing up my wii fit game and i keep on getting a greenscreen....can any please help me....i also have a backup of simcreater 2 and also have the same problem. By the way i am using Verbaitam DVD-R's and my backups are PAL and My Wii is US NTSC and yes i am forcing NTSC

Well this is really weird since WiiFit and SimCreator2 have both video signal output, so try this time to forcing at other setting or not forcing the video at all

QUOTE said:
So if ios30/sysmenu is missing/corrupt i cant boot to preloader
If SysMenu is corrupt, preloader will tell you, and you'll be able to fix it, but if IOS30 is corrupt, then I don't think even preloader will boot, because preloader is hanging from IOS30 too, so it is extremely necesary

QUOTE said:
I have some problems with my wiikey and my wii, and I was hoping someone could answer them
Well, the last time my wiikey was updated was this summer (somebody did it for me), I bought my wii on launch date in Canada, and currently the wii firmware is at 3.3U
I also have the HBC installed, and the apps there are running normally.
'Real' games (non-pirated; my vocabulary is really limited, see..) are running properly, Mario Kart, Brawl, Wii Sports... etc
But none of my pirated games are working now... which is weird, because they use to work and now none of them work.
And apparently there's a new wii update again... (I've been out of the loop these past months)
So, is it safe to update?
And why aren't my games working? =S
And yeah, I think my wii has toppled over quite some bit these past months (i kept moving it from one TV to another playing Brawl)
I also plan to install the Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma with 002 fix soon...
So yeah, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks =D
Kry

If the really used to work and now on 3.3 don't work, they probably are Scrubbed games, so your best shot is to downgrade to 3.2 and try them again, if this still don't fix your problem, maybe with so many movement of the Wii, the ModChip got loose or something

QUOTEhey everyone, is it very risky to downgrade my wii?
Well your risks are if your internet is too slow or the electricity fails during the process, or (of course) if you choose another region, Eg. your Wii is NTSC-U 3.4U (probably) and you want to downgrade to 3.2U, if you make a mistake choosing 3.2J or 3.2E you'll have a semibrick, you can choose and then cIOS Downgrader will ask you if you want that downgrade, so you can verify the right region of your Wii/downgrade

I have a friend who was on 3.3E before and played nfs undecover (NTSC-U) and it upgraded to 3.4U.
He now has a semi-brick (cannot access settings as it has an opera error)
Would waiting for a game to come out and then update it work OR is installing another IOS a good idea.
He does not have internet connected to the Wii currently so he cannot use the Downgrader.
Thanks

Need For Speed: Undercover doesn't have the 3.4 update, it is 3.1, so he need to get an access point and perform an update or downgrade, but I don't know much about bricks to be honest

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
adr990 said:
What is the Letter Type (Font) of Homebrew Channel Text:

the
homebrew
         channel

Thanks in advance!

This is a noob paradise, this question is out of range here...!!!
tongue.gif

QUOTEhow to install custom healthscreens/sytem menus and pointers on softmii?

Well you need to create your file with Healtii and install it with the .dol included in it, of you can use the tweak tool from SoftMii, for SysMenu interface and pointer I don't know, but you can research a little bit about "manually healtii", there was a thread about it, and instead of choosing the health.ash I guess you'll have to choose another .ash to modify...!!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sounds like the typical Discord response when you get pinged.