Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Rickhard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It works like a charm now. It didn't work the last time because my wii swiped my USB, forgot to pick it out the last time.

Anyways it works now and that's what counts, thanks for all the help you all :)

88ampedup

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey have a few issues..i have everything setup on a 4gb sd card ( wiiflow, cfg usb loader, all the emulators and roms etc) but have run out of room on it..what I was wondering is can I just go into the .ini file in wiiflow and direct it to find roms and possibly covers on a usb stick?( change the rom path) If possible how would the path look?...the other issue I'm having is I was able to get all the snes and sega gen covers all to work on wiiflow but have tried all different things and cant get nes covers to show up..they were all done the same E:\WiiFlow\boxcovers\fceugx..the ini file in the plugin file is set to coverfolder=fceugx any help is appreciated thanks

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. And was there ever a Wii title keys site? I mean, are there universal keys, or a way to use someone else's keys?

Not that I know of on the site. As for the tickets I think they all used the certificate in the Wii. You can get it out of a NAND dump. (cert.sys) It's the ticket that's normally signed by the eCommerce system but they can be Trucha-signed.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Not that I know of on the site. As for the tickets I think they all used the certificate in the Wii. You can get it out of a NAND dump. (cert.sys) It's the ticket that's normally signed by the eCommerce system but they can be Trucha-signed.
Thanks. So it's the case that the CDN/eShop for 3DS/Wii U is actually less secure than the Wii equivalent?

Or is it just that hackers, once they had enough access to dump VC/WiiWare titles, and they could be distributed as WADs, stopped looking seeing whether they could download directly from the CDN?

I'm just asking as it's interesting to understand how hacking things develop.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. So it's the case that the CDN/eShop for 3DS/Wii U is actually less secure than the Wii equivalent?

Or is it just that hackers, once they had enough access to dump VC/WiiWare titles, and they could be distributed as WADs, stopped looking seeing whether they could download directly from the CDN?

I'm just asking as it's interesting to understand how hacking things develop.

I dunno, I'd say being able to sign things with a blank key is a pretty big flaw. ;)

Jery1

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hello friends
I recently found a wii in grandma's basement, it screams korean from the looks of it, but in the menu it says 3.2U ( it's hacked already) so i choose the 4.3K in modmii,can change this later to 4.3U or make it region free?

Homebrew Channel like this

http://imgur.com/JzApB0c

with the earth icon blinking ( connecting it to internet didn't do anything and promoted me with a system update which i refused) i think it's broken cuz nothing works maybe that's cuz i don't have a sd card ? (will buy one asap)

this is all i have in the menu

http://imgur.com/yOFnxDF

I have experience modding my 360 and ps3 ( nearly dogged bricking those) but have absolutely no experience with wii

i just want a simple way for it to run all the games (no extra BS) ,seems i have to update it to 4.3 and re-modd it or reinstall Homebrew Channel?
here's the setting i used for mod mii :

• Install and\or update all recommended softmods
  • Current System Menu is 3.XK
  • Desired System Menu is 4.3K
  • Install Photo Channel
  • Install Mii Channel
  • Install Shopping Channel (and IOS56)
  • Update active IOSs (can be disabled in options)
  • Do not Install a cMIOS (can be enabled in options)
  • Install a USB-Loader Forwarder Channel (can be disabled in options)
  • External Hard Drive already Formatted as Part FAT32 and Part WBFS
  • Download Configurable USB-Loader
  • USB-Loader Settings and config files saved to USB Hard Drive
Should i start hacking it like it wasn't hacked before from the MODMII guide or is there something else i should do?? (considering it's already hacked)??

LoserExtraordinaire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, it's the stupid kid who had the USB Loader GX issue a couple weeks back.

So now that USB Loader GX is working for me, I'm browsing for an external hard drive to put my image files on and I'm pretty set on getting this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expa...=8-3&keywords=USB+2.0+1TB+external+hard+drive - Seagate Expansion 1TB External Hard Drive, USB 3.0

I see in the USB Devices Compatibility List that this drive works with USB Loader GX, but I'm just a little skeptical so here's my question:
I did a SysCheck and IOS58 has USB 2.0 and IOS249 has d2x-v10-beta52, USB 2.0. All I'm seeing is USB 2.0 in my SysCheck, but even though that's the case will this USB 3.0 device that I'm planning to purchase be compatible with my Wii in its current state or do I have to change the IOS?

Sorry if I'm using the terminology incorrectly. My knowledge of the technical terms is very loose.

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, it's the stupid kid who had the USB Loader GX issue a couple weeks back.

So now that USB Loader GX is working for me, I'm browsing for an external hard drive to put my image files on and I'm pretty set on getting this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expa...=8-3&keywords=USB+2.0+1TB+external+hard+drive - Seagate Expansion 1TB External Hard Drive, USB 3.0

I see in the USB Devices Compatibility List that this drive works with USB Loader GX, but I'm just a little skeptical so here's my question:
I did a SysCheck and IOS58 has USB 2.0 and IOS249 has d2x-v10-beta52, USB 2.0. All I'm seeing is USB 2.0 in my SysCheck, but even though that's the case will this USB 3.0 device that I'm planning to purchase be compatible with my Wii in its current state or do I have to change the IOS?

Sorry if I'm using the terminology incorrectly. My knowledge of the technical terms is very loose.

No need to change the cIOS. You can use the d2x-v10 or d2x-v8 if you want.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello friends
I recently found a wii in grandma's basement, it screams korean from the looks of it, but in the menu it says 3.2U ( it's hacked already) so i choose the 4.3K in modmii,can change this later to 4.3U or make it region free?

Homebrew Channel like this

http://imgur.com/JzApB0c

with the earth icon blinking ( connecting it to internet didn't do anything and promoted me with a system update which i refused) i think it's broken cuz nothing works maybe that's cuz i don't have a sd card ? (will buy one asap)

this is all i have in the menu

http://imgur.com/yOFnxDF

Should i start hacking it like it wasn't hacked before from the MODMII guide or is there something else i should do?? (considering it's already hacked)??

Don;t start hacking it yet, if its hacked there are a few things you need to check first I think, sorry im not much more help than that.

I think the homebrew channel is like that because there is no SD card, normally if my mind serves me correctly, you need to put files on the SD card for them to show up, just like on the 3ds.

I will see If I can find the guide I used as it might help

Last edited by Hi-Dro,

Jery1

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Don;t start hacking it yet, if its hacked there are a few things you need to check first I think, sorry im not much more help than that.

I think the homebrew channel is like that because there is no SD card, normally if my mind serves me correctly, you need to put files on the SD card for them to show up, just like on the 3ds.

I will see If I can find the guide I used as it might help

What should i check ?
i also there's this site http://www.wiihacks.com/showthread.php?t=96886 which goes into a lot more details and it's the most updated guide i've found, the problem is that it divides all the part into small sections which makes it look like you're trying to a fire a missile, modmii has a lot less bs and it also provides all the files in one package

and there's also one problem with modmii, it downloads all the files (both sd and usb) into the sd card folder,usb folder is empty

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
@Jery1

you need to check is:

- check your serial number and determine if what region originally that console is from
- if its korean wii, then make sure to install 4.1 sysmenu , 4.2 or alter will just bring you a error 003 not unless certain IOS is patched properly. (just pick 4,1 just to be safe, there's no big update on 4.2 and 4.3 anyway, its just a anti piracy patch that bricks region changed korean wiis)

then after that download modmii and run it

use the non-skinned modmii (the DOS looking program).
choose wizard on the menu
its safe to assume that its the first time that you will be modding youre wii.
choose 3.x on current sysmenu
choose U
choose 4.1 as your upgrade path
choose all channels to be installed.
for custom theme, its all up to you, i just dont like any custom theme so i stick with the default
for usb loader, its up to you if you want to use that, but most people do say yes on this, but in my case i say no since I can deal with this later
then modmii will begin downloading the required files (in my case as I simulate this, its 55 items)
after that, modmii will open your default web browser and open up a guide how to mod your wii and at the same time modmii is downloading the files
after modmii finished downloading the files without error, type O and press enter to open the folder where the required files is located to soft mod your wii
copy that on a 2GB SD card, yes 2GB since youre running on 3.x sysmenu where SDHC card is not yet supported.
insert that on your wii and follow the guide the modmii generated and rehack your wii.

once wii is hacked, you can now search for usbloader GX and use that as your usb loader, cfg loader works but its out dated.

Reactions: Jery1

calania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I am using usbloader gx on my Wii and am thinking about installing the official forwarder but I have some small questions.
1.Which wad manager should I use?
2.I have heard some people say that you need ios 236 and some say that 249 works as good. Can I use ios 249?
3. Is installing the official forwarder dangerous and if so what could go wrong. I don't have any brick protection on my Wii because I have heard that some people's Wii got bricked after installing bootmii and after I have installed this wad I am not going to install anything else that could brick my system.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I am using usbloader gx on my Wii and am thinking about installing the official forwarder but I have some small questions.
1.Which wad manager should I use?
2.I have heard some people say that you need ios 236 and some say that 249 works as good. Can I use ios 249?
3. Is installing the official forwarder dangerous and if so what could go wrong. I don't have any brick protection on my Wii because I have heard that some people's Wii got bricked after installing bootmii and after I have installed this wad I am not going to install anything else that could brick my system.

You can use most any WAD manager and if you already have a custom IOS in 249 you should be able to use it to install the forwarder. It just requires an IOS that has the "ES_IDENTIFY" flag.

The official forwarder from the SourceForge repository is safe. It's bad channel banners that can cause a menu brick and that one has been used for years. Make sure you get the v5.1 one and the correct console version. There's one for the Wii and vWii. Installing the wrong one shouldn't cause a brick, it just won't run.

calania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can use most any WAD manager and if you already have a custom IOS in 249 you should be able to use it to install the forwarder. It just requires an IOS that has the "ES_IDENTIFY" flag.

The official forwarder from the SourceForge repository is safe. It's bad channel banners that can cause a menu brick and that one has been used for years. Make sure you get the v5.1 one and the correct console version. There's one for the Wii and vWii. Installing the wrong one shouldn't cause a brick, it just won't run.

Thanks! I just installed it and everything looks to be working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself