Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, and I tried the other port. It did the "Waiting on USB..." countdown. Once I switched it, it froze up like it does on the "Initialize USB..." part.

Try to set UBS Loader to IOS 58 if it's not set to it.... Not the game setting but USB Loader GX Startup setting. Just try to help you to find the problem... Maybe it's that...

Last edited by John_Ice,

LoserExtraordinaire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if d2x v8 works, then the port should be right. Anyway, switch back to v8.
check if your isos are not write protected and use Wiibackupmanager to verify the isos' SHA-1.
Try to set UBS Loader to IOS 58 if it's not set to it.... Not the game setting but USB Loader GX Startup setting. Just try to help you to find the problem... Maybe it's that...

Sorry for the late reply, I just got back from work.

So I was going to switch back to v8, but I just found out my USB drive is malfunctioning. It's not recognizable by my laptop. It became unreadable I guess before the v10-beta52 install for some reason. I always make sure to safely eject it, soooo I don't know why it's giving me issues right now...So as of right now, the v10-beta52 cIOS might have actually worked for me had my USB drive been working properly.

I'll try getting the drive working again, go through your solutions one by one, and I'll get back to you if it works...or doesn't.

Much appreciated.

Reactions: John_Ice

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
few more questions :)

1 Do i need to do some securing in case i run into some troll brew or other crap that might brick my console ? Dunno if it was wii or some other console that had stuff like this so i'm gonna ask just in case.
2. Cios - are the dependant on hack or smth ? I used letterbomb, which i think installed loadmii, then i backup nand, did syscheck hde and used file i got from it to get cioses and other stuff from modmii (was in a bit of a rush to check hw parts and i needed to mod it for that), so i'm guessing i have some base but would be useful to know in the future when i run into more trouble.

3. Anyone knows if there's a way to force gcn controllers in wii games ? Would love to be able to play taiko games with bongos >_<

Last edited by Ashtonx,

Ncromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm having a problem with AutoInjectuWad. It keeps saying that I'm having a CMD process running in the background while I checked my task manager etc looking for anything related to that and couldnt find it.

So this is my problem I get this error to close command prompt which I dont even have open.
Followed all instructions step by step but just keep ending up there.

A9F4t
http://imgur.com/a/A9F4t

Anyone any idea? would be appreciated

georgeguest250

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I hope i'm okay to post here.

I have a wii setup with 4.3e system settings on, I have installed the wii homebrew channel and want to get nintendont working or something which will play gamecube back ups, can anyone please help me I have gone through tutorial after tutorial and I never seem to get any apps to show in the homebrew channel. I have tried selecting to pick the apps up from my usb and also tried a memory card and nothing seems to load. Am I missing something , please please help me?

Thanks

terns21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I hope i'm okay to post here.

I have a wii setup with 4.3e system settings on, I have installed the wii homebrew channel and want to get nintendont working or something which will play gamecube back ups, can anyone please help me I have gone through tutorial after tutorial and I never seem to get any apps to show in the homebrew channel. I have tried selecting to pick the apps up from my usb and also tried a memory card and nothing seems to load. Am I missing something , please please help me?

Thanks

Homebrew channel is just step 1 of the whole softmodding process...you can't run backed-up games with it... follow this whole procedure

https://gbatemp.net/threads/setmiiup-from-stock-to-latest-softmod-in-less-then-5-10-minutes.459416/

scottw182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm finally getting around to modding my Wii. I remember reading that SD cards can be hit or miss. I'd prefer a larger size if possible, if that's where emulators/ROMs will need to reside. But, it seems like the larger sizes are the ones that start to have compatibility issues. Any recommendations? I found this chart but I'm not sure how accurate/up-to-date it is:

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests

Thank you.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm finally getting around to modding my Wii. I remember reading that SD cards can be hit or miss. I'd prefer a larger size if possible, if that's where emulators/ROMs will need to reside. But, it seems like the larger sizes are the ones that start to have compatibility issues. Any recommendations? I found this chart but I'm not sure how accurate/up-to-date it is:

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests

Thank you.

No greater than 64GB and no more than SDHC.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying i can use SDHC as my SD card? Coz its really hard finding SD card nowadays.

Yes, as long as you've updated to at least SM 4.0. Some game titles may not care that it's SDHC (like SSBB) but the console should work with any SDHC cards.

D

Deleted-351540

Alright, so a long time ago I modded my Wii. Its a white Wii, and a good one. I had taken very good care of it throughout its lifetime. I used it often. I always made sure to get up and power it off using the power button because the button on the remote would only put the Wii to sleep and that kept my external hard drive running in the background. I was pretty proud of my Wii until one day I turned it on and the only thing that happened was the disk drive flashed blue and the Wii black screened and would not go any further. None of my Wiimotes would sync or even find the Wii and my Wavebirds weren't being detected even though the dongle was plugged in.

I was pretty heartbroken, to be honest. I did some research and determined that the Bluetooth card was dead. I was young and probably smartly decided that I could not fix it at that time. So I regretfully put it away in the original box and placed it in the back of my closet. Fast forward a few (OK, around 2007) years and Wii generations/updates and I found my old Wii in my basement packed away in my old stuff from high school. I'm very surprised So I ordered a tri-wing screwdriver and a Bluetooth card and finally tore it down and replaced it. Success!! My Wii booted to a home menu and Wiimotes sync!

So, now I'd like to update my Wii. System version is already 4.3U, and I remember installing Priiloader and HackMii into boot2 (I think). I remember that I had a Wii that was desirable because something could be installed to boot# (where # is either 0, 1, or 2). I have USB Loader CFG and DIOS MIOS. I'd like to update everything to the latest versions as well as remove DIOS MIOS and replace it with Nintendont. Can someone give me a quick and dirty method to do all of this? I don't need my hand held, but I've been out of the Wii modding scene for so very long that I have no idea where to start.

Thanks!

LoserExtraordinaire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@LoserExtraordinaire Replace your IOS249 with d2x-v10beta52 and report back if it doesn't work still. Beta53 is not useful and any guide that recommends using it s wrong. ;)
if d2x v8 works, then the port should be right. Anyway, switch back to v8.
check if your isos are not write protected and use Wiibackupmanager to verify the isos' SHA-1.

Heeeey, I'm back. So I used one of my working USB drives to try out d2x-v10-beta52 in slot 249 and it works now~ Bye-bye, black screen.

Thanks so much for helping me out with such attentiveness to my issue.

I think I need to point this out though. When I used v8-final and came to the black screen after hitting 'Start' in USB Loader GX, my USB drives were in a constant state of transferring data so there was no safe way of dismounting the drive from the Wii. I just did a hard shutdown (holding the power button down until the light was red) and pulled out the USB drive.

I'm an idiot, I should've come to the conclusion that v8-final was not working for me in the first place, but I wanted to try it a second time and now I have two 16GB SanDisk Cruzer paper weights.

But everything seems to be resolved for me now. Thanks again. :)

Qaztec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I am a n00b in the homebrew world and I want to play a few games I just "bought" and need help. I have already gotten the files for almost everything ready so no links should be necessary ;)

Currently I an on 4.3U
Just installed Homebrew via LetterBomb (with hackmii)
Wouldn't mind reseting wii due to lack of well... anything useful currently on it.
All I really care about is playing these WII (and only wii) games i "bought"
Any help with setting up the wii would be apreciated
Cheers

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I am a n00b in the homebrew world and I want to play a few games I just "bought" and need help. I have already gotten the files for almost everything ready so no links should be necessary ;)

Currently I an on 4.3U
Just installed Homebrew via LetterBomb (with hackmii)
Wouldn't mind reseting wii due to lack of well... anything useful currently on it.
All I really care about is playing these WII (and only wii) games i "bought"
Any help with setting up the wii would be apreciated
Cheers

It may just be me, but could you be more specific on what you would like help on? (also why are you putting "bought" in quotation marks?)

skacz1908

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello,

first time n00b here.

my buddy accidentally did a system update because he wanted to play Driver, after that my my USB gx loader did not work, it attempted to load, went black and the famous exception DSI occured.

I was running on ver 4.3u before and after the update took place.

Any hope in recovery? FYI, homebrew still works perfectly.

Thanks

Last edited by skacz1908,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: can troll SylverReZ the following day :)