Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

YoNoNo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi and thanks for reading.

I have a question. I would like to see Netflix on my Wii but when I go to the WiiShop it wants me to update the shop, in order to do that it wants me to update the Wii itself. When I try to update the Wii I get error 32004 this is proberly because of the softmod I have in my Wii.

All I want is to see Netflix on the damn machine..

So is there a way where I can update the Wii OS and thereby the shop without destroying the soft mod OR is there a way to completely remowe the softmod.

What I know is that the Wii has software V.4.1E and there is installed softmod “Homebrew channel” witch updated it self today.

I am a “semi-geek” with computers and other stuff so I will be able to understand to most of the technical terms but please bear with me if I ask “stupid” questions along the process.

Hope you can help J

/Y

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hi and thanks for reading.

I have a question. I would like to see Netflix on my Wii but when I go to the WiiShop it wants me to update the shop, in order to do that it wants me to update the Wii itself. When I try to update the Wii I get error 32004 this is proberly because of the softmod I have in my Wii.

All I want is to see Netflix on the damn machine..

So is there a way where I can update the Wii OS and thereby the shop without destroying the soft mod OR is there a way to completely remowe the softmod.

What I know is that the Wii has software V.4.1E and there is installed softmod “Homebrew channel” witch updated it self today.

I am a “semi-geek” with computers and other stuff so I will be able to understand to most of the technical terms but please bear with me if I ask “stupid” questions along the process.

Hope you can help J

/Y
you probably have priiloader blocking updates (which is a good thing) you can simply update the shop channel by downloading the WAD for the latest shop channel from ModMii and installing it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Considering asking if I can buy the roommate's Wii since I've been here a few months and never seen it used. Just went and grabbed the serial off it.

driveinfo.png

Are both of those drive versions unable to play from disc, or is only one of them?

I don't actually care about discs since I have read that USB loading is much better, but I assume since it's so close to the disc cutoff that there's no way it has a vulnerable boot2 for easy brick recovery?

YoNoNo

Trophies
XP
Country
you probably have priiloader blocking updates (which is a good thing) you can simply update the shop channel by downloading the WAD for the latest shop channel from ModMii and installing it.
Could you guide me a bit more i have DL the ModMii but Cannot find anywhere in the prog. where i could DL the thing you mention..

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
load modmii , type "i agree" , pree 1 then enter , there you will see the list of available channels etc , choose you version eg : sh for euo/us shopping channel , then hit enter , then hit D and enter to proceed to the download page from there its obvious..

XenoScholar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I softmodded my Wii last year to play the Euro version of Xenoblade. I installed homebrew channel, Configurable USB Loader, and (from what I can remember) d2x cIOS installer and IOS236 Installer v6. I now want to install Ocarina or GeckoOS so I can play DKC: Returns with a classic controller.

Can someone inform me on how to do this? Will installing GeckoOS overwrite my other installs and prevent me from playing Xenoblade, or damage my Wii in any way? Is there a way I can put cheat codes (like these: http://www.pixlbit.com/news?action=showNewsArticle&newsArticleId=1037) into the setup I currently have without messing with the installation any? Thanks, I'm a complete noob when it comes to all the Wii modding options and don't want to ruin my current setup.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hi, I softmodded my Wii last year to play the Euro version of Xenoblade. I installed homebrew channel, Configurable USB Loader, and (from what I can remember) d2x cIOS installer and IOS236 Installer v6. I now want to install Ocarina or GeckoOS so I can play DKC: Returns with a classic controller.

Can someone inform me on how to do this? Will installing GeckoOS overwrite my other installs and prevent me from playing Xenoblade, or damage my Wii in any way? Is there a way I can put cheat codes (like these: http://www.pixlbit.com/news?action=showNewsArticle&newsArticleId=1037) into the setup I currently have without messing with the installation any? Thanks, I'm a complete noob when it comes to all the Wii modding options and don't want to ruin my current setup.
Gecko OS like any other homebrew you just download it and extract it onto your SD card in such a way that the boot.dol file ends up in a folder in the apps folder and then you run it through HBC.

You shouldn't need it, though. I think Configurable USB Loader can do everything Gecko OS can, including cheat codes, all by itself.

Reactions: XenoScholar

XenoScholar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great, thanks for the response. I googled putting codes into Configurable USB Loader and got the codes working, even on my disc copy. I had done some googling on the topic before but for some reason didn't come across this method. Anyway, don't have to mess with my install!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Rydian, you can update the console first with the official update if you like.
if it's already in v4.3 it will require a game to hack it anyway. (Edit: I guess I forgot which version was the last one. 4.3 can be hacked from letter bomb).

But like pwsincd said, you can update the shop channel manually after hacking the Wii.
You grab the shop Wad's package file and install it using a Wad manager.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know if the update changed some stuff while retaining the same menu version in the screens so I played it safe.

4.3 still has the mail exploit and that worked like a charm (after an SD format mishap), no game needed. Got a WAD manager and installed updated versions of the shop channel (and internet while I was at it, just because), and things seem to be working like a charm so far. Got basic mods and homebrew working.

I ordered a drive (a 320GB WD from the USB compatibility list), legit/used GC controller (god there's a lot of the same knockoff everywhere!), and a third-party memory card off amazon, hopefully they'll arrive within the next few days and I can do whatever steps I need to get to get retail games working.

YoNoNo

Trophies
XP
Country
load modmii , type "i agree" , pree 1 then enter , there you will see the list of available channels etc , choose you version eg : sh for euo/us shopping channel , then hit enter , then hit D and enter to proceed to the download page from there its obvious..

So now i have DL the shopping channel and installed it via MMM and it said all succes BUT!!! when i try to enter the shop i get an error #002.

What is this now?

somechris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember there's a max number of games allowed on emunand, but google is failing me. Does quantity not matter, just no greater than 512mb for the whole emunand?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I remember there's a max number of games allowed on emunand, but google is failing me. Does quantity not matter, just no greater than 512mb for the whole emunand?
On your real NAND the limit is 512mb. The only limit on emuNAND is the size of the partition it's on (and since it has to be FAT32, the biggest that partition can be is 2tb).

The system menu only has space for 47 channels at one time (12 per page x 4 pages - 1 disk channel) but there's no limit to how many can actually be installed. The system menu will just have to not show the extra ones if there are too many. A homebrew app meant to open channels (on real NAND or emuNAND) has no limit to it.

somechris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On your real NAND the limit is 512mb. The only limit on emuNAND is the size of the partition it's on (and since it has to be FAT32, the biggest that partition can be is 2tb).

The system menu only has space for 47 channels at one time (12 per page x 4 pages - 1 disk channel) but there's no limit to how many can actually be installed. The system menu will just have to not show the extra ones if there are too many. A homebrew app meant to open channels (on real NAND or emuNAND) has no limit to it.

So essentially there is no limit to the amount of VC/WiiWare games allowed on an emunand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-