Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Peldms63 said:
Hi. I'm trying to install a Virtual Console game on my Wii for the first time and I'm using Multi-Mod-Manager. The problem is that when I try to install Paper Mario, it doesn't work for some reason. I chose it for installation and start, but it just says it didn't install. Does anyone know what's wrong?
The problem is you are using a pirated copy.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Peldms63 did you patch your system ios and apply either Startpatch or Priiloader with all patches enabled ?
And use wad installer 1.7 and use ios236 to install

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
Tanveer said:
Got a simple question, how well does games run from USB stick(32GB).

I found cheap ones on ebay which claims this "* High speed Read & Write, maximum to 5-7mb/s".. that sounds quite slow lol.
Will games run fine from that?

Cheers
lol funny how this simple question got skipped. I need to order a USB stick so gonna ask it again.
Not bad i used a 16gb stick and it worked just fine but be careful though some are just to slow and wont show up. Really trial and error with USB sticks

Aether

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i've got my 4.3 euro Wii modded with ModMii. Before doing this I made a NAND backup.
Since I'm going to sell my Wii I would like to remove all traces.

What would be the easiest way to 'virginize' my Wii? (aka clean up/remove all traces)

louisoquinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys! I'm going to be getting a Wii later today and using ModMii to softmod it. This is my first time attempting to mod a Wii, so I'm pretty anxious about messing it up somewhere along the line. I'm good at following instructions at the very least, so ModMii sounds like a safe bet (even though the fact that it's not that current kinda scares me).

Anyway, getting to the point: I was planning on using Letterbomb to get the WHBC and follow after that point in the ModMii-generated guide. Is that a good idea, or should I be following the guide to the letter?

Thanks for any replies!

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
louisoquinn said:
Hey guys! I'm going to be getting a Wii later today and using ModMii to softmod it. This is my first time attempting to mod a Wii, so I'm pretty anxious about messing it up somewhere along the line. I'm good at following instructions at the very least, so ModMii sounds like a safe bet (even though the fact that it's not that current kinda scares me).

Anyway, getting to the point: I was planning on using Letterbomb to get the WHBC and follow after that point in the ModMii-generated guide. Is that a good idea, or should I be following the guide to the letter?

Thanks for any replies!
ModMii is very current. It's updated like once a month, and a new version is coming out pretty soon.

Btw, a lot of anti-virus programs are giving false positives for ModMii. This is not true, ModMii isn't infected in any way.

The current version of ModMii doesn't support Letterbomb (that's coming in the update), so right now you will have to install the HBC first, then create a guide with ModMii.

louisoquinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JoostinOnline said:
ModMii is very current. It's updated like once a month, and a new version is coming out pretty soon.

Btw, a lot of anti-virus programs are giving false positives for ModMii. This is not true, ModMii isn't infected in any way.

The current version of ModMii doesn't support Letterbomb (that's coming in the update), so right now you will have to install the HBC first, then create a guide with ModMii.

Thanks for the quick reply! Just for shits and giggles I created a guide with ModMii to see what I was up against. I just selected the Smash Bros hack when it got to that step. Would it be OK to do the Letterbomb exploit and then skip directly to step number 2 (Making a NAND backup), or will that in some way shag things up?

Sorry for being overly cautious about this, I just wanna be absolutely sure this isn't going to be a complete headache. I've modded PSPs countless times, but it seems modding a Wii is just complicated enough to make me nervous. XD

Again, much thanks in entertaining my neurosis!

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
louisoquinn said:
JoostinOnline said:

Thanks for the quick reply! Just for shits and giggles I created a guide with ModMii to see what I was up against. I just selected the Smash Bros hack when it got to that step. Would it be OK to do the Letterbomb exploit and then skip directly to step number 2 (Making a NAND backup), or will that in some way shag things up?

Sorry for being overly cautious about this, I just wanna be absolutely sure this isn't going to be a complete headache. I've modded PSPs countless times, but it seems modding a Wii is just complicated enough to make me nervous. XD

Again, much thanks in entertaining my neurosis!
Lol, you have nothing to apologize for. You can go ahead and use the guide, just make sure you don't skip the NAND backup. With that, you can recover from any brick that isn't hardware related.

ModMii is VERY safe, so don't worry about that.

borgmanjayce

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've now got a new problem in that I tried to use Priiloader, but for some reason it wouldn't let me select any commands either via the console itself or using the Wii Remote and Nunchuck.

I reset the console to try and use the Yu-Gi-Oh! exploit (the one that I used when originally modding my EU Wii) but now the cursor isn't showing up on the System Menu screen at all!
hate2.gif

Also, I don't know which WAD I need to use if I want to play the latest games like Xenoblade Chronicles (EU), so if anyone can help me with my new problems, I'd be very grateful.

BIGWORM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a weird issue with BootMii. My Blue LED on the Wii flashes, which indicates that BootMii is installed, but I don't ever see it pop up, nor have I for some while. I've checked to make sure the necessary files were on the SD card, which they are, and I modified the ini file to boot straight to HBC, which is does. I told BootMii, through the ini, to boot delay for 5 seconds, but that did nothing. I've tried installing it over and over again through hackmii v0.8 (latest), but nothing.

Am I missing something?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
BIGWORM said:
I've got a weird issue with BootMii. My Blue LED on the Wii flashes, which indicates that BootMii is installed, but I don't ever see it pop up, nor have I for some while. I've checked to make sure the necessary files were on the SD card, which they are, and I modified the ini file to boot straight to HBC, which is does. I told BootMii, through the ini, to boot delay for 5 seconds, but that did nothing. I've tried installing it over and over again through hackmii v0.8 (latest), but nothing.

Am I missing something?
Does it flash once or twice?

BIGWORM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
BIGWORM said:

Am I missing something?

Flashes once. Weird thing, I had BootMii working perfectly fine before, and had backed up my NAND a while ago (a year?). I'm not sure what would make it not show up all of a sudden.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
BIGWORM said:
JoostinOnline said:
BIGWORM said:

Am I missing something?

Flashes once. Weird thing, I had BootMii working perfectly fine before, and had backed up my NAND a while ago (a year?). I'm not sure what would make it not show up all of a sudden.
That means it isn't installed. If you updated to 4.2 or above, that would explain bootmii (both forms) being erased. 4.2+ were only designed to kill homebrew.

Does it say you are able to install it as boot2?

Papay

Trophies
XP
Country
How do I upgrade my current Configurable USB Loader v52 to v70? Do I have to just extract the files and overwrite? I bought my Wii years ago and it's softmoded already. I haven't used it much not until now and I feel like upgrading the current Configurable USB Loader.. Thanks!

BIGWORM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
BIGWORM said:
JoostinOnline said:
BIGWORM said:

Am I missing something?

That means it isn't installed. If you updated to 4.2 or above, that would explain bootmii (both forms) being erased. 4.2+ were only designed to kill homebrew.

Does it say you are able to install it as boot2?

Hackmii does say I'm able to install it as boot2. Downgrade possible? Links?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Papay said:
How do I upgrade my current Configurable USB Loader v52 to v70? Do I have to just extract the files and overwrite? I bought my Wii years ago and it's softmoded already. I haven't used it much not until now and I feel like upgrading the current Configurable USB Loader.. Thanks!
If it's that old, it's better to delete both "SD:\usb-loader\" and "SD:\apps\USBLoader\", then replace them with the ones from the one here.

There have been some huge improvements in homebrew over the past couple years, so you might consider updating your cIOS's to the following:
202[60]v5.1 rodries mod
222[38]v4
223[38+37]v4
224[57]v5.1 rodries mod
249[56] d2x v6
250[57] d2x v6

Make sure you use those versions. Do a google search for the installers. You could also use ModMii to download them all as wad files and install them with a wad manager.

QUOTE(BIGWORM @ Aug 20 2011, 07:42 PM) Hackmii does say I'm able to install it as boot2. Downgrade possible? Links?
You don't need to downgrade. Try deleting your bootmii folder, then re-installing bootmii (both versions).

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been out of the scene for a while and need to update someone's Wii. What is the best version of d2x and wiiflow to use? Are there any other major cIOS updates within the last few months?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol