Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got a simple question, how well does games run from USB stick(32GB).

I found cheap ones on ebay which claims this "* High speed Read & Write, maximum to 5-7mb/s".. that sounds quite slow lol.
Will games run fine from that?

Cheers

xLAKITUx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. SO. 1st post. Everyone seems really helpful on these forums so I'm hoping you can help me out.

I modded my 4.3U wii for the first time the other day using the letterbomb exploit. I first went ahead and installed HBC and then installed bootmii as a boot2 (My wii is 1st generation). I backed up my NAND files, copied and pasted them onto my lappy for safe keeping.

1st question - should I also have installed bootmii as an IOS??

OK, then using the complete soft mod guide as reference, I installed the IOS236 installer to re-enable the trucha bug.

After that, I installed Waninkoko's cIOS.
I did these steps: Install IOS 236->into root 38? (i think)->IOS 250

I'm not entirely sure if I even did that cIOS step correctly because it's a little too technical for me-I was just blindly following online guides. I started reading the forums on here and everyone reccommends I just use modmii.

What I want to do is enable my wii to run backup loaders and usbloader with the least amount of problems as possible. Do I need to remove the cIOS tinkering I did? What is my next step? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

xLAKITUx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly does modmii do?

It seems to me that I already went through the preliminary steps w/ Bootmii, HBC, installing IOS236, installing a cIOS

Will modmii erase over all this progress and start over? All I really want is updated cIOS, a good backup launcher and a good usb loader.

Does modmii have everything I need? I know this seems really noobish, but this is my 1st foray into any type of homebrew. I really kinda just need this spelled out for me.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
bootmii as an IOS no need if you have bootmii as a boot2It's still good to have both of them installed, and it's not like it hurts anything. I think that Bootmii as IOS is actually faster at backups (but I haven't timed it, so I can't be sure). Besides, the latest version of hackmii installs it in the background anyway.

QUOTE(xLAKITUx @ Aug 19 2011, 10:19 AM) What exactly does modmii do?

It seems to me that I already went through the preliminary steps w/ Bootmii, HBC, installing IOS236, installing a cIOS

Will modmii erase over all this progress and start over? All I really want is updated cIOS, a good backup launcher and a good usb loader.

Does modmii have everything I need? I know this seems really noobish, but this is my 1st foray into any type of homebrew. I really kinda just need this spelled out for me.
Don't feel embarrassed, it's good to ask questions instead of blindly running into this.

ModMii is a PC program that generates a guide and downloads the necessary files for hacking your Wii, based on options you select. Choose "ModMii Wizard + Guide" to begin. Even though you have already hacked your Wii, go ahead and say your Wii is a virgin so everything will be updated. During the process, you will be asked if you want to set up a USB loader - say yes. Make sure you choose Configurable USB Loader. It has the best compatibility and stability. The other options are up to you.

borgmanjayce

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Apologies for what may probably be a stupid question.

The thing is, I haven't updated my Wii's system software in quite a few months and I bought a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles today which requires a system update.

What's the safest way of updating the system software while keeping the Homebrew Channel and various related stuff.

According to Multi-Mod Manager's Wii System Information, the System Menu is v4.3 on IOS80 (Whatever that is)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the minimum u need to do to fix the problem is install priiloader and enable the block updates system menu hacks. However, if ur missing that, ur probably missing other things. I recommend you use ModMii to resoftmod your Wii (which will help u install priiloader and system menu hacks)... follow Joostin's advice in the post above yours
biggrin.gif

borgmanjayce

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
the minimum u need to do to fix the problem is install priiloader and enable the block updates system menu hacks. However, if ur missing that, ur probably missing other things. I recommend you use ModMii to resoftmod your Wii (which will help u install priiloader and system menu hacks)... follow Joostin's advice in the post above yours
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the asssist!
yaywii.gif
Out of curiosity, would it help if I still had the game that I used to do the softmod with originally (which I still do)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
borgmanjayce said:
XFlak said:
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the asssist!
yaywii.gif
Out of curiosity, would it help if I still had the game that I used to do the softmod with originally (which I still do)
Unless you downgraded, then yes.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
borgmanjayce said:
I've tried to use ModMii but for some weird reason my anti-virus software is claiming that the modmii.exe file is a trojan plus it won't work on 64-bit Windows 7 at all.
It works fine on Windows 7 64-bit. The trojan thing is a false positive. Temporarily disable your AV and install it.

borgmanjayce

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JoostinOnline, I deactivated and reactivated my anti-virus software (AVG) but now it's saying that patchIOS.exe is a Threat!

It's saying that the Threat name is "Trojan horse Dropper.Generic4.THN" and as a result, it's preventing the files from being accessed!

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
borgmanjayce said:
JoostinOnline, I deactivated and reactivated my anti-virus software (AVG) but now it's saying that patchIOS.exe is a Threat!

It's saying that the Threat name is "Trojan horse Dropper.Generic4.THN" and as a result, it's preventing the files from being accessed!
Can't you tell it to ignore patchIOS.exe? I promise you it's not a threat. XFlak is still trying to work around these false positives.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tanveer said:
Got a simple question, how well does games run from USB stick(32GB).

I found cheap ones on ebay which claims this "* High speed Read & Write, maximum to 5-7mb/s".. that sounds quite slow lol.
Will games run fine from that?

Cheers
lol funny how this simple question got skipped. I need to order a USB stick so gonna ask it again.

borgmanjayce

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
borgmanjayce said:

Can't you tell it to ignore patchIOS.exe? I promise you it's not a threat. XFlak is still trying to work around these false positives.

I've tried to do that, but it insists on removing access to the files concerned although it doesn't seem to have any problem with the other files being downloaded.

I confess I had no problem when I modded my Wii the first time using ModMii on my Win7 32-bit laptop (although I was using a different AV at the time)

EDIT:I've decided to deactivate it temporarily until all the files are fully downloaded.

XFlak, I want to say "Thanks" for creating a great piece of software like ModMii and I hope that the next version does finally fix the problems with the false positives.

Peldms63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I'm trying to install a Virtual Console game on my Wii for the first time and I'm using Multi-Mod-Manager. The problem is that when I try to install Paper Mario, it doesn't work for some reason. I chose it for installation and start, but it just says it didn't install. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +1