Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Masterblaster002

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi im very new here and I need your Advice on something.

I already have a Wii (White) with 4.1E which i modified about 8 months ago. It went perfect.

I have now recieved a Red Wii with 4.3U firmware and i would like to modify this one as well.

I read i have to modify this Wii with a certain Game. I am thinking about using the Indiana Jones Lego but really dont know the pros and contras compared to the other choices i have.

Anyway im living in Germany and would only be able to access (buy) the European Game of this. Would this work as well as the US Game ? Or do i really need the US Game in order to modify the 4.3U (i have read that with the 4.3U i cannot run foreign games).

Would it be easier /better to downgrade the Firmware to 4.2U and then use the Banner Bomb solution?

Thanks

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Masterblaster002 said:

I already have a Wii (White) with 4.1E which i modified about 8 months ago. It went perfect.

I have now recieved a Red Wii with 4.3U firmware and i would like to modify this one as well.

I read i have to modify this Wii with a certain Game. I am thinking about using the Indiana Jones Lego but really dont know the pros and contras compared to the other choices i have.

Anyway im living in Germany and would only be able to access (buy) the European Game of this. Would this work as well as the US Game ? Or do i really need the US Game in order to modify the 4.3U (i have read that with the 4.3U i cannot run foreign games).

Would it be easier /better to downgrade the Firmware to 4.2U and then use the Banner Bomb solution?

Thanks
You need to use a US game, you can use lego inidiana jones, yu gi oh or super smash bros brawl. Why do you have a US wii?

You cannot downgrade the firmware without hack btw.

Masterblaster002

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FIX94 said:
Masterblaster002 said:

Thanks
You need to use a US game, you can use lego inidiana jones, yu gi oh or super smash bros brawl. Why do you have a US wii?

You cannot downgrade the firmware without hack btw.

hmm..then i guess this is going to be impossible due to the fact that he is more then likely not going to have the US Game. The Reason i have a US wii (red) is because im an American living in Germany and i have the Wii from a fellow Friend of mine who is in the Service. He saw how my Wii works and asked me to mod his as well... Do you know if any of those games are like Multi - like the same disk is for US/Europa ? What other possiblility do i have?

Take care

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Masterblaster002 said:
hmm..then i guess this is going to be impossible due to the fact that he is more then likely not going to have the US Game. The Reason i have a US wii (red) is because im an American living in Germany and i have the Wii from a fellow Friend of mine who is in the Service. He saw how my Wii works and asked me to mod his as well... Do you know if any of those games are like Multi - like the same disk is for US/Europa ? What other possiblility do i have?

Take care

region is only us , only europe

Masterblaster002

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And if the Wii is with 4.3U then after the hack it can only run US games , is this true?

Could someone please give me the UPC number , then i guess my best bet would be to check ebay.com for a copy.

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.

I have not modded my Wii myself. But I have an SD-card cluttered with stuff, and I would like to delete some stuff from it.

In my SD-root, is a /config directory, where some files/directories connected to USB-loader GX seems to be placed. Although, I uninstalled GX a couple of days ago, those files seems to not have let go? I wonder what files should be in the SD:/Config directory? There are also HBC.wad and Dop-Mii.cfg in this directory. Can someone explain this directory and what files should be in there? What files are ok to delete from it?

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
sd:\apps - it is your main directory
sd:\bootmii - it is your backup

Thanks for your input. But you would like to read my question in my post again?

What exactly is my sd:\config that I have, that harbors for example hbc.wad and dop-mii.cfg, and files that clearly connects with USB Loader GX (that I have uninstalled)? What files are ok to delete?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper