Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had my Wii softmodded for about a year now, and I was just putting the .wad on it for the new netflix channel, and it decided to get corrupted some how. Awesome. Truth be told, I never really know what's going on with my Wii in terms of modifications, so I'm just wondering what I should do now. The HBC is installed, but obviously since nothing is on my SD card, nothing appears in the HBC. Would the best method to be to delete everything and use ModMii? That looks like an easy route to use.

Also will I be able to play ISOs that are burned to DVDs still? I have NeoGamma installed which I use for that.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dwight said:
I've had my Wii softmodded for about a year now, and I was just putting the .wad on it for the new netflix channel, and it decided to get corrupted some how. Awesome. Truth be told, I never really know what's going on with my Wii in terms of modifications, so I'm just wondering what I should do now. The HBC is installed, but obviously since nothing is on my SD card, nothing appears in the HBC. Would the best method to be to delete everything and use ModMii? That looks like an easy route to use.

Also will I be able to play ISOs that are burned to DVDs still? I have NeoGamma installed which I use for that.
don't have to delete anything...just load modmii and answer questions honestly....

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
Dwight said:

don't have to delete anything...just load modmii and answer questions honestly....
Good to know, sounds like a sick piece of software.
But turns out my SD card wasn't corrupted. Yesterday there were no files on there but I looked at it today and everything was back, and I installed the channel with ease. Weird lol

fastvan67

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.. I have read and read.. So far I am still at a loss. I only own a couple games and I am trying to find out how to hack my Wii wither either what I have or can it be done without the use of a game? The 3 games I found mentioned, I don't have. Do I have to buy one of them to do any hacks? My system has never had anything done to it other than original updates. It is a 4.3u.
Speak to me like a child, lol

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fastvan67 said:
Ok.. I have read and read.. So far I am still at a loss. I only own a couple games and I am trying to find out how to hack my Wii wither either what I have or can it be done without the use of a game? The 3 games I found mentioned, I don't have. Do I have to buy one of them to do any hacks? My system has never had anything done to it other than original updates. It is a 4.3u.
Speak to me like a child, lol
Sorry, but because you're on 4.3, currently, the only way to hack you wii is with one of the games. You can probably rent one, or ask a friend, you only need it once (unless you do something to delete the homebrew channel, and dont have a forwarder installed)

Once you get one of the 3 games I would recommend using modmii to hack the wii.

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I just registered to ask a question and I guess this would be a good place to do it.

I have a modded Wii running 4.1U, I have BootMii installed on Boot2 (I think, its been over a year since I've modded it.) I also have a NAND backup from before I modded it, if that helps. Anyway, my question is how do I go about "updating" all of the mods I have installed? I am using a very old version of BootMii and I think... Starloader? I forget it what it was called to be honest. I also have some custom IOS files installed, and I am sure there are newer versions available of such. I think I have the trucha bug fix IOS. As well as cIOScorp but I think it's a really old version though, since I think they renamed it to DarkCORP. I use that to run my backups (yes I own them) from the disc channel. Anyway, my question is, How do I go about making sure my Wii is fully "updated" with all the correct IOS files and such without actually using the official Wii update and remodding from scratch? Is there an easy way to verify, fix, restore and update cIOS files, as well as "uninstall" specific ones, or to see which unofficial IOS files my console has and restore them to the originals?

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
it is safe
Hopefully this works "for dummies" because I have zero idea what I am doing at the moment. XD I'm sort of just following what it says on the screen and hoping I am doing it right.

Will this uninstall things such as the old version of cIOScorp and any other cIOS I may have installed already? What about since I already have BootMii installed and Priiloader installed, will it just update those or will those cause a problem?

Sorry if I'm asking too much, I just don't want to brick this thing.

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have ran into an issue.

The generated guide from ModMii says:

"Load Multi-Manager Mod (MMM) via the HomeBrew Channel.
If IOS236 is not already loaded, select "Load another IOS", then select IOS236"

Default selected IOS is IOS61 (the same one that Homebrew Channel used by default). If I select the "Load another IOS" option, I do not have IOS236 installed according to MMM. It also seems to say that I do not have IOS58 installed either, which it says Homebrew Channel should be using instead of IOS61.

What do I do from here? I am missing IOS58 and IOS236 from the looks of it...

EDIT: While I was initially running ModMii on my PC before it downloaded the SD card data, the first option it asked me was rather or not my Wii was modded already. I selected yes instead of no, could this have something to do with it telling me to install on an IOS that I don't have? Did the Wii mods previously (a year and a half ago or so), not require these IOS and not install them? Should I start over and run ModMii and say my Wii is unmodded, or is that a bad idea?

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
install 236 and update 249
I found the option to install IOS236 and IOS58 in MMM, thank you!

Now I just need to figure out how to update NeoGamma (currently I have R7) and cIOSCorp (I don't know if this is still installed, I didn't see anything about it uninstalling) to the newest DarkCORP version.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
neogamma is here

XFlak said:
well, darkcorp is not supported by modmii, any problems related to darkcorp should be asked in the darkcorp thread, not ModMii's. I've recently heard other people having similar problems to yours... so rest assured ur not the only one... but I'm not sure what is causing the problem.

If u must play games off of a backup disc then I recommend u just use neogamma. U can even install a system menu channel for it if u don't like launching it via the HBC, and if u prefer, there is an autoboot version kicking around that will just boot the game straight away without taking u to the neogamma menu first.

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
neogamma is here

XFlak said:
well, darkcorp is not supported by modmii, any problems related to darkcorp should be asked in the darkcorp thread, not ModMii's. I've recently heard other people having similar problems to yours... so rest assured ur not the only one... but I'm not sure what is causing the problem.

If u must play games off of a backup disc then I recommend u just use neogamma. U can even install a system menu channel for it if u don't like launching it via the HBC, and if u prefer, there is an autoboot version kicking around that will just boot the game straight away without taking u to the neogamma menu first.
Which problem is he referring to with darkcorp? I am in the process of downloading DarkCORP v1.1 at the moment, so if theres a critical issue caused from that I may want to avoid using it. Though I really do prefer having backups load from the disc channel directly. I am also guessing I can always use ModMii to revert any changes I have done again too right? So... it never hurts to try?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1