XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@zizer, if u have HBC v1.08, it will remain in place if u do an update. However, your cIOS249 will be stubbed, your bootmii @ boot2 will be overwritten if its not already @ v4 (if applicable) and if you are currently on firmware LESS than 4.3, priiloader will be uninstalled (if applicable).

So is it safe? Yes
Is it a pain in the ass? Yes
Would I do an official update if i were u? No

@Clydefrosch, I have no idea what your talking about... what's "connection embassador"?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Um, its some kind of assistance program from nintendo thats available in australia and europe.

Basically, you "help" someone else to get their wii online, they enter your wii code in their wii, you enter theirs, registering each other as helper and helpee and nintendo awards both people 500 Points for the shop.

every wii can only register one helper, and theres a 30 day limit for every wii from the moment it first enters the wii shop to register someone as helper.

due to the possibility of getting free points, this thing has gotten really out of hand, with people spaming forums and youtube and twitter to find people who just got a new wii.

Also, theres 2 bonuses for helping 10 people, you get to download every NES game, thats developed by Nintendo (for example mario bros, but not Castlevania, which belongs to konami) and for "helping" 20 people, you get the same bonus, just for N64 and SNES games as well, for free.

Thats quite a lot of good games.
Im right now at 19 people, so im just one away from loads of free and good VC games (also another 500 points)

Thing is, theres no way for nintendo to check if you actually had to help someone going online, or if they did that alone. So people just pair up and scout for new owners and stuff.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
@zizer, if u have HBC v1.08, it will remain in place if u do an update. However, your cIOS249 will be stubbed, your bootmii @ boot2 will be overwritten if its not already @ v4 (if applicable) and if you are currently on firmware LESS than 4.3, priiloader will be uninstalled (if applicable).

So is it safe? Yes
Is it a pain in the ass? Yes
Would I do an official update if i were u? No

@Clydefrosch, I have no idea what your talking about... what's "connection embassador"?

thanks , than i choose modmii

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Adrikan said:
Is it possible to edit a .N64 save so it can be used on the Wii's virtual console, and if so, does anyone know how?
Yes! Give me the n64 save and the save from the virtual console game, you can get the game save when you are opening the options - data management - save data - wii, select the save and copy to sd, a folder called private- wii - title - will be created with a data.bin inside, upload it with the n64 save and I will insert it.

Cubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm enjoying Goldeneye with USB loading through Neo Gamma. However, after several hours of playing, the game froze and I had to restart the Wii. Why? I recently installed cios 249 rev 17 which considerably reduced the amount of freezing. I thought it had gone away but apparently not. It seems to me that USB loading doesn't ever get perfect.. at least not for me =( Always freeze at some point. Any clues on what to do?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cubed said:
I'm enjoying Goldeneye with USB loading through Neo Gamma. However, after several hours of playing, the game froze and I had to restart the Wii. Why? I recently installed cios 249 rev 17 which considerably reduced the amount of freezing. I thought it had gone away but apparently not. It seems to me that USB loading doesn't ever get perfect.. at least not for me =( Always freeze at some point. Any clues on what to do?
Sounds like a drive problem... Please try it with configurable usb loader, maybe it will work better!

rikuumi

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
A one more question.. My Wii is kinda old and it has 3.2 (E) FW if I recall ( I can't check it atm because my power cord is broken) and it has been hacked with Twilight hack and it has a homebrew channel but not any brick-protection or anything so I'm asking if I update to 4.2 it WON'T brick my console and it wipes all the previous "hacking data" and I can start by a clean a table?

Thaanks

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rikuumi said:
A one more question.. My Wii is kinda old and it has 3.2 (E) FW if I recall ( I can't check it atm because my power cord is broken) and it has been hacked with Twilight hack and it has a homebrew channel but not any brick-protection or anything so I'm asking if I update to 4.2 it WON'T brick my console and it wipes all the previous "hacking data" and I can start by a clean a table?

Thaanks
No Brick Protection!!!!??! ....why not?...if you have 3.2, then you can most certainly have bootmii/boot2. before updating, i would at least install that and create yourself a NAND backup....then you have nothing to worry about.
if you're wanting to go to 4.2, you'll have to do it via a guide (like modmii or the modify any wii sticky) as any official update will take you straight to 4.3....and any good guide will have you creating a NAND backup as part of the initial process anyhow....

Brimah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I softmodded my wii to backup games onto a USB drive, but having a slight issue. I used http://gwht.wikidot.com/for-dummies as my guide and seemed to work great til I tried Lego Star Wars Complete Saga. When I tried to load it, it would just go to a blank screen. I then tried loading it normally using the disc, and gave me an error saying it was unable to read the disc.

I then tried another game, Dawn of Discovery, which loads fine from USB, but does not load via disc (Similar error to star wars). To try a 3rd, I tried twilight princess, which loaded by disc and usb... so not sure what the issue is.

I installed Homebrew Channel (As well as bootmii and made a backup), IOS236, IOS249, Hermes' IOS222/223, and Configurable USB loader.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brimah said:
Hello, I softmodded my wii to backup games onto a USB drive, but having a slight issue. I used http://gwht.wikidot.com/for-dummies as my guide and seemed to work great til I tried Lego Star Wars Complete Saga. When I tried to load it, it would just go to a blank screen. I then tried loading it normally using the disc, and gave me an error saying it was unable to read the disc.

I then tried another game, Dawn of Discovery, which loads fine from USB, but does not load via disc (Similar error to star wars). To try a 3rd, I tried twilight princess, which loaded by disc and usb... so not sure what the issue is.

I installed Homebrew Channel (As well as bootmii and made a backup), IOS236, IOS249, Hermes' IOS222/223, and Configurable USB loader.

if you do sysCheck it can help

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
rikuumi said:
Do they work on full speed even after compressing?
WBFS files are not compressed, there are only that small because the unneeded space is simply removed, so it's on full speed.

Brimah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
Brimah said:

if you do sysCheck it can help

sysCheck GX v1.0.0 by Erik Spyder
sysCheck GX is running under IOS58 (rev 6176).
Console ID: 131185293.
Region: NTSC-U.
Hollywood v0x21.
Boot2 v4.
System Menu v513 (4.3U).
BC v6.
MIOS v10.
Found 101 titles.
Found 34 IOS and 16 IOS Stubs on this console.
IOS 3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS 4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS 9 (rev 1034)
IOS 10 (rev 768) Stub
IOS 11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS 12 (rev 526)
IOS 13 (rev 1032)
IOS 14 (rev 1032)
IOS 15 (rev 1032)
IOS 16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS 17 (rev 1032)
IOS 20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS 21 (rev 1039)
IOS 22 (rev 1294)
IOS 28 (rev 1807)
IOS 30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS 31 (rev 3608)
IOS 33 (rev 3608)
IOS 34 (rev 3608)
IOS 35 (rev 3608)
IOS 36 (rev 3608)
IOS 37 (rev 5663)
IOS 38 (rev 4124)
IOS 40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS 41 (rev 3607)
IOS 43 (rev 3607)
IOS 45 (rev 3607)
IOS 46 (rev 3607)
IOS 48 (rev 4124)
IOS 50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS 51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS 52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS 53 (rev 5663)
IOS 55 (rev 5663)
IOS 56 (rev 5662)
IOS 57 (rev 5919)
IOS 58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS 60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS 61 (rev 5662)
IOS 70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS 80 (rev 6944)
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS247 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS248 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS249 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, NAND Access
IOS254 (rev 65281)
Report generated on 2011-01-09.

This is what it gives me... guess I will do some reading, but if anyone knows the issue, please let me know, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Cubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
Cubed said:
Sounds like a drive problem... Please try it with configurable usb loader, maybe it will work better!
Thanks for the tip. I tried with CFG loader, but no luck.. however, I discovered that this is not a random freeze. It occurs at the same moment every time: during the intro video to the third mission.
the Barcelona mission
I tried with countless of USB loaders. So what are your thoughts.. could very well be a drive problem as you said. Or maybe the wrong cios? You guys have to help me save the world from the evil Bond villains!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper