Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

denclock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modmii gets stuck when downloading the files, not when the application is loading. I don't have an issue using it, it just keeps getting stuck. I would really like to not have to update the wii firmware if I don't have too, as 3.4u has been stable for me. I like using discs, and I haven't tried loading from usb or hdd, but it may come to that at some point.

Thanks for the reply person66.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wannawanna said:
Can anyone give me a quick breakdown on wads? What exactly are they? Furthermore, what do they have to do with wiiware/vc? Thanks guys- just trying to educate myself and couldn't find any posts explaining the basics

wads are a container for a "title". a title can be a channel ( like the mii channel ), an IOS, the system menu, ect. they contain encrypted data along with certs and tickets and whatnot. everything needed to install a given title is in the wad. on you can find official wads in the update partition on a wii game. i dont think there are ANY official WiiWare/VC wads. those are used strictly for piracy. but there is nothing about a wad that is required for piracy, it is just the format somebody decided to use to wrap up the pirated games and it has stuck.

this is probably due to the fact that you can install official wads and unofficial wads all with the same tool.

also note that tools like NUS downloader are able to pack a wad from stuff downloaded from the update servers, but this still is not an official file.

neswii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krestent said:
neswii said:
im very new at this and i am just wondering what i have to do to get the system update to play black ops on my wii.
it was a 4.3u
i smash stacked to get homebrew
then i downloaded a file group and it put all the usb loaders and other files on it.
im lost from there.

Run it through Neogamma, or install the game to your USB loader

QUOTE(DJ_OPI @ Jan 3 2011, 01:49 PM) I have a small question, I'm on a 4.2E softmodded wii.

Lets say if I download a online play game ie. Black Ops, will I be able to multiplay with the other players?

They can't find out that your Wii is modded unless you cheat.

thats the problem i have usb loader gx and when i click the load disk it just pops up for a sec. and goes away. so i went to usb loader and ripped it onto the hard drive and now when i click to play it it frezes at the loading screen

wannawanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you giantpune! I was getting caught up with the wiiware being in wads and labeling everything like that and was afraid all wads were pirating (was afraid to install lol). Thanks again

snaglopski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
snaglopski said:
When starting up Homebrew Channel, I get the scam warning and then the Wii freezes with the warning on the screen.
I think UNEEK is incredible and would really like to use it, but I am really at a dead end here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
So you copied the ticket from a backup of your real NAND right? How long have you waited at the scam screen? (it happened to me once, I had to wait a few minutes for it to continue)

It could also be your USB drive, I've tried 4 different drives, and all had different results when trying to get the homebrew channel (and other things) to work. So try it with a different drive, or just with regular sneak on an sd card and see if the problem is still there.
Thanks for the response, I copied the ticket from my BootMii NAND backup as the guide instructed.
I have tried this on one USB hard drive and one USB flash drive using uneek, and also with sneek on two different SD cards (1GB and 2GB standard SD, not SDHC). I always get the same results, I wait for over twenty minutes and it still sits at the scam screen.

RoniPunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not really new to Softmod I have done softmod for over a year and I am sure it is changed alot but i have never had this happen.

So my friend tried to softmod and I guess he messed up. So he brought it to me. He had BootMii as Boot2 that is the great thing. The bad thing is that I can not get to Homebrew Channel or load System menu.

I am not real sure on what System menu he was on, He says 4.2U.

Sometimes it will boot to Homebrew Channel but once I do one thing and I try to reboot the Channel freeze.

What can I do to fix this?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u have a nand backup, u could just restore it and that is the easiest solution.

If u don't have a nand backup, 1st make one in case u accidentally make things worse trying to fix it. then put the bootmini.elf from the hackmii installer on your sd card, and load it from bootmii's sd menu. Then use it to reinstall your HBC and bootmii itself (bootmii needs to be updated otherwise it wont be able to load the new HBC), then you should be able to access the HBC and fix w/e the underlying problem is (ie. reinstall 4.2U system menu)

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@RoniPunk

In the hackmii package there should be a file called bootmini.elf

Put it on the root of your sd card and start with the 3rd icon.

Reinstall the homebrew channel. Make a NAND Backup.

Once you have access to HBC load up a wad manager.

Install:
IOS70 v6687.wad
System_Menu_v4.2.wad

You should now be set to mod your wii.
Use
This Application
or
This Guide

EDIT: LOL XFlak beat me too it.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend's 4.2U wii is being asked to update black ops (wiiflow r304 IOS224, loaded using IOS249-[57]-v20) even though priiloader 0.4 is set to block disc and online updates. something else he missed?

edit: just realized this may be better suited for Backup Loaders forum, move if necessary.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wants to update while connecting to online multiplayer. my friend wasn't sure if this was safe to do so he canceled it.

RoniPunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
If u have a nand backup, u could just restore it and that is the easiest solution.

If u don't have a nand backup, 1st make one in case u accidentally make things worse trying to fix it. then put the bootmini.elf from the hackmii installer on your sd card, and load it from bootmii's sd menu. Then use it to reinstall your HBC and bootmii itself (bootmii needs to be updated otherwise it wont be able to load the new HBC), then you should be able to access the HBC and fix w/e the underlying problem is (ie. reinstall 4.2U system menu)

Thanks, he made a NAND backup when he install Hackmii. So we have tried to recover the NAND.

We tried the bootmini.elf but we are getting just a green screen?

Anything else we could try?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
snaglopski said:
person66 said:
snaglopski said:
When starting up Homebrew Channel, I get the scam warning and then the Wii freezes with the warning on the screen.
I think UNEEK is incredible and would really like to use it, but I am really at a dead end here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
So you copied the ticket from a backup of your real NAND right?
How long have you waited at the scam screen? (it happened to me once, I had to wait a few minutes for it to continue)

It could also be your USB drive, I've tried 4 different drives, and all had different results when trying to get the homebrew channel (and other things) to work. So try it with a different drive, or just with regular sneak on an sd card and see if the problem is still there.
Thanks for the response, I copied the ticket from my BootMii NAND backup as the guide instructed.
I have tried this on one USB hard drive and one USB flash drive using uneek, and also with sneek on two different SD cards (1GB and 2GB standard SD, not SDHC). I always get the same results, I wait for over twenty minutes and it still sits at the scam screen.
What version of the HBC are you trying to install? If it's 1.0.8 that could be the problem, try 1.0.7 that's what I have on my SNEEK NAND right now and it works fine.

SteelNitrous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hate2.gif
Alright guys, heres the deal. I have a Wii with a solderless D2Pro, I updated to firmware 4.2u and now it will not play any PAL back ups. How do I fix this so I can play PAL backups once again? Do I have to downgrade to 4.1u?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SteelNitrous said:
hate2.gif
Alright guys, heres the deal. I have a Wii with a solderless D2Pro, I updated to firmware 4.2u and now it will not play any PAL back ups. How do I fix this so I can play PAL backups once again? Do I have to downgrade to 4.1u?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
You can downgrade, or you could just install priiloader and enable the region free hacks

SteelNitrous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I have to load priiloader each and every time I wanted to play a game? Or would I just have to do it once and it would work from that point on? And if its just a one time install, how do I install it, and set the region free option up?

Dimesyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I read that it is customary to introduce yourself when entering these forums so that I don't just jump into a thread out of left field. I have a newly modded Wii running 4.3U. It is an older Wii that I bought new within a couple months of launch. I used ModMii and selected Virgin Wii to soft mod it using Lego Indiana Jones. I have CFG USB Loader installed and it is working great but I also would like to play gamecube backups. I understand that it is only possible to play gamecube backups through backup discs and not USB loading (yet?). I have been doing a lot of reading to this goal, but I am not certain exactly how to achieve this with my current setup. I would like to use Neogamma (because I understand this is the best for GC backups and ModMii) but I do not know what Modmii exactly installed during the soft mod in terms of patched IOS's and stuff. If I need to install a patched IOS which one is most compatible with Modmii? And which slot would I install it to? And would this impede any functions of the Config USB loader? and I think I would need a patched Mios to run the gamecube backups and I don't know which one to use and how or where to install that. I'm sorry for my noob questions, I have been doing my best to understand, I just need a bit more help. If I am off on anything please correct me. Also since I only have a vague idea of the steps to do this, a list of everything I would need and maybe how to do it would be really great, but I'm not trying to be greedy, any info would be immensely appreciated. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O i3? o........................................k
    Both of mine are i5's lol
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.