Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bobdigi84 said:
cloud33092 said:
bobdigi84 said:
so im trying to get to get the usb loader working with my 320gig hard drive, and i started the loader out of the usb channel, and the screen says:
[+] Mounting device, please wait...
(30 seconds timeout)

and it's been at this for 15 minutes now. Do i keep waiting or did it freeze? none of the wiimote buttons do anything by the way

what type of usb loader are you using?
are you using the usb port that is closet to the edge?
did you format the HDD to WBFS?
black screen for 15mins means it probably froze

I am using the usb port closest to the edge i havent done the partition because im not sure what size one i should do, and i believe the usb loader is 1.5

you have to partition part or all of the drive to wbfs to play iso or ciso off the HDD
What I would recommend is 120gb for wbfs and leave the 200gb for fat - 120gb wbfs is enough space for games

Im running a 1TB WD-HDD (300gb for wbfs and the rest is for fat).. using neogamma R7 and configurabe usb loader v45

rolloverminutes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I burned Valhalla Knights on a dvd+r but I changed the book type . I use neogamma and the game starts to work. The cd stops spinning and says please refer to the instruction booklet. Can someone help me?

mark350

Trophies
XP
Country
Currently running SoftMii v2.1.1
Most games work through the disk channel - the few that don't work run ok when booted from NeoGamma channel.

What is the best way to bring my Wii up to date - Mainly thinking of USB harddrive support so I can clear the game boxes out of the way

Cheers

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rolloverminutes said:
Ok I burned Valhalla Knights on a dvd+r but I changed the book type . I use neogamma and the game starts to work. The cd stops spinning and says please refer to the instruction booklet. Can someone help me?
QUOTE(longtom1 @ Oct 23 2009, 09:29 PM) use -R's never had a problem with them

You can always try ejecting then putting back the disc. I seem to get a disc error like that at the beginning of Muramasa: The Demon Blade and this always works. I do have a couple games in +R that work fine but -R's are always recommended.

cloud33092

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rolloverminutes said:

try burning the backup at a lower speed 3x
dvd-r discs are recommonded

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i need some help with the preloader. I installed .30 & now I cant boot to the system menu because my IOS70 isn't ES_Diversify patched. When i try to boot from the HBC to the System menu it return me to the preloader aswell. I tried using DOP-IOS MOD, but when i choose IOS70 it says,

"Are you sure you want to install IOS36 v3094?

Apply Sig Hash Check patch to IOS36?

Apply ES_identify patch to IOS36?"

then it goes of and gets the TMD, Ticket, but then says

"ES_Decrypt returened -1017

it then tries to download all 15 content ID's, but fails due to a Hash BAD error?

What IOS's am i supposed to install how am i to patch my IOS70 if DOP-IOS MOD doesnt work. I cant find Free the bug so im kinda lost. For all i know i probably have more than one bad IOS. btw im on 4.2

bobdigi84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ninjamodz.com
XP
Country
United States
cloud33092 said:
bobdigi84 said:
cloud33092 said:
bobdigi84 said:
so im trying to get to get the usb loader working with my 320gig hard drive, and i started the loader out of the usb channel, and the screen says:
(30 seconds timeout)

and it's been at this for 15 minutes now. Do i keep waiting or did it freeze? none of the wiimote buttons do anything by the way

I am using the usb port closest to the edge i havent done the partition because im not sure what size one i should do, and i believe the usb loader is 1.5

you have to partition part or all of the drive to wbfs to play iso or ciso off the HDD
What I would recommend is 120gb for wbfs and leave the 200gb for fat - 120gb wbfs is enough space for games

Im running a 1TB WD-HDD (300gb for wbfs and the rest is for fat).. using neogamma R7 and configurabe usb loader v45

okay so when i want to put a game's ISO on the hard drive it has to go on the WBFS part? cuz i think FAT wont take a file that is bigger that 4 gb.
and now i have to install cios's on the the harddrive like the wii?

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bobdigi84 said:
cloud33092 said:
bobdigi84 said:
cloud33092 said:
bobdigi84 said:
(30 seconds timeout)

okay so when i want to put a game's ISO on the hard drive it has to go on the WBFS part? cuz i think FAT wont take a file that is bigger that 4 gb.
and now i have to install cios's on the the harddrive like the wii?
wbfs manager will only load the wbfs formatted partition so just do that
but you dont need to install the cios on the HDD its impossible anyway

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
greenarcher02 said:
do i need to update to 4.1U for me to play wii sports resort through usb loader cfg40?

i have a korean wii converted to 3.2U

thanks...
nope not at all but you will need to use the alternate dol method to get it working

MDMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Noob question here again... is there any way to avoid booting (or showing the menu) bootmii when you turn on your console? I know there's many ways on Preloader but haven't found one on bootmii yet.
Thanks

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
MDMaster said:
Noob question here again... is there any way to avoid booting (or showing the menu) bootmii when you turn on your console? I know there's many ways on Preloader but haven't found one on bootmii yet.
Thanks
rename/move the bootmii folder on the SD card

MDMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Whoops right, and it doesn't load when you remove the sd card either, forgot to mention that
biggrin.gif

The question actually was: is there any 'option' to avoid booting it. But I guess you already answered it anyway, tee hee
smile.gif

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Just a n00b/quick question: if Preloader can be uninstalled by reinstalling the System Menu through AnyRegion Changer and/or WAD Manager, how can I uninstall the StartPatch hacks? I mean, is it safe to uninstall them with the app? Are there remaining residues?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MDMaster said:
Whoops right, and it doesn't load when you remove the sd card either, forgot to mention that
biggrin.gif

The question actually was: is there any 'option' to avoid booting it. But I guess you already answered it anyway, tee hee
smile.gif

Another option is to use the bootmii configuration editor app or to just manually edit the bootmii.ini file yourself. You can set it to autoboot the HBC or the system menu and adjust the bootdelay to however many seconds you want it to stay at the bootmii menu without any input before autobooting or set it to 0 for directly autobooting.

QUOTE(PabloACZ @ Oct 24 2009, 08:44 AM) Just a n00b/quick question: if Preloader can be uninstalled by reinstalling the System Menu through AnyRegion Changer and/or WAD Manager, how can I uninstall the StartPatch hacks? I mean, is it safe to uninstall them with the app? Are there remaining residues?

I believe NANDClean can take care of that.

MegaShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
NOOB Question

How can i update my wii to 4.1u

My Wii is
Korean
3.2u
has modchip
w/ duplicate channels
Also has a backup loader
w/ HBC

I want to update because i want to bypass the updates from new games..

sebastian9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple of questions. Thanks to anyone who can help.

I installed preloader on my 3.3u wii and would like to remove it since I have bootmii installed as boot2. How would I do this safely?

With my current wii menu version(3.3u) is it possible for me to use the USB 2.0 installer in conjuction with a usb loader in order to play my wii backups?

I have WAD Manager 1.5 and to the best of my knowledge this is used to create wii channels where you can launch apps directly from the wii menu instead of doing it through the homebrew channel. Is this correct?

Thank you once again.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
sebastian9 said:
I have a couple of questions. Thanks to anyone who can help.

I installed preloader on my 3.3u wii and would like to remove it since I have bootmii installed as boot2. How would I do this safely?

With my current wii menu version(3.3u) is it possible for me to use the USB 2.0 installer in conjuction with a usb loader in order to play my wii backups?

I have WAD Manager 1.5 and to the best of my knowledge this is used to create wii channels where you can launch apps directly from the wii menu instead of doing it through the homebrew channel. Is this correct?

Thank you once again.

1. Reinstall the System Menu WAD. Then, use the NandClean from Davi92 to completely delete the residues.
2. USB 2.0 Installer? Do you mean that one from Kwiirk? No. You have to install the Waninkoko's cIOS or the Hermes' cIOS 222/223. Anyway, the answer is "yes".
3. Nope. It is used to install/uninstall WAD's (files that contain information for the Wii, such as System Menus, IOSs, and Channels). Obviously, you can modify these files up to the point where you can create channels of injected apps and VC games (this ones don't work at all).

QUOTE(MegaShadow @ Oct 24 2009, 08:05 PM) NOOB Question

How can i update my wii to 4.1u

My Wii is
Korean
3.2u
has modchip
w/ duplicate channels
Also has a backup loader
w/ HBC

I want to update because i want to bypass the updates from new games..

Let's continue on your thread, meh...

Thanks again, nabster,
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work