Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
KennethNL said:
Hey all!

I'm trying to get the USA release of Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics to work on my PAL Wii. I used to have an app for the homebrew Channel which loaded the game (black background menu with green text), but I accidentaly deleted the app. Does anybody know what that app (probably a loader of some kind..) is called or if there's an other app voor HC which loads the newest Wii games (the one I'm talking about also loaded Wii Sports Resort..)?

Thanks a mega-bunch!
That sounds like neogamma
Why would you get the us version?

Shadow's Wra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadow's Wrath said:
Eh, I'll try the HackMii Installer version of DVDx to see if there's any difference....

Did what I said I'd do. And something odd happened.

When I went back to the apps I had on my Homebrew Channel, the DVDx Installer wasn't there.

This means one of two things for me.

1. The HackMii installer did DVDx's job FOR it and made it so my Wii can now play burned DVDs.

or

2. The installation failed utterly and didn't install DVDx Installer as an app.

and lets not forget option "3", that being "I'm an idiot who doesn't know what the hell he's doing."

:/

Help, please.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shadow's Wrath said:
Shadow's Wrath said:
Eh, I'll try the HackMii Installer version of DVDx to see if there's any difference....

Did what I said I'd do. And something odd happened.

When I went back to the apps I had on my Homebrew Channel, the DVDx Installer wasn't there.

This means one of two things for me.

1. The HackMii installer did DVDx's job FOR it and made it so my Wii can now play burned DVDs.

or

2. The installation failed utterly and didn't install DVDx Installer as an app.

and lets not forget option "3", that being "I'm an idiot who doesn't know what the hell he's doing."

:/

Help, please.

Are you talking about playing burned dvd MOVIES or burned GAMES?

Games require a cIOS and backup loader like cIOS rev14 and NeoGamma R7.

For media, I didn't use dvdx at all so you can just run the hackmii installer and uninstall that if you want to. Then run Hermes' latest cIOS installer (v4) and have it install IOS60 merged with IOS38 to IOS202 and that should be enough for mplayer CE.

AndrewREvil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
AndrewREvil said:
I'm gonna say my troubles again, but with some news:

I use:

- cIOS 38 rev 14
- FW 4.2u
- Gecko 1.07b / SoftModChip

Problem:

My SSBB is not working... people say i got to reinstall rev 13a/b, but the downgrader doesn't work (i get a black screen) and the WadManager displays an error message when i try to delete cIOS 249 (1011) or another error message (1017) when i'm trying to install the old one...

softmodchip says "Error! Can't Open Partition"

AllTitle Delete didn't work too, it displays the "ret 102" (no ticket) message when i'm trying to delete the cios...

and there's another problem: when i'm using all of these programs, i can't open then as IOS 222/223/249/250 - the wii freezes - so i hav to use 36/37/38/.../70. I don't if there's a relationship, but that's it...

I've tried both PAL and NTSC DVDs of SSBB, and i use DVD5, not DVD9.

Both PAL and NTSC worked fine with Gecko before installing "cIOS 30 rev 14", so i tried to delete it with all programs i found, but it didn't work with any...

the only thing i can do is a wii format, but there are people saying that the problem will persist...

please, HELP ME, I LOVE THIS GAME!

i really hav no ideas about what to do now... i accept any suggestion...

sorry for bothering you this way...

thanks

Edit: i've also tried bannerbomb, but it didn't work... it says the program can't be launched by my wii...

there's another problem... everything i do using ios 249/222/223/250 comes to freeze my wii... wad manager and all the cIOS installers freeze when i try to use those ios in instalation... when i try opening neogamma/ios downgrader, i get a black screen!! there's no way i can uninstall 249/222/etc. for trying a reinstall, i've tried EVERYTHING... i'm thinking of doing a wii format, but i wanna know: will it solve my problem??

please heelp, any suggestion is already great!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AndrewREvil said:
AndrewREvil said:

I use:

- cIOS 38 rev 14
- FW 4.2u

Problem:

My SSBB is not working... people say i got to reinstall rev 13a/b, but the downgrader doesn't work (i get a black screen) and the WadManager displays an error message when i try to delete cIOS 249 (1011) or another error message (1017) when i'm trying to install the old one...

AllTitle Delete didn't work too, it displays the "ret 102" (no ticket) message when i'm trying to delete the cios...

and there's another problem: when i'm using all of these programs, i can't open then as IOS 222/223/249/250 - the wii freezes - so i hav to use 36/37/38/.../70. I don't if there's a relationship, but that's it...

Both PAL and NTSC worked fine with Gecko before installing "cIOS 30 rev 14", so i tried to delete it with all programs i found, but it didn't work with any...

the only thing i can do is a wii format, but there are people saying that the problem will persist...

thanks

Edit: i've also tried bannerbomb, but it didn't work... it says the program can't be launched by my wii...

there's another problem... everything i do using ios 249/222/223/250 comes to freeze my wii... wad manager and all the cIOS installers freeze when i try to use those ios in instalation... when i try opening neogamma/ios downgrader, i get a black screen!! there's no way i can uninstall 249/222/etc. for trying a reinstall, i've tried EVERYTHING... i'm thinking of doing a wii format, but i wanna know: will it solve my problem??

Have you tried following the 4.2 section of xzxero's guide in the stickies already?

AndrewREvil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
nabster92 said:
AndrewREvil said:
AndrewREvil said:

I use:

- cIOS 38 rev 14
- FW 4.2u

Problem:

thanks

Have you tried following the 4.2 section of xzxero's guide in the stickies already?

Yes, i've tried, but when i'm in AnyTitleDelete part, i can't delete cIOS 222, 223, 249 and 250 - i get ret -102 error...

I've followed the guide step by step, but i'm getting this error.

If you have an idea about what the problem is, please tell me. And thanks for your help ^^

Edit: when i open the Any Title Delete, it displays some error messages:

" Ticket delete failed (No ticket?) -102

Error! IFSF_Delete (ret -102)

Pulling Sysmenu TMD...Error! IFSF_Delete (ret = -102)
Reading TMD failed!
Error! ES_OpenContent (ret = -1017)
Region detection failure! 0
Conf region: 1 "

And when I try to delete those cIOS, first i get this message:

"Error! IFSF_Delete (ret -106)"

And then I choose yes"(Y)" to delete, but i get then the following message:

"Ticket delete failed (No Ticket?) -102
Error! IFSF_Delete (ret -102)"

That's all, hope it helps - and thanks again! Please help

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AndrewREvil said:
Yes, i've tried, but when i'm in AnyTitleDelete part, i can't delete cIOS 222, 223, 249 and 250 - i get ret -102 error...

I've followed the guide step by step, but i'm getting this error.

If you have an idea about what the problem is, please tell me. And thanks for your help ^^

Edit: when i open the Any Title Delete, it displays some error messages:

" Ticket delete failed (No ticket?) -102

Error! IFSF_Delete (ret -102)

Pulling Sysmenu TMD...Error! IFSF_Delete (ret = -102)
Reading TMD failed!
Error! ES_OpenContent (ret = -1017)
Region detection failure! 0
Conf region: 1 "

And when I try to delete those cIOS, first i get this message:

"Error! IFSF_Delete (ret -106)"

And then I choose yes"(Y)" to delete, but i get then the following message:

"Ticket delete failed (No Ticket?) -102
Error! IFSF_Delete (ret -102)"

That's all, hope it helps - and thanks again! Please help

Are you sure you did the trucha bug restorer step properly and installed all patches to IOS36 and then chose to use IOS36 in AnyTitleDeleter?

ndnprince23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished modding my wii with Bannerbomb....everything went perfect, im on version 4.0U

so what do i do next? i'm completely lost now
wtf.gif

qwerqwert1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Point me in the right direction.

Trying to update my wii, havn't touched this thing in 6 mo and I am lost with regards to updating it.

Used twilight hack to install homebrew channel. System is 3.3

recently updated homebrew channel 1.0.6, have IOS 36 v4.18

Where do i begin if I want to update to 4.2 or newer + apps?

ndnprince23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using this tutorial http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890

to fully softmod my wii...

i got to the point where i need to install the "PreLoader" but when i went to go do this it said that V0.29 has an update to v0.30

I pressed update and now its been at "download changelog...." for like 6 minutes, I AM on wifi.

I just want to confirm if anybody had a wait this long before? or what should i do just wait a little longer, i mean i wouldn't even know what to do if i wanted to go back

PLEASE HELP!!!!

ndnprince23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so about 20 minutes later i restarted my wii because "download changelong...." wouldn't go away...

then when i went back to the HBC, there are 2 icons one is for "cIOS38r14 installer" the one below it is "/apps/PreLoader/boot.dol" when I load it, it takes me to the "preloader v0.29 Installer(Mar 31 2009 14:33:34)"

I press "1"

then it has a bunch of words like "boot" and such, it goes away quite quickly

then i get to the menu i have listed below with the results I get...

When I press "Systemmenu" i get "couldn't find hacks.ini. neither on FAT nor on NAND."
When I press "Hombrew Channel" I get "Error autobooting HBC. Maybe Title not installed?"
When I press "Installed File" I get "Error autobooting file. try reinstalling! Could not open file!"
When I press "Load/install" I get "No SD found" - but i do have it in there.
When I press "Systemmenu Hacks" I get "couldn't find hacks.ini. neither on FAT nor on NAND."

"Settings" seems like the only one to be working lol

Under Settings:
Autoboot: Disabled
Return to: preloader
Shutdown to: off
Stop disc: off
show beta updates: off
light slot on error: off
ignore standby setting: off
system menu IOS: 60

CAN I GET SOME HELP!
blink.gif

Oh yea also when I sometimes click "Wii Menu" it takes me back to that preloader menu i mentioned above...you know the one with white writing but green highlighting!!

marnold013

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am brand new to this stuff and had a couple of questions I was hoping someone could answer for me.

1. Once I softmod my wii, how much upkeep is there to keeping it current? Is it something I have to update every week or a couple times a month or is it pretty much do it once then don't have to worry about it anymore?

2. Do more games work on DVD backups or a hard drive by USB? I've got a old 60 gb hard drive that I'm not using so I could use that if it was a better option than DVD's.

Thanks for your responses!!

xmudkipx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im going to buy a wii tomorrow , but im just wondering what i need besides the system itself too hack it too play burnt discs(like what size sd card and if i still need zelda) , and maybe some help doing this , i dont really know anything but what the homebrew channel is , so any help/steps is appreciated!

Simm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, I'm getting ready to banner bomb my sisters Wii, because were afraid to upgrade it to 4.2 because she doesn't want to take the chance in it getting bricked, and we had homebrew on it before but she decided to delete it.

I'm running 3.2 or 3.3 I cant check at the moment, but for what I'm going to do it shouldn't matter much. I'm going to try to upgrade the shop channel so we can get the internet channel. If I upgrade the IOS to upgrade the shop channel will I also be able to use the internet channel? I'm going to use WiiSCU .22, but is there a better way to do it? If in the end we do attempt to update to 4.2 would BootMii increase the chance of bricking?

Sorry this question is sort of long, if it wasn't for my sister I wouldnt care, but she has 3 kids and they're all internet addicts and my sister doesn't get the fact that the internet channel might not work the way she thinks it will.

Thanks for any tips or suggestions.

greenarcher02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
greenarcher02 said:
razorback78 said:
read the rules my friend...no asking on where to get wad/isos for games. btw...you have a rom why not load it with snes9xgx and check also on the wii emulation discussions.
wink.gif

@greenarcher: if you will not play wii sports resort, you may not need to upgrade to 4.1. the 4.1 is just a fix for that game.

i'll play wii sports resort as soon as i get WM+... but i'll be playing it through my HDD using usb loader cfg40.... is that possible? and do i need to update to 4.1?

i have korean wii converted to 3.2U BTW.....

thanks again

i'll be posting this again since i'll be getting my WM+ soon (or so my cousing promised)

and, does wii sports resort work on usb loader cfg40?

thanks again...

bobdigi84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ninjamodz.com
XP
Country
United States
so im trying to get to get the usb loader working with my 320gig hard drive, and i started the loader out of the usb channel, and the screen says:
[+] Mounting device, please wait...
(30 seconds timeout)

and it's been at this for 15 minutes now. Do i keep waiting or did it freeze? none of the wiimote buttons do anything by the way

cloud33092

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bobdigi84 said:
so im trying to get to get the usb loader working with my 320gig hard drive, and i started the loader out of the usb channel, and the screen says:
(30 seconds timeout)

and it's been at this for 15 minutes now. Do i keep waiting or did it freeze? none of the wiimote buttons do anything by the way

what type of usb loader are you using?
are you using the usb port that is closet to the edge?
did you format the HDD to WBFS?
black screen for 15mins means it probably froze

bobdigi84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ninjamodz.com
XP
Country
United States
cloud33092 said:
bobdigi84 said:
(30 seconds timeout)

what type of usb loader are you using?
are you using the usb port that is closet to the edge?
did you format the HDD to WBFS?
black screen for 15mins means it probably froze

I am using the usb port closest to the edge i havent done the partition because im not sure what size one i should do, and i believe the usb loader is 1.5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge