Hacking Noob here, question about loading games onto separate USB hard drive

treeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read so many "guides" on this site that I don't know what to do anymore.

Background: I successfully used the Wii U guide to put CBHC on my Wii U. Had an issue getting the WUP Installer to show up on my Wii U homescreen, but I think its fixed now (found a WUP Installer channel download that seems to work).

Did the USB Helper workaround from reddit, can see a bunch of backups of my old games.

Have a 2TB external hard drive ("HDD") ready to go for the Wii U.

1. How do I get these backups onto my HDD?

Is the preferred way still downloading from the USB Helper program on a PC, then put the downloaded game folder(s) onto my SD card (I think in the "install" folder?)? And then run the WUP Installer channel to install the game to the Wii U home screen, choosing "USB" as the save destination?

2. So I still have to do this (my SD card is 32gb) for each game that I want? (or multiple if the game files are small enough)? Is there not a way to dump a bunch of games onto my HDD and then plug it into my Wii U to load them?

3. Are there any other programs I need other than the ones mentioned here?

4. And as for my HDD, do I just plug it into the Wii U and let the Wii U format it, that's all?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've read so many "guides" on this site that I don't know what to do anymore.

Background: I successfully used the Wii U guide to put CBHC on my Wii U. Had an issue getting the WUP Installer to show up on my Wii U homescreen, but I think its fixed now (found a WUP Installer channel download that seems to work).

Did the USB Helper workaround from reddit, can see a bunch of backups of my old games.

Have a 2TB external hard drive ("HDD") ready to go for the Wii U.

1. How do I get these backups onto my HDD?

Is the preferred way still downloading from the USB Helper program on a PC, then put the downloaded game folder(s) onto my SD card (I think in the "install" folder?)? And then run the WUP Installer channel to install the game to the Wii U home screen, choosing "USB" as the save destination?

2. So I still have to do this (my SD card is 32gb) for each game that I want? (or multiple if the game files are small enough)? Is there not a way to dump a bunch of games onto my HDD and then plug it into my Wii U to load them?

3. Are there any other programs I need other than the ones mentioned here?

4. And as for my HDD, do I just plug it into the Wii U and let the Wii U format it, that's all?
1. It's the only way, unless you feel like using Loadiine (don't)
2. No
3. The HBL channel would be useful if you don't already have it.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to really get into it theres a version of mocha that will recognize fat32. This would work as an alternative for installs only. Youd need two HDs. One that acts as an installer for games and one thats formatted by the wii u to install them. Pain in the ass if you ask me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: https://garticphone.com/en/?c=0013ff1238