Hacking Noob here, question about loading games onto separate USB hard drive

treeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read so many "guides" on this site that I don't know what to do anymore.

Background: I successfully used the Wii U guide to put CBHC on my Wii U. Had an issue getting the WUP Installer to show up on my Wii U homescreen, but I think its fixed now (found a WUP Installer channel download that seems to work).

Did the USB Helper workaround from reddit, can see a bunch of backups of my old games.

Have a 2TB external hard drive ("HDD") ready to go for the Wii U.

1. How do I get these backups onto my HDD?

Is the preferred way still downloading from the USB Helper program on a PC, then put the downloaded game folder(s) onto my SD card (I think in the "install" folder?)? And then run the WUP Installer channel to install the game to the Wii U home screen, choosing "USB" as the save destination?

2. So I still have to do this (my SD card is 32gb) for each game that I want? (or multiple if the game files are small enough)? Is there not a way to dump a bunch of games onto my HDD and then plug it into my Wii U to load them?

3. Are there any other programs I need other than the ones mentioned here?

4. And as for my HDD, do I just plug it into the Wii U and let the Wii U format it, that's all?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've read so many "guides" on this site that I don't know what to do anymore.

Background: I successfully used the Wii U guide to put CBHC on my Wii U. Had an issue getting the WUP Installer to show up on my Wii U homescreen, but I think its fixed now (found a WUP Installer channel download that seems to work).

Did the USB Helper workaround from reddit, can see a bunch of backups of my old games.

Have a 2TB external hard drive ("HDD") ready to go for the Wii U.

1. How do I get these backups onto my HDD?

Is the preferred way still downloading from the USB Helper program on a PC, then put the downloaded game folder(s) onto my SD card (I think in the "install" folder?)? And then run the WUP Installer channel to install the game to the Wii U home screen, choosing "USB" as the save destination?

2. So I still have to do this (my SD card is 32gb) for each game that I want? (or multiple if the game files are small enough)? Is there not a way to dump a bunch of games onto my HDD and then plug it into my Wii U to load them?

3. Are there any other programs I need other than the ones mentioned here?

4. And as for my HDD, do I just plug it into the Wii U and let the Wii U format it, that's all?
1. It's the only way, unless you feel like using Loadiine (don't)
2. No
3. The HBL channel would be useful if you don't already have it.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to really get into it theres a version of mocha that will recognize fat32. This would work as an alternative for installs only. Youd need two HDs. One that acts as an installer for games and one thats formatted by the wii u to install them. Pain in the ass if you ask me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty I had a NDS long ago, but L and R broke very fast.
    My sister had a N3DS XL and it suffered the same fate.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl the L button barely worked at all in the dsi i previously had
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my dad bought me a dsi identical to that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could be an easy fix without even opening it with some ipa maybe unless the entire button broke
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds games are best played on a DS emulation is fine but having actual hardware is better obviously
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or N3ds/2Ds
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or most "gimmicky" consoles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for
    +1
    Wii U is also great.
    For DS games.
    Also, 3DS games through NTR streaming on Wii U.
    It's very cool.
    Even playable.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can have main game on big screen and touch lay out on wiiu tablet I can see that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to...