Tutorial NOOB friendly guide to Downgrading your 3DS (From FW <10.7!!)

Didja downgrade successfully from 10.4/10.5/10.6 ?

• O3ds yes

Votes: 137 41.6%
  • O3ds no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • New 3DS yes

Votes: 128 38.9%
  • New 3DS no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • I'll wait until yls8/smea releases an entrypoint for me

Votes: 73 22.2%

• Total voters

Paul Ik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I did everything, but how do i solve this ?

Attachments

• 12833356_1144222105589100_1350584120_n.jpg
    12833356_1144222105589100_1350584120_n.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 219

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
I did everything, but how do i solve this ?
Redownload the CIA pack, this time maybe from a different site.

it seems even if you downgraded successfully on a n3ds, you would still want to check that the process was "complete":
Will add this on the main page.
EDIT: Added.

Last edited by Salamencizer,

darrin41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use old 3ds files for your new 3ds?
I have warned y'all about that error. You are the third person who installed the wrong CIAs. Can't help, srry :(
I have a o3ds not. New 1 so i wrote the new cia to o3ds by mistake its ny fault ,i thought i had a n3ds without checking

sannisunster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, so..

I got an:
· o3dsxl 10.6 (vanilla)
and a:
· n3ds (brewed) 9.2 sysnand, 10.6 emunand

I got smash and could also acquire ninja or oot, if that makes things easier.

I would like to brew the o3dsxl too. Can I make this work?
From what I gathered just putting in ninja + a prepared sd is not enough on 10.6?

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a o3ds not. New 1 so i wrote the new cia to o3ds by mistake its ny fault ,i thought i had a n3ds without checking
Thats why youre meant to use safesysupdater to check. Let this be a lesson thou who shalt see it. All is not lost the though look into a hardmod or send it to someone to get it fixed (not nintendo they might switch it)

Last edited by TheDarkGreninja,
Reactions: Salamencizer

Nak123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, sorry I'm still new to this,

What exactly do you mean by entry point when you say "3. Start homebrew using your entrypoint"

Also, I'm trying to meet all the requirements before following the instructions, I'm on the website https://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php But I don't exactly understand the instructions, I don't have a initalize save data option, I'm on 10.4 on a n3ds.

And, on the website https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-safesysupdater.409392/ There seems to be to attached files, can anyone tell me the difference between the 3dsx one and the cia one?

And when backing up my data, do i just copy everything in the ds from the PC browser or is there some other option? and for formatting it do I use the "format system memory" option or just delete everything from the PC browser?

Thanks, I'm just trying to be really careful and not mess up my console.

Last edited by Nak123,

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, sorry I'm still new to this,

What exactly do you mean by entry point when you say "3. Start homebrew using your entrypoint"

Also, I'm trying to meet all the requirements before following the instructions, I'm on the website https://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php But I don't exactly understand the instructions, I don't have a initalize save data option, I'm on 10.4 on a n3ds.

And, on the website https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-safesysupdater.409392/ There seems to be to attached files, can anyone tell me the difference between the 3dsx one and the cia one?

And when backing up my data, do i just copy everything in the ds from the PC browser or is there some other option? and for formatting it do I use the "format system memory" option or just delete everything from the PC browser?

Thanks, I'm just trying to be really careful and not mess up my console.
Firstly, The entrypoint means browserhax,ninjhax etc.
Secondly, did you change the date and time?
Thirdly, yes.
Finally, you dont need to format as it probably only improves it slightly, if at all. When he said format he means format the console.
If you still are unsure just dont do it you seem inexperienced.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can anyone tell me if theyve experienced a hard brick due the actual software itself or is it like sysupdater in terms of soft bricks?

Nak123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Firstly, The entrypoint means browserhax,ninjhax etc.
Secondly, did you change the date and time?
Thirdly, yes.
Finally, you dont need to format as it probably only improves it slightly, if at all. When he said format he means format the console.
If you still are unsure just dont do it you seem inexperienced.

Can anyone tell me if theyve experienced a hard brick due the actual software itself or is it like sysupdater in terms of soft bricks?

Ok thanks, no I didn't try changing the date, i was following the first set of instructions rather than the second set on the website.

So for the third question you said "yes", so what is the difference...? I assumed one is for the old 3ds and one is for the new, i downloaded the 3dsx one (I have the new 3ds xl), am I correct in assuming so?

And yea, I'm not too experienced, i've always been a part of the psp/vita scene since the first 1000 model, and so this is my first time with a 3ds.

Nak123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
9.2 pack of your region and it must be of a New 3DS

Are you in contact with the person that posted that download link? Just cause I'm trying to download it, but it seems dead, 9.2 pack for the new 3ds. I would create the download link but then it won't pop up to download.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok thanks, no I didn't try changing the date, i was following the first set of instructions rather than the second set on the website.

So for the third question you said "yes", so what is the difference...? I assumed one is for the old 3ds and one is for the new, i downloaded the 3dsx one (I have the new 3ds xl), am I correct in assuming so?

And yea, I'm not too experienced, i've always been a part of the psp/vita scene since the first 1000 model, and so this is my first time with a 3ds.
.cia is for those who are already on 9.2 as you need to be on it as its like a rom for a game that needs to be installed . 3dsx is for the hombrew launcher. I think you should do some heavy research before even attempting this rather than going straight into the advanced stuff

Last edited by TheDarkGreninja,

Nak123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
.cia is for those who are already on 9.2 as you need to be on it as its like a rom for a game that needs to be installed . 3dsx is for the hombrew launcher. I think you should do some heavy research before even attempting this rather than going straight into the advanced stuff

Mmk thanks for your help, Still lookin for a working download link for the 9.2 pack for n3ds, so I've got plenty of time i guess.. :/

Namida

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I'm new to this and would love to receive some help:

I have a New 3DS version 10.5 and I would like to downgrade it to 9.2.

I downloaded the 9.2U full pack from the website, I'm running browserhax and I ran SafeSysUpdater to check for everything and it all returned as Good. But I run SysUpdater and it shows only a black screen.

I read that someone else in this thread had the same issue but they were able to downgrade it through SafeSysUpdater, but if I try to downgrade it from there it only says INIT HAX, and stays stuck there. Still able to restart the N3DS without issues.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So I got OoT3D recently to install homebrew on my New 3DS XL, running on the latest firmware. After some tinkering around, getting the save injected and all, I finally got homebrew working. Yay!

I've tried four times already to downgrade. It does it successfully with no errors when downgrading. First time with the sysUpdater update for N3DS and the next three were with safeSysUpdater. However, each time I did it, I had a soft brick upon boot, where I had to boot into safe mode and update to fix my system.

I ran the downgrade files through SafeSysUpdater, and they're all okay. I posted about this on Reddit, and it seems like the solution is to format my system in order to downgrade. Is this the only way to do it? I have Pokemon Yellow and Tomodachi Life, which can't have their save data backed up...

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I backed up the content of my card, then did a format and downgraded. I installed CFW. Is there a way to get the original content back? The folder name is different now and I am afraid I am screwed and won't be able to get my game+savefiles back.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Mmk thanks for your help, Still lookin for a working download link for the 9.2 pack for n3ds, so I've got plenty of time i guess.. :/
-Your regions 9.2 downgrade pack from 'that iso site' [or 'that chaosful site'. Google this:
MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions) Cha0s Em3rald ]

Hello, I'm new to this and would love to receive some help:

I have a New 3DS version 10.5 and I would like to downgrade it to 9.2.

I downloaded the 9.2U full pack from the website, I'm running browserhax and I ran SafeSysUpdater to check for everything and it all returned as Good. But I run SysUpdater and it shows only a black screen.

I read that someone else in this thread had the same issue but they were able to downgrade it through SafeSysUpdater, but if I try to downgrade it from there it only says INIT HAX, and stays stuck there. Still able to restart the N3DS without issues.

Help would be greatly appreciated!
Dont use browserhax. Install and use menuhax. That should fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1