Tutorial NOOB friendly guide to Downgrading your 3DS (From FW <10.7!!)

Didja downgrade successfully from 10.4/10.5/10.6 ?

• O3ds yes

Votes: 137 41.6%
  • O3ds no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • New 3DS yes

Votes: 128 38.9%
  • New 3DS no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • I'll wait until yls8/smea releases an entrypoint for me

Votes: 73 22.2%

• Total voters

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
You have officially simplified and distilled what I'm sure is actually a very complex process into something so simple a child could do it without bricking their console. You have my deepest thanks and applause for all of your hard work! Just finished successfully downgrading one new and one old 3ds for myself (admittedly the old one was just a guinea pig, in case of failure) so I can FINALLY get around to playing Neo X! I literally have over 200 hours into my copy of X, but I was wanting the challenge of Neo X and thanks to all of your hard work I finally can!

And for those curious, my favorite Pokemon for online battles is ALWAYS the shiny Imposter Ditto I spent around 20 hours hunting through friend safaris for. Throw a choice scarf on him, and he can devastate anyone if used properly (your opponent thinks they're setting up their own sweeper, but really they're setting up YOURS).
Gracias!
And the ditto...is lethal.

darrin41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed hb launcher on my n3ds xl 10.6 grabbed cia pack full 9.2 from 3ds iso site everything installed it turned off now it want boot just a black screen and I don't have a back up of nand I tore it down to wear I can hard mod , but what are my option on fixing it thanks im a fucking noob sorry guys

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed hb launcher on my n3ds xl 10.6 grabbed cia pack full 9.2 from 3ds iso site everything installed it turned off now it want boot just a black screen and I don't have a back up of nand I tore it down to wear I can hard mod , but what are my option on fixing it thanks im a fucking noob sorry guys
Try taking out the sd card. Or booting into recovery mode.

Raniel

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well, everything worked like it was supposed to but after downgrading I can't turn the 3DS on without the "An error has occurred" message like it happened 10 times when I tried to downgrade from 10.3 before, I guess I just can't do this.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
-You are recommended to do a system format bfore downgrading, as it drastically reduces the chances of a brick. Also backup your SD Card, format it, then copy all files back. That would reduce brick chances too.

Formatting the 3ds doesnt drastically improve it, I've downgraded enough times to know this. So thats kinda misleading for newbies.

darrin41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully someone comes up with away to restore bricked nands that would be awesome , I followed the tut to a t and everything went well installed hb laucher and cia files and then booted 3ds to black screen:(

darrin41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys just figured out what went wrong I thought it was the n3ds xl turns out its the o3ds xl so I installed the wrong cia , should of install the o3ds cia intead of new one , its a costly mistake on my part, any feedback thanks:(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1