Homebrew Update 11.1 and Homebrew

Lord Blade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Inject the 11.1.0-34 save for your gamecard with powersave wit the saves from here: https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases/tag/09-15-16
So I've used the latest save, put it on my cart using PowerSaves (as I did before). However now instead of the Homebrew menu lauching, I get a message saying the ropbin is ready and then the system just goes back to the basic 3DS menu.

Still hoping SOMEONE can help me figure out why this is happening.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've used the latest save, put it on my cart using PowerSaves (as I did before). However now instead of the Homebrew menu lauching, I get a message saying the ropbin is ready and then the system just goes back to the basic 3DS menu.

Still hoping SOMEONE can help me figure out why this is happening.

Post a pic of the contents of your SD card.

Lord Blade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Post a pic of the contents of your SD card.
I'll try to get a pic set up. But it should basically have the default stuff, the contents of the Starter Kit, and JK's save editor.
Basically stuff I had working just fine before. Which I figured would still be working once I updated my hacked save.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to get a pic set up. But it should basically have the default stuff, the contents of the Starter Kit, and JK's save editor.
Basically stuff I had working just fine before. Which I figured would still be working once I updated my hacked save.

Hmmm, the only thing I can think that can make it crash is that the otherapp.bin payload was not updated for 11.1 which would need to be downloaded from homebrew website.

Lord Blade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm, the only thing I can think that can make it crash is that the otherapp.bin payload was not updated for 11.1 which would need to be downloaded from homebrew website.
Okay, so is that the N3DS_U_26624_usa_9221.bin file? And where would it need to be?
I basically did the same as when I previously set up the Homebrew stuff. I put the Starter Kit contents onto my SD card, and used PowerSaves to put the proper save hack onto the OoT cart.
Loaded the save in OoT, and after the ropbin ready message, the Homebrew menu started up. Now, nothing.

3DS%20contents.jpg

This is what's on my SD card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Um... so it's working now... :wtf:

I have no clue what changed. I took out the SD card, so I could take the screenshot for you, put it back in, tried loading up the save again... and this time Homebrew menu loaded up without issue.
I hadn't changed a thing (from the last dozen or so times I re-updated the Starter Kit contents and save on my OoT cart).

So... um... thanks?

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so is that the N3DS_U_26624_usa_9221.bin file? And where would it need to be?
I basically did the same as when I previously set up the Homebrew stuff. I put the Starter Kit contents onto my SD card, and used PowerSaves to put the proper save hack onto the OoT cart.
Loaded the save in OoT, and after the ropbin ready message, the Homebrew menu started up. Now, nothing.

3DS%20contents.jpg

This is what's on my SD card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Um... so it's working now... :wtf:

I have no clue what changed. I took out the SD card, so I could take the screenshot for you, put it back in, tried loading up the save again... and this time Homebrew menu loaded up without issue.
I hadn't changed a thing (from the last dozen or so times I re-updated the Starter Kit contents and save on my OoT cart).

So... um... thanks?

Did you download the file N3DS_U_26624_usa_9221.bin from here https://smealum.github.io/3ds/?

If not put your 3ds model and 11.1.0.-34x (whatever region) and download ropbin.

Then place this file on root of SD card.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Um... so it's working now...

The boot rate isn't going to be 100%, you should try getting into the homebrew launcher several times before concluding that it doesn't work.

Lord Blade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, when I first set it up, it worked on the second try. Thing is, when it failed the first time, I was stuck with a red screen. Not dumped to the basic menu.
Since the patch I've tried a ton of times and it just kept going back to the menu. So it just seems... odd.

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country
If the ropbin loads but can't find boot.3dsx for whatever reason (possibly a freak bug that occurred when mounting the SD card in this case?), it'll dump you back to the home menu without executing. Being stuck at the red screen only happens if you get far enough for it to run and fail to complete.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Decorations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3ds luma 11.1 cfw don't care for a9lh cause don't have a comp for a certain step anyways I can't access homebrew on 11.1 even with the hbl.cia :"( someone help me out please

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night