Hacking No way to burn wii u disks I own to HDD?

caliskier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was setting up homebrew and planned to use USB Helper for the disks I own, but apparently that's gone now. I have seen several posts about it not working any more. I was hoping I could just burn my wii U games like I could on the wii with configurable usb loader. Is there a way to do that with the Wii U? I would prefer not to go to a website to get the games I alrady own on disk.

bitzthatbyte

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I was setting up homebrew and planned to use USB Helper for the disks I own, but apparently that's gone now. I have seen several posts about it not working any more. I was hoping I could just burn my wii U games like I could on the wii with configurable usb loader. Is there a way to do that with the Wii U? I would prefer not to go to a website to get the games I alrady own on disk.

This will create installable files from your disk/s

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-disc2app-dump-installable-app-files-from-wiiu-game-disc.460668/

bitzthatbyte

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This works great, but I think maybe he wanted to dump to usb not sd card, its been a while, does this app allow him to do that?

No I don't believe you can install directly to you USB from disk.....you need to copy your disk to installable files on your SD using "disk2app" then install those created files to your USB using WUP installer

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by ,

caliskier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep

They take a little while to convert especially bigger Wii games, maybe 20 min to an hour depending on the game.

Last edited by ,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going this route does not allow for individual gamecube game settings. Also, the retroarch emu plays most games better than the eshop versions.

Most likely since they're on his hdd they're not eshop versions. Nintendont (which is still being used) plays 100% of Gamecube games perfectly. Wii games play great as they're still using the vWii which is a Wii. Maybe for other consoles retroarch is better but for Wii/GC.

Last edited by ,

caliskier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys, what wupinstaller should I be using? As in, I just ripped a game as a test, now I need to use wupinstaller to install it.

Last edited by caliskier,

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
Most likely since they're on his hdd they're not eshop versions. Nintendont (which is still being used) plays 100% of Gamecube games perfectly. Wii games play great as they're still using the vWii which is a Wii. Maybe for other consoles retroarch is better but for Wii/GC.
I meant eshop as vcinjects, which it what he wants. and obviously retroarch is worse at emulating consoles that it has no cores for :)

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant eshop as vcinjects, which it what he wants. and obviously retroarch is worse at emulating consoles that it has no cores for :)

I don't use RetroArch I wouldn't know. As far as I can tell he was only asking about Wii/GC games that's why I commented on those.

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't use RetroArch I wouldn't know. As far as I can tell he was only asking about Wii/GC games that's why I commented on those.
ah I thought he wanted to know about nes and snes also. but you should try retroarch, its not as convenient, but man does it look so much better for nes and snes games once you set it up right, and no channel limit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only place would be instagram.