No Motion Plus in No More Heroes 2; Classic Controller Support

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    [​IMG]

News Source: GoNintendo Source #2: 1Up

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    NMH played well enough for me to not desire motion plus and the classic controller is welcome for us who can't be arsed with motion gameplay sometimes even though I detest the classic controller, something about it urks me.

Much prefer to use GC controller but thats just me, I'm awkward.

3. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    It doesn't really need the motion plus. All you do is swing and it responds accurately enough without it. There's not much point of adding motion plus to NMH if you ask me. Its not a type of game where it needs to know if you're twisting your wrist or not.

4. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I thought the battle-system was pretty good with its controls in the first NMH. It was not exhausting or tedious but very setisfying to do the finishings with the motion-input... no need to change anything here!

5. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Meh, don't really care about MotionPlus in NMH, it's not really 'needed'. What I do like is the Classic Controller support. That's just awesome!

Must... buy...

6. toguro_max

Member toguro_max GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Hmm, the way I see it, adding the Classic Controller support is the first step on testing how would NMH work on the other "no motion controller" consoles...
    I could'n care less... But I agree with Hadrian, GC controller support would be nicier...

7. ca_michelbach

Member ca_michelbach GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Should be great without motion plus. In my opinion motion plus seems to be going the way of wiispeak; a lot of hype but not many (apart from a few games) are willing to use it and tbh not many people (apart from fanboys) seem to care.

8. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    its like using the ds touchscreen on every game which is unnecessary unless well implemented so i guess it applies here too (better safe than sorry)

9. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    They did it so well with the Wiimote/Nunchuck that I'm glad they didn't do WM+. I was fearing if they would use the WM+ that they would just fuck up the game. Sigh of relief over here.

10. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    So, no more motion-controlled finishing moves? That sucks. I thought that was one of the best parts of the first game. They managed to find a nice balance of button mashing and motion control to make for some viscerally satisfying combat. Ah well...I wasn't really all that excited for the game anyway. Apart from the combat, I wasn't too thrilled with my time with the first one. I so appreciate Suda's very belittling sense of humor, but it doesn't necessarily make for great gameplay.

11. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    It seems like you read it wrongly, you now have the choice of using either the WiiMote/Nunchuk or the WiiMote/Classic Controller setup.

12. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    This game started out sounding like an overhaul, but after looking at screens and the truth actually behind the game, it seems the creator paid practically no attention to the criticism. I expect this to be practically the same as the first tbh.