No More Heroes NTSC black and white

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nonane, Jan 10, 2009.

Jan 10, 2009
  1. nonane
    OP

Newcomer nonane Newbie

Canada
    Hey, new here, and I'm having some trouble burning No More Heroes. The game loads fine and everything but it shows up as black and white on my screen the whole time. Has anyone else had this issue? Would it be the iso, the burner? I used a Philips DVD-R and burned at 2x if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help...

2. 20clarky08

Member 20clarky08 Official Wii Freak

United Kingdom
    Black and White games is usually a TV issue

is the game Pal or NTSC?? if its pal try forcing NTSC in your loader.

3. nonane
    OP

Newcomer nonane Newbie

Canada
    The game's iso says "NTSC-PAL", forgive the ignorance but I just thought that that would work with either NTSC or PAL, and I have an NTSC (US) Wii...so it would work if I got a "PAL"-only iso and forced NTSC on the loader?

4. geishroy

Member geishroy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just force NTSC on the loader and it should work.

5. jkoven1

Newcomer jkoven1 Newbie

United States
    i am having the same issue, and when i select "FORCE NTSC" it freezes on a green screen.

i have a NTSC Wii 3.2U and changed the region to NTSC-U with region free program, burned, and it works but only in black and white

could it just be my TV?

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Most region patchers are crap as they only change the information from which region the disc is. If you use a launcher(Gecko OS, Gamma or SoftChip) this doesn't change anything at all. The problem you have is: The game contains only the code for the region it was made for and not for your region. That's why it freezes with you region video mode. The black and white playback is the fault of your tv or your video cable, as it doesn't support both PAL and NTSC.

PS: You have a PAL copy and want to play it on a NTSC Wii??? You know that the PAL version is heavily censored?

7. tuerestu

Newcomer tuerestu Newbie

Guatemala
    You should try to change the region of No More heroes before installing it with region frii http://wiki.nintendo-scene.com/Region_Frii ... Im having the exact same problem and ill burn the disk after changing the region from PAL to NTSC-USA and I hope it works if it does Ill tell u later =) good luck

8. Neku_Sakuraba

Member Neku_Sakuraba GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You should just use the USB loader! It has less problems with runing backed up isos then the other backup loaders out there.

9. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    that means ntsc version patched to be pal.
    pal version was censored, hence people doing this.. get another version