Hacking No More Heroes NTSC black and white

nonane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, new here, and I'm having some trouble burning No More Heroes. The game loads fine and everything but it shows up as black and white on my screen the whole time. Has anyone else had this issue? Would it be the iso, the burner? I used a Philips DVD-R and burned at 2x if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help...

nonane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game's iso says "NTSC-PAL", forgive the ignorance but I just thought that that would work with either NTSC or PAL, and I have an NTSC (US) Wii...so it would work if I got a "PAL"-only iso and forced NTSC on the loader?

jkoven1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am having the same issue, and when i select "FORCE NTSC" it freezes on a green screen.

i have a NTSC Wii 3.2U and changed the region to NTSC-U with region free program, burned, and it works but only in black and white

could it just be my TV?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jkoven1 said:
i am having the same issue, and when i select "FORCE NTSC" it freezes on a green screen.

i have a NTSC Wii 3.2U and changed the region to NTSC-U with region free program, burned, and it works but only in black and white

could it just be my TV?

Most region patchers are crap as they only change the information from which region the disc is. If you use a launcher(Gecko OS, Gamma or SoftChip) this doesn't change anything at all. The problem you have is: The game contains only the code for the region it was made for and not for your region. That's why it freezes with you region video mode. The black and white playback is the fault of your tv or your video cable, as it doesn't support both PAL and NTSC.

PS: You have a PAL copy and want to play it on a NTSC Wii??? You know that the PAL version is heavily censored?

Neku_Sakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should just use the USB loader! It has less problems with runing backed up isos then the other backup loaders out there.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nonane said:
The game's iso says "NTSC-PAL", forgive the ignorance but I just thought that that would work with either NTSC or PAL, and I have an NTSC (US) Wii...so it would work if I got a "PAL"-only iso and forced NTSC on the loader?
that means ntsc version patched to be pal.
pal version was censored, hence people doing this.. get another version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr