Hacking [No longer maintained] RajNX - starter pack for Nintendo Switch

Adrian5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looking forward to taking advantage of the auto firmware compatibility because I always need swap the files on my SD when I go from 3.0 to 5.02 and vice versa. I'm gonna try this out now. Thanks for taking the time to put this together!

Reactions: tiliarou

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to taking advantage of the auto firmware compatibility because I always need swap the files on my SD when I go from 3.0 to 5.02 and vice versa. I'm gonna try this out now. Thanks for taking the time to put this together!
How are you switching firmwares?

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Choidejour to go back and forth between the two firmware versions. My console has 3 burnt fuses so I can still boot with the nintendo booter into 3.0 and my cartridge slot still works all thanks to raj.
Any advantages to switching between firmwares? Does the gamecard slot not work on the newer firmware?

Reactions: tiliarou

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Choidejour to go back and forth between the two firmware versions. My console has 3 burnt fuses so I can still boot with the nintendo booter into 3.0 and my cartridge slot still works all thanks to raj.

My friend's Switch I started modding with earlier this week was on 3.0.2 because of Odyssey, I wish he hadn't updated, but I don't blame him. When I purchase my own, I'm going to make sure it's on 3.0.0 at the very least, but it would be really nice to get a 1.0.0 model.

Without Raj's toolset, I would have had 12x more of a headache to deal with if they didn't exist. All of you guys who modded your Switches before these tools were easily accessible, you have my props. It takes some balls to get into some of this stuff knowing you could screw up and have to start over.

Last edited by Serfrost,

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
its easy to miscount if doing manually (since you need to skip {} sections), so do it via the configuration menu, but it does start at 1 for the first one (as 0 means no autoboot)

Reactions: suzsuzuki

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
@rajkosto

How does the failsafe boot work with regards to gamecard protection if the .ini is missing or corrupt and you boot the "default" option?. Does it play it safe and block it or does it allow it to be updated?

ninjacat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here.

Just got PegaSwitch and FakeNews on my 1.0.0 Switch using Puyo Puyo Tetris. I am going to use reboot to RCM by renaming it to HBL.nsp and use the album method to install RajNX.

Interested in getting RajNX on my switch and I believe 1.0.0 is supported. Going to be honest here, I mainly wanted to play .NSP games on this such as Mario Odyssey.

Which means I have to upgrade my FW to do so. What are some of my options here? Thanks.

I did read up on ChoidujourNX. What should be my next steps? Thanks a lot guys.

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
Noob here.

Just got PegaSwitch and FakeNews on my 1.0.0 Switch using Puyo Puyo Tetris. I am going to use reboot to RCM by renaming it to HBL.nsp and use the album method to install RajNX.

Interested in getting RajNX on my switch and I believe 1.0.0 is supported. Going to be honest here, I mainly wanted to play .NSP games on this such as Mario Odyssey.

Which means I have to upgrade my FW to do so. What are some of my options here? Thanks.

I did read up on ChoidujourNX. What should be my next steps? Thanks a lot guys.

I did this exact same process.

You want to use ChidujourNX and ensure you install an exfat FW. As that does autoRCM for you you wont need to use fakenews anymore. when you boot into RajNX for the first time, use the option thats ONLY for 1.0.0 to allow you too boot CHoidujourNX, dont use it again after you've upgraded, use the other options.

Let me know if you need help with any of this as I did just this only a few days ago and it worked well

Reactions: ninjacat and RAGER

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@rajkosto

How does the failsafe boot work with regards to gamecard protection if the .ini is missing or corrupt and you boot the "default" option?. Does it play it safe and block it or does it allow it to be updated?

It just asks you if you want to boot fully stock (to confirm you must press power button again). DO NOT do that if you need nogc.

ninjacat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply.

Just want to confirm my next steps.

1. boot into RCM and install all drivers and what not.
2. Run TegraRcmSmash and select rajnx_ipl.bin
3. Once RajNX is loaded select only 1.0.0 profile

Couple of questions
Move the ChoidujourNX.nro into my switch folder before or after RajNX has been loaded or is it included in RajNX?
Which firmware did you upgrade to?

Thanks again.

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
It just asks you if you want to boot fully stock (to confirm you must press power button again). DO NOT do that if you need nogc.
Too late for me, i already pressed the button by accident. Anyway maybe the default can be to block the GC to help/save other people?.

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick reply.

Just want to confirm my next steps.

1. boot into RCM and install all drivers and what not.
2. Run TegraRcmSmash and select rajnx_ipl.bin
3. Once RajNX is loaded select only 1.0.0 profile

Couple of questions
Move the ChoidujourNX.nro into my switch folder before or after RajNX has been loaded or is it included in RajNX?
Which firmware did you upgrade to?

Thanks again.

You gotta put the ChoiDujourNX.nro in your microsd:/switch folder yourself, or it wont be there to launch in hbmenu
If you only want to play mayron, you should update to 3.0.x, 3.0.2 is the last firmware where there's no fear of updating the gc controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work