Hacking No globalsettings.ini file being created

jerry2020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hi, hoping someone can help!

Just purchased a new acekard 2i card with SD yesterday, but cannot for the life of me get it to work! Im using a DSi version 1.4E, panasonic SD formatter, Have tried two different sd cards, and both versions 1.8.9 and 1.9.0 of AKAIO, but get the same problem every time, which is:

while i can successfully boot into the akaio main screen, i cannot change any of the system settings. attempts to change the UI skin etc are simply lost once the device is restarted. I also note that there is no globalsettings.ini file being created.

Any ideas what might be causing this problem? anyone got a copy of the globalsettings.ini file I can attempt to manually copy onto my disk?

I have a funny feeling its some kind of permissions error, but have no idea what to try next

any help at all would be much appreciated

Cheers
Jerry

Just some further info as a result of additional tests:
via PC, created two folders on the sd card and created txt file in one of them. Then booted into AKAIO and attempted to copy the txt file from 1 folder & paste in the other folder - this failed
Ran a rom game which starts up just fine, but eventually comes up with message "cannot create save game file, please restart"
seems as if the acekard cannot write to the SD card.
any thoughts?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the problem is not with akaio. akaio does not have any options to halt the writing of data. the issue is probably your msd card. at this point you need to run some diagnostic tools on your card to see if there are any issues. some users who had odd problems were able to fix them by reformatting the msd card (making a new partition) using gparted live. http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

i would advise you to find a second msd card and to run new tests. i would be suprised to find out a second card was behaving the same way, unless your msd card reader is faulty.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: yeah